• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cjheigl

Private
36 Badges
Sep 17, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
Hello, this is my first game with CORE. I'm playing Germany. It looks like there is a very low amount of manpower to build things. I ran out of manpower in june 1937 which seems way too early. Is that intended? And if it is, what to do? Of course I could build a huge stockpile of supplies but then I would have no army later on.

Last edited:
I haven't played Germany in a while, but I think you get some extra MP during the Anschluss, and there is supposed to be a mobilization event, which increases your MP further. It also increases your MP base in the provinces, resulting in higher MP growth. I think it won't fire before 1938 though.
So until then, don't build MP-intensive ground troops, build airforce, special units, some line of tanks maybe. Bulk infantry can be built later on, in 38/39, when you have more manpower.

there are mobilisation events that greatly increase MP and IC, the maximum extent happens when you fight an all-out war against powerful adversaries. Don't exactly know how it's triggered.

Could it be that the choice of the 1937 Reichsparteitag makes all the difference? I chose Reichsparteitag des Friedens instead of der Arbeit because I already had researched all the techs I would get blueprints from the tag der Arbeit (apart from Military Recovery 1938 which I had researched at 30% at the time) so I didn't see much benefit from choosing Arbeit while I could get belligerence down by 5 by choosing Frieden. Are there any hidden benefits from choosing Arbeit?

I just ran a handsoff game with Switzerland and discovered the AI gets a lot of extra manpower with Germany compared to my game with Germany. I don't know where that comes from. In total the AI got about 550 more manpower by february 1939 than I did. AI chooses Parteitag der Arbeit. Part of the extra manpower could be that the AI gets free units (Waffen SS) which I don't get. Apart from installing Himmler (I replaced him with a crime fighter) I never got a message concerning the SS.

Any "Friedens" choices will lead to a-historical peaceful Germany paths. So this quite likely is the cause of the problems you are experiencing.