• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lucius Drake

Major
69 Badges
Oct 19, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
In all of my hundreds of hours playing CK2, I have one thing that consistently reoccurs in every single game. I am not a superstitious man by any means, but this is borderline ridiculous. What I am referring to the name that I like to name my Greek characters -- Pelagios (Pelagius if I am Latin country). I've always liked the name, but every time I have named a child of mine with that name, something terrible happens. In this game alone as the restored Roman Empire, I named one of my children Pelagios, and the realm was immediately thrown into civil war. The second time, my brother Pelagios formed a host against me to claim the empire, and almost succeeded. How crazy is that? There are a score of other games that things happened like this.

So, I'm curious, do any of you guys have occurrences like this? Something that you do that always nets a bad response no matter what the circumstances are?

Every time I get a male character with the "strong" trait and I train him to be a military leader, he also gets the "homosexual" trait. XD I mean, he's so manly and strong, he studied the art of war and mastered the use of weapons and killing machines, and he turns queer. I find that amusingly ironic and it happens 90% of the times. I came to think that this was an Easter Egg left by a gay Paradox developer. XD

If this is really the case, It'd be Hilariously Ironic.
It really, really is. My friend actually reminded me of our last game. Pelagios, the Doux of Athens, became possessed and attained the Speaking in Tongues and Voice of Jesus modifiers. I have never gotten any of those traits or modifiers prior to that.

Every time I get a male character with the "strong" trait and I train him to be a military leader, he also gets the "homosexual" trait. XD I mean, he's so manly and strong, he studied the art of war and mastered the use of weapons and killing machines, and he turns queer. I find that amusingly ironic and it happens 90% of the times. I came to think that this was an Easter Egg left by a gay Paradox developer. XD

All those late nights practicing 'crossing swords' coming to fruit maybe?

Whenever I call a daughter of mine "Semiramis", she ends up killing her brothers to inherit the realm. Ruined about half a dozen games of mine in the past year.

I have tried on four separate games to name a child either italian or greek, "Nero." Two died in childbirth, one died in infancy and the other was an inbred lunatic. History clearly doesn't want to repeat itself!

It was the same for me with Solomonid dynasty. I tended to name sons Alexander and Solomon, and while Alexanders were all extremely successful, not a single Solomon ever ruled the empire. Every bad thing in the book always happened to them.

guys guys... confirmation bias ... pls :)

its all very entertaining anecdotes but please dont just run off thinking this is all intended ;)

I've never seen a child die in childbirth. Is that a mod?

Wait seriously? Sorry for derailing but dying in childbirth isn't in vanilla!? Just goes to show how long i've been using CKII+ haha!