• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
# Major additions
- Added coalitions page to the ledger.
- Diplomatic offer now has a check box that will make the dialog pop up instantly.
- Call to arms will pop up instantly.
- Added message for when a future cardinal previously loyal to us is now loyal to somebody else.

# Mainmenu
- Browse-button in content now opens DLC- or MOD-pages depending on what tab is selected.
- Country selection: Don't display shortcut shields until game setup is shown.

# Diplomatic Interface
- Rivals can now be set by clicking on the map.
- Show in tooltip why some shields are grey.
- Fixed glitch when tag switching and having the window open.
- Removed focus from search field when window is hidden.
- Added info when you can insult again in diplomacy tooltip.
- Fixed alliance AI acceptance tooltip to match with AI logic.
- Added attitude icon for human player.
- Replaced blood drop attitude icon with a flame.
- Declare War: Forcing a vassal or a lesser union partner will now warn you about who you are about to go to war with.
- Declare War: Added missing line break after "All Provinces" when listing war goal peace options.

# Peaceview
- Fixed annexation tooltip to display that you can't annex the emperor.
- If we disable the "become vassal" option and it is selected, we deselect it.
- Better readability in peace offer concede list.
- Added information of how the Diplomatic Power cost was calculated in the tooltip for returning cores.
- AE info no longer show countries that will receive 0 opinion change

# Units
- Reorganize: Fixed list order changing when moving ships and fixed type sort
- Detached damaged from a fleet now gives the new fleet a fleet name instead of an army name.
- No longer possible to detach damaged units if all of them are damaged
- Disabled buttons for splitting army while it is in shattered state.
- Scorched Earth now shows correct MIL cost
- Enemy panel visible over friend panel
- Maintenance tooltips now show the correct values.
- Combat view: fixed tooltip for insufficient support to accurately describe effects and to use the correct color for being a malus.
- Combat view: Added tooltips to the numbers to show how many troops are in each line, reserves or retreating.
- Siege view: Show breach description if the walls are breached.
- Siege view: Added new siege, breach and assault pictures.

# HRE Intergace
- Fixed the overlapping of emperor's name.
- The button now glows when a reform can be enacted.

# Savegames
- Show error message when failing to save cloud file.
- Save game folder entries are now properly aligned and have an icon as well.
- It's now possible to load from and to observer-savegames from ingame.
- debug_saves in settings.txt now works with numbers greater than 12, so you can set the game to save every 5 years, 10 years, etc.

# Outliner
- Improved navy tooltip in outliner.
- Added additional information to the tooltip of the diplomat Improving Relations.

# Ledger
- Implemented tooltips for pie charts.
- Fixed column sizes for trade nodes and province overview.

# Messages
- Correct message is now shown if a lesser union partner breaks.
- Call to arms popups now lists the war name when possible.
- Add goto-button to ~30 of message-popups.
- Rebels entered our country now has a go to button.
- Added icon for choosing between alert or popup when dealing with alliance offers.
- Added the stats of the heir to the "new heir"-popup.
- "Cardinal No Longer Loyal to us" Goto button opens Papacy view.
- Sell province message is no longer received for undiscovered countries.
- GOTO button in end of combat message now works when the unit was wiped.

# Alerts
- Diplomatic-alerts now fade in/out when the are about to expire instead of blinking randomly.
- Show Stability and Expansion tab when clicking Overextension alert.
- Fixed country at war alert for non-existing country.
- Added 4 alerts: alert_can_vote_for_cardinal, alert_can_convert_province, alert_over_diplomatic_relations and alert_can_westernize.

# Hints
- It is now possible to get hints for already chosen ideas.
- Updated idea group cost in the hint.

# Misc Interface fixes.
- Economy tab: Fixed colony maintenance tooltip.
- Trade: Trade interface and Unit view now send ships on to Protect Trade in the same way as the AI.
- Shortcuts: The keys 'p' and 'i' are now used to open papacy- & HRE-view.Map mode: Trade Steering percentage in the on-map tooltip is no longer divided by 100.
- Papacy view: Fixed long country names overlapping.
- Government tab: Slightly improved tooltip for advisor skill.
- The gui textbox for mission titles is now much wider
- Canceling building Confirmation Window now shows the correct percentage of returned investment.
- Find province: Pressing enter when searching for a country will take you to the capital.
- Top bar: Fixed so ducats above 9999 are displayed as "10K" etc.
- fixed enemy core-cost icon.
- Fixed duplicate + sign in power increase tooltip.
- Updated missionary strength icon. Replaced the die with a fist.
- Why missionaries have no progress is now listed in the tooltip for construction/outliner.
- Discovery chance display for spy actions are now a monthly chance.
- Clicking leader attribute icons will sort them as well.
- Can no longer see where an army is doing a shattered retreat unless it's your own unit.
- Fixed correct update of secondary map mode when forced.
- All building icons now has a proper frame.
- Hide HRE button if the HRE is dismantled.
- Unit types icons are now smaller to avoid tooltip overlapping.
- Fixed display of religious bonus in missionary tooltip if negative.
- Better user feedback about halted coring when in war with another core owner.
- On Monarch Death tooltip will now show the name of an heir's dynasty.
- tooltips now uses correct way to calculate maintenance costs.
- The mouse cursor now changes to the normal cursor if hovering a gui-object while Production Interface is open.
- Fixed bug where land maintenance would be shown instead of naval maintenance.
- If you can't afford to build a unit the tooltip now says how much cash you need.
- Buildings: Fixed canceling unique building construction.
- Rewrote tooltip for CV_BREAK_COUNTRY_CITIES.
- Cleaned up tooltip for REPUBLICAN_TRADITION_IRO.
- Colony view: Added a decimal to colonist chance.Economy tab: Maintenance slider tooltips now show final effect on morale (after modifiers and adjusting for minimum value).
- Stability tab: Fixed on siege effect display in Handle rebels.
- Religion tab: Provinces that cannot be converted are now placed at the bottom of the list when sorting on conversion time.
- Economy tab: Added base maintenance string to unit maintenance tooltip make it clearer why it differs from economy calculations.
- Economy tab: Inflation now update immediately when inflation changes.

A lot of really good stuff in here...

- Can no longer see where an army is doing a shattered retreat unless it's your own unit.
- Diplomatic offer now has a check box that will make the dialog pop up instantly.
- Call to arms will pop up instantly.
- Add goto-button to ~30 of message-popups.

These are the biggies but a lot of others are much appreciated.

Not being able to see where an enemy army is doing a shattered retreat to is great. But maybe one could think about introducing it as the ultimate bonus within the spy ideas again, making them more worthwile (like "forced march", which is also tied to ideas).

With a large empire holding worldwide colonies I have often problems with my trade fleets.

If you are in war with a huge naval power like UK or France or with a large coalition there is always a risk that one of your trade fleets would be catched. To avoid it you have to put every fleet manually to the next port and after the war start the trade protecting for every fleet anew.

A button like "Stop trade" (all protecting fleets would go to the next port automatically but still "remember" which trade note they are protecting)/"Resume trade" would solve this problem.

Not being able to see where an enemy army is doing a shattered retreat to is great. But maybe one could think about introducing it as the ultimate bonus within the spy ideas again, making them more worthwile (like "forced march", which is also tied to ideas).

That sounds like a nice idea.

So now I have to actively pursue shattered armies halfway across their country to destroy them? :(

Which is what you shouldn't do in the first place. The entire idea behind this mechanism is for you to have a clean front during some time where you can siege and reorganize. You are not supposed to hunt down.

Reactions:
I imagine a "Shattered Retreat" as if the unit has been comprehensively destroyed at the front but new units from fleeing survivors etc will be recreated when it reaches its home destination. Rather than imagining an entire army actually running across the country as one.

Which is what you shouldn't do in the first place. The entire idea behind this mechanism is for you to have a clean front during some time where you can siege and reorganize. You are not supposed to hunt down.

Which makes wars a question of manpower, not strategy. Which is stupid.

Reactions:
A small suggestion: would it be possible, for a future patch, to show how many of the electors vote for you without opening the HRE window? Or maybe just change the appearance of the button a bit when you would get re-elected to clearly show "I'm safe".

So now I have to actively pursue shattered armies halfway across their country to destroy them? :(

All the more reason for a "follow that cab!" button.

I'd like to see a Hide Decision option, especially for that one that's 8% cheaper Stability (which we rarely need) in return for 4% less taxes (every month forever), especially now that money is likely to be more meaningful. In fact, for that decision I'd like a "never show me this decision again in any game" button.

All in all, though, excellent changes. Even though the final destination of retreating armies seems like a reasonable price to pay for allowing enemy units to pass, unmolested. If thousands of troops wander by thousands of troops, quietly, with no combat, somebody is gonna ask "so, where you going?"

I imagine a "Shattered Retreat" as if the unit has been comprehensively destroyed at the front but new units from fleeing survivors etc will be recreated when it reaches its home destination. Rather than imagining an entire army actually running across the country as one.

But there are only shattered retreats in the game. Or can you make an organized retreat?

Right click on any neighbouring province after the first days of battle. Organized retreat! I've seen the AI do it as well from time to time, but far too seldom.
There was a bug where the AI was underestimating the ability of large armies with low morale, I can easily see this having caused the AI to be overly aggressive in engaging / remaining in losing battles.

"- debug_saves in settings.txt now works with numbers greater than 12, so you can set the game to save every 5 years, 10 years, etc."

Just out of interest, how would one do this? For example, I'd like to set saves to quarterly. Does that mean I should set debug_saves=3?

Shattered Retreat is a Pain in the ***! Especially when playing a Country whose capital is well away from the Front. Having my French Armies retreat ALL the way to Paris from Constantinople and Kiev is something to watch with horror.