• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mixxer5

General
74 Badges
May 7, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • King Arthur II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
I've played demo for a while but game wasn't very interesting for me (+ it seems like it's impossible to continue game in V2). I know that in paradox games mods change game sometimes incredibly, but sadly forum is locked until I buy (and register) game... So this is a question for people with access- are any overhaul mods available making game more interesting?

Thx in advance.

both "The Gods" and the 1792 mod are excellent. The creators of those two have worked very hard in keeping them updated and they both really widen the game out in both time and options. I've not tried any of the others here, yet. But those two make your decision easy. Even if you hold out til the base game is on sale, somewhere, these mods continue to get good work.

I would have to say the 1792 mod is by far the best one out there and well worth the download.

I would have to say the 1792 mod is by far the best one out there and well worth the download.

Oh hush, your mod is excellent :p

its the base 1792 mod with some changes to the modifiers/flags/and new nations.

Base game forces you to play napoleonic wars : stack as many trrops as attition allows and master the art of regrouping for battle.

Thant's what 180x warfare is about, and that's what make sthis game worthwile.

I've spent very little time with Vic2 and CK2 as of late, and I have not spent the money on EU4, yet. I keep coming back to this game. Mods are great, I've even tried tinkering with some, myself. The militaristic thinking is amazing. The combat mechanics are better, to me, than the other titles. I dunno, this game don't get a lot of love, but it sure is a sweet keeper in my library!

Is there anything that balances up the slightly ridiculous battle mechanics? I'm not having a lot of fun losing 7 warscore because of a lost skirmish that I retreated from before it turned nasty, or chasing a tiny and defeated army halfway across the map because each battle only chips off a tiny portion of the enemy army's strength and armies need to be massively outnumbered to finally shatter.

Don't get me wrong, MoTE is a fantastic game, but it's a fantastic game with some truly frustrating flaws.

I have not played this and I have a question:
Comparing it with the other Paradox titles I would asume I have the answer but here it goes anyway

Is it possible to make a total conversion to create a Latin America Independence mod? I dont know if the mechanics would be right to start with 1776.

Or is there any project going on for that matter?
thanks!

I don't know if the map is big enough for all of Latin America, but if you only want Central America and what's around it (I mean, Mexico to Colombia), it's perfectly possible. It's a total conversion like any other and the idea looks good to me.

The game mechanics would be right in 1776 as well. MotE has better combat mechanics over EU after the 1700s.