• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will the annexation of China save the CSA? Will the Han assimilate as well as Nippon? Did Ben Kenobi really set up these last 10 updates just for this lame pun?

If you can hold off the Imperials long enough to ship back a fair number of divisions, I think your victory over the Imperials is assured. But that is a big 'if', with the automatic game-over conditions baked into the Confederacy. It's a race against time!

Your question about the Han assimilating as well as the Japanese - considering the Japanese revolted and took control of nearly half their island, perhaps you should hope for a bit more cooperation from the Han than you're currently getting from the Japanese? :)

Oh, and finally, if you did indeed labor for 10 updates to set up that Han Solo pun, then I can only commend you for your dogged pursuit of the payoff. That's some dedication. ;)

If you can hold off the Imperials long enough to ship back a fair number of divisions, I think your victory over the Imperials is assured. But that is a big 'if', with the automatic game-over conditions baked into the Confederacy. It's a race against time!

Plus clipper dodging. ;) The Imperials are going to try to interdict the Rebel shipments.

Your question about the Han assimilating as well as the Japanese - considering the Japanese revolted and took control of nearly half their island, perhaps you should hope for a bit more cooperation from the Han than you're currently getting from the Japanese?

Mostly due to neglect. No divisions. I'd be happy if the Han didn't revolt every day!

It's a balance between spending money on clippers to get in the black, spending money on increasing manpower so I can run the army at 100 percent capacity and retake core territories and paying down debt. I am trying a couple of different approaches. Selling all my reserve resources seems to be the counterintuitive way to go. You would think I have no budget concerns with China. I'm trying to keep my manpower needs low (I have around 300 manpower), but my total army of 140 divisions is running at about 50 percent effective strength. And it's a waste to not run liberators at 100 percent size. So it's a balancing act. I'd like to see if I can run liberators only with my present manpower gains without having to increase my manpower through recruitment.

Every dollar I save in this war with the US is a dollar that I don't have to repay towards my debt.

Played and recorded. Couple more years in. Positive cashflow, and cashflow > debt payments. Still at war with the US, but I have retaken most of the confederacy west of the rockies. About to do my large invasion of the east. USA still has the advantage in terms of troops in this sector, but it is very close. . Still losing the war with Korea and the war with the US,

Last edited:
Act III: Numbers
Chapter 7: Chosen
Part I: Sometimes you hear the Bullet.

Lee3Csaar_zpsa0da1151.png

You have beaten me. Now I will fight for you!

CSAARLukeDuke_zpsecbdec30.png

Finally. That was brutal.

CSAARBoDuke_zpsd9aad127.png

With Lee and Miyagi, we're the Fantastic Four!

Don't say that. Stan Lee will sue us!

You did well, boys, but there is one more task remaining.

MASHcopter_zpsc8474f8d.png

Korea?

MASHcast_zps4530f0ab.png

You know what would be great, Trapper?

What's that, Hawkeye?

If this terrible war were to end and we could all go home.

But then there never would be a TV show, and we'd not all be rich and famous.

Yeah, who would want to watch a show about wisecracking doctors in the middle of a quick one-sided war where the Confederates dominate, come and pack up and leave before Christmas? Where's the pathos, the suffering?

You'd rather that Confederates die just so you can be rich and famous?

Isn't that the Imperial dream?

You're incorrigible, Hawkeye.

I'm in-something, alright, Margaret.

Flirt.

How does a MASH unit from the Imperial empire appear in Korea treating Confederate patients?

Geez, Radar. Nobody else asks these questions. Stop causing trouble.

Korea1_zpse423ed48.png

Last edited:
But. But. Imperial armies and occupation? Risky, much? :)

Eh, they were close by. I decided to pay them a visit since they are such lovely neighbors!

Yes.....conquer Korea, let the dark side of imperialism consume you....

Now we'll be able to travel from Kashgar to Ezochi and never leave the confederacy! :laugh:

Act III Numbers
Chapter 7: Chosen
Part II: The Yalu Brick Road

images

"Did you hear about the one where the evil dictator overran a helpless country but everyone loved him anyways?

"No, I didn't, how did it go?"

"Well after he walked in and took over everything, a few fussbudgets objected. Do you know what he told them?"

"No, what?"

"Korea me a river!"

"That was terrible. Why didn't you actually save that for Crimea. Then the pun would actually make sense."

"Everyone's a comedian."

mashwuab45.jpg

"That pun was so terrible, even the Koreans are surrendering!"

20130103001155_0.jpg

We have occupied Seoul, the capitol of Korea.

Seoulliberation_zps80ac24c5.png

hanbok.jpg

"Why is it all the ladies fall for you Hawkeye?"

"What can I say, I'm irresistible"

"That's not what the last one said!"

"Don't you have a patient to attend to?"

seoul_south_korea_372408.jpg

"Ahh, Korea. Wonderful country. Shame I couldn't stay longer."

mash.jpg

"If you love it so much you should marry it!"

aftermash_wetfeet.jpg

"I just might!"

KoreaAnnex_zps344050a9.png

GetFile.aspx

Will the Koreans help the Confederacy keep the Han in check? Have the Imperials successfully overran the Home Front? Will Ben Kenobi get his bathroom back today? Find out next on Deo Vindice a CSAAR!

Last edited:
The Yalu Brick Road. Korea me a river. Top notch.;)

Looks like you have done well, conquering Korea and pacifying Japan as well. What are your war goals going to be here? Colonise Korea? Get land in China?

I am really rather curious to see maps of what is happening on the home front though.

My war goals?

images

In case you missed it. I don't know if it was clear, but I annexed all of China. ;) I would have actually gone bankrupt otherwise, I was -1700 during the war earlier.

...In case you missed it. I don't know if it was clear, but I annexed all of China. ;) ...

Oh cr@p, yes I did overlook that. Sorry about that

I thought the mother of God pic conveyed my true feelings of that moment when that 'annex' button popped up. ;)

The lady is also wearing a wedding dress. China and I will have a blissfull future together once we settle in. :D

"Crimea a river" has actually been used before, in the mists of time (well, relative to the age of this forum, at least). But "Korea me a river" isn't a half-bad substitute. :)

You've taken care of Korea ("It was there" seems to be sufficient explanation), now let's see how the war against the Imperials fares.

Oh, and good luck with your bathroom. I don't know the details (and, given the fact that it concerns a bathroom, I don't want to know, either), but here's hoping for a speedy resolution.

Act III Numbers
Chapter 8: The Revenge of the Yanks
Part I: Where it All Began

"You'll Never Get Away with this!"

"You really think your friends will save you?"

leia-tarkin.png

Your arrogance is your weakness!

618_movies_star_wars_darth_vadar_leia.jpg

Your faith in your friends is yours!

hqdefault.jpg

I still don't understand why they haven't came to rescue me yet!

I toldya before. They ain't comin'! You'd best get used to it!

But the Dukes always come!

I won't ask how you know that...

You're disgusting! Why do they always pair the hot chick with the fat slob? It's seriously been done before! And better!

slaveleia_zpsb1d57ed7.png

Do I really have to wear this?

Yes, it helps for the morale of our troops!

breckinridgejc.jpg

"Well, they *are* overdue. I wonder what's keeping them?

The Imperials are overrunning the entire confederacy! They have already captured Richmond.

16-civil-war-richmond-1865-granger.jpg

Yes, we've already had to withdraw the Cabinet to Charleston, South Carolina. The armory is all prepared to withstand the coming siege.

CIVIL063.JPG

I don't understand why are we letting them range over the country? Why have we not deployed reserves?

We're not letting them *do* anything. We simply have far greater logistical concerns in the East trying to keep ahold of China. All our boats are trying desperately to ship food from the unoccupied portion of Japan to feed China before she starves. There are literally not enough boats in the world for us to do this even running the ones we have 24/7. What makes you think that we even have boats to ship our forces back here? We're on our own.

At the very least we should be calling up the reserves. That's what reserves are for.

Reserves are expensive. We must feed the Chinese people first. The imperials will have to wait! Also, do not forget they are interdicting all our shipments off the coast with their massive navy!

lukeunderattack_zps1a762fcf.png

This pilot is really persistant!

LukeSkywalkerYavin_zps89c2ffa7.png

I can't shake him!

Star-Wars-Wedge.jpg

I've got your back, Luke. Eyes up front!

hqdefault.jpg

It's all clear now, Luke!

aerial-fort-sumter.jpg

Fort Sumpter, South Carolina.

Charlestonsaved2_zps0ec2b70f.png

Charleston is Saved! And so is the Confederacy!

Last edited:
So if I follow the mashup of various pop culture references here, you managed to slip in a convoy with a whole host of reinforcements, and now you can finally start rolling back the Imperial advance? Good! I see Atlanta is unprotected in that last screenshot, so I'm a bit nervous about the whole 'Burning of Atlanta' thing right now. Hopefully you can prevent it, and instead put Washington DC to the torch. Or Philadelphia. Or New York. Or wherever the Imperials are currently headquartered.

So if I follow the mashup of various pop culture references here, you managed to slip in a convoy with a whole host of reinforcements, and now you can finally start rolling back the Imperial advance? Good! I see Atlanta is unprotected in that last screenshot, so I'm a bit nervous about the whole 'Burning of Atlanta' thing right now. Hopefully you can prevent it, and instead put Washington DC to the torch. Or Philadelphia. Or New York. Or wherever the Imperials are currently headquartered.

The American capital has been moved to New York City. Not that difficult to take. The hard part is getting ahead in the warscore since we're well below them. Most of the American navy is actually off of Buenos Aires. They did successfully block us, but I was able to clipper dodge. I have a very small, and while they are actually advanced (monitor class) Navy, I'm not going to waste it against the Americans. It's far more useful against unciv navies.

47 divisions. Including our 9 regulars vs about 80+ American infantry reserve divisions. Generals Longstreet, Stuart, Hill, Hood and Kirby Smith as Brigidier Generals.

We have fewer men and worse quality of troops, but we are consolidated, faster and have better leadership. 50 total in the theatre, we have three guarding the pass in the Sierra Nevadas.

25 divisions are in Korea, 5 in Japan. We have 140 total, so I've got 65 divisions still in China. We're really stretched thin, but this should be the very last war where we will be at a local numerical disadvantage. Still a very tough war to fight against a strong, technologically advanced enemy on home territory.

First goal is to retake Richmond. That's killing our budget right now. Once we retake Richmond, our financial problems will be over.

Last edited:
Dat Leia.

Also, good save!:blush: