Too easy for United States to join alliance/war. Would like modding help.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AussieKSU

Recruit
21 Badges
Feb 13, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
For balancing purposes, I'm looking for advice on how to balance play for the United States. Playing as the United States, it is easiliy possible to crank interventionism down to a level suitable to join the war much early than historically. For multiplayer purposes, I think this makes the game very, very difficult for the axis. In order to balance this out a bit, I've conisdered making a random event for the Germans to fund sympathizers in the United States. This would increase the isolationism of the United States. I have this tested, and working, however there are a few other ideas I wanted to try, and need direction on how to accomplish them:

-Increasing the dissent hit for joining an alliance that is at war.
-Increasing the interventionism needed for a particular country (United States) to join the war.
-Introducing a required relationship status to join or create an alliance.

Are any of these possible, and if so, please point me in the direction to accomplish them.

Thank you in advance.