• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tell me about this game. What is the difference between this and the other Paradox Interactive games?
And how hard is it? And finally are the warfare mechanics same than HoI?

Have you checked out any of the AARs or Lets play videos?

In terms of difficulty its on the lower end of the scale, though it depends on a lot of factors such as which nation you play.
If you mean complexity it is one of the less complex PDS games.
Its a cross between EUIII (economy, diplomacy) and HoI3 (cmbt).

The warfare mechanics are where the game shines... they are more detailed than HoI in some ways (land), but less so in others (sea).

My sig should have a link to aar I was writing.... with some luck Im in the mood to start working on it again. Maybe this weekend.

It's weird, but I find that this game could have the potential to be the most complex. With the more focused scope and timeframe, they could really put in a lot of detail. Some is already there, but I hope they develop it more. ;)

I dunno, but honestly I don't find EU to be much more complex. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but the mechanics and systems are fairly straightforward with very little to micromanage or input from the player. This game however, I feel has more potential with army composition and setting stances for corps etc. Also strange is that I find my games of MotE to last longer than EUIV where I fast forward much of the time.

Have you checked out any of the AARs or Lets play videos?

In terms of difficulty its on the lower end of the scale, though it depends on a lot of factors such as which nation you play.
If you mean complexity it is one of the less complex PDS games.
Its a cross between EUIII (economy, diplomacy) and HoI3 (cmbt).

The warfare mechanics are where the game shines... they are more detailed than HoI in some ways (land), but less so in others (sea).

My sig should have a link to aar I was writing.... with some luck Im in the mood to start working on it again. Maybe this weekend.

Great AAR. :)