• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It depends on what you want to do...
Are you planning on using the map editor? You might want to use United World so you can build buildings from all DLCs and expansions in one city.
Timeline editor will allow you to make your city change over the years.
For the game itself, you might want to use Undergroud tram, Elevated tram Advanced line management, Big underground metro station.
To fix the appearence time of DLC vehicles: use the DLC time fix mod
There are many more usefull mods out there.

For Cities in Motion there are great mods, the community has done an amazing job! It's really up to your playstyle and what are the things to want to have emphasis on :)

I hope you enjoy Cities in Motion!

It depends on what you want to do...
For the game itself, you might want to use Undergroud tram, Elevated tram Advanced line management, Big underground metro station.

I think some of these mods require the mod manager. You could directly download from the links and drag them to the addons folder, or go to settings>add repositories (at the bottom) and click all of them. The the mods will appear on the installed tab, and click the ones you want to install. Remember to enable the mods in the mods/addons tab. Besides these recommendations, I would also recommend united transport systems which merges all the transport systems and makes monorails and trams separate, and vehicle manager, which enables you to customize the length of vehicles and keeps vehicles running when you are adding stops. And maybe also tram puzzle pieces and tram extra pieces if you are willing to go through some trouble to allow more flexibility within your tram system.

Last edited:
And Line Statistics Plus really helps you keep track of your lines profitability and passenger satisfaction.