• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This sounded a bit like one of those TV infomercials: "But wait! There's more! Order now and you'll receive a second set of Santoku knives FREE OF CHARGE!" :p

Britain is expecting to be the primary target. They want us to throw all our troops there and to leave Russia alone. Even if we occupy all of India, Britain will not surrender. A defeat on the steppes will utterly cripple Russia.

Now, not to rain on your carefully plotted scheme to really kickstart the world conquest part of this AAR, but that sounds a lot like the excuses Hitler made for invading the Soviet Union in favor of finishing off Britain first... ;)

He's crazy. Crazy I tell you! And perhaps it just might work.:p
I think you're looking for "That's so crazy, it might just work!". :)

Well, Obi-Wan, if you haven't played out this part of the game just yet, I foresee a lot of micromanagement in your near future. Good luck coping with all the clicking.

if you haven't played out this part of the game just yet, I foresee a lot of micromanagement in your near future. Good luck coping with all the clicking.

Actually, micromanagement has declined tremendously since China no longer revolts every turn. ;)

but that sounds a lot like the excuses Hitler made for invading the Soviet Union in favor of finishing off Britain first

Oddly enough we both use the similar shade of Gray. But unlike those color thieves - we started using gray first.

Last edited:
Act V: Leviticus
Chapter 6: The Fall of the Shah
Part 4: Not Amused.

40fa739fd70bd7243dac2c4364694f4e.jpg

Madam Jane?

640px-Jane_Loftus%2C_Marchioness_of_Ely.jpg

What is this I read in this morning's paper?

victoria3f-1-web.jpg

Oh. Madam Victoria.

Is that old fool Gladstone pontificating again? After that last speech I'm surprised he shows his face in public.

I must say it has been amusing watching him squirm. His distasteful speech in support of the American Confederacy? Claiming they were no threat to the Empire? Now this! Palmerston's trap finally sprung. They have taken the bait and decided to take Persia!

Madam Victoria... You mean you wanted war!

I've wanted war for a long time. For too long we've sat and pondered while the confederacy expanded. Now we can finally check them. Gladstone's government will surely fall.

Madam Victoria... Gladstone has denounced action. He says that there's no gain to waste British lives on the desert sands of Persia and that the Russians will be sufficient. He also states that to side with Russians will have detrimental effects on British gains. The Russians are not our friends. To ally with our longest standing enemies...

Oh? What would that old fool prefer? France! Never! The Confederacy will rue the day that they decided to tangle with us. The mightiest Empire in the world. The Largest empire... on which the sun never sets.

But Gladstone...

Forget Gladstone. I will write my instructions to Spencer Cavendish... He will surely see things my way.

Ma'am, there's a letter here from Cavendish... He remarks that he cannot oppose Gladstone and that the war will not be undertaken.

Victoria...

Is not amused.

There is one more option. Summon the office of the foreign secretary.

But Granville will never agree.

Who's talking about Granville? I have someone else in mind.

jamesbond-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Love that pic of Mr. Bond. James Bond.:cool:

007 FTW! Whom else can you possibly add? :p

Part 5: A Spectre rises in the east.

Hey Luke, whatcha watching?

Oh, Bo. It's Reagan making another speech.

Is it a good one?

politics-bracket-reagan-622x415.jpg

My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation outlawing Russia forever.

48f210644c63e.jpg

And why again have you come to me?

640px-Alexander_Mikhailovich_Gorchakov.jpg

We're in trouble, Gospodin.

Ahh. And you seek SPECTRE to save you from the deluge.

Yes, Gospodin.

Never fear. You may contact your master Tsar Alexander. I have some secret weapons that we can deploy to drive the evil confederates out of your land. For entirely reasonable prices.

We are much in your debt.

StarTrekIV06.jpg

Scotty, are you certain that we're in the wrong time?

Oh - yes, sir. Yes we are.

Mr. Spock, do you have an explanation?

We are over 100 years further in the past than we intended. Fortunately, we have enough power to make one more jump.

Why were your calculations off? Why are we in 19th century Russia?

Couldn't we simply rescue a whale from here?

The problem, McCoy is that we wouldn't have the fuel to power a jump home. We will have to make a choice.

So you're saying we need a nuclear Wessel?

Yes, Ensign Chekhov.

We must leave before someone sees us.

Oh, what a loss. If only we could find a nuclear Wessel here - we could explore mother Russia...

Last edited:
Wessel, in Russia? Tordenskjold is found in Norway, man.:p

Wessel, in Russia? Tordenskjold is found in Norway, man.:p

Yes, an impressive Wessel that is (there is also Wessel van Diepen, Dutch DJ and alleged 'mastermind' behind popular 1990s Euro band Venga Boys, but that's neither here nor there). However, crucially, it's not a nuclear Wessel. :p

Outlawing Russia forever? I'm pretty sure there are some people in this country that wouldn't mind doing that! :p

Part 6: Bangers and Mash

Coffee-House1.jpg

So.. Tell me more about yourself, Mr. Bond.

rogermoore_dining360x360.jpg

Ahh. Thank you. It can be so hit and miss finding these Cubans... Thanks for the light, please excuse us.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi.jpg

I didn't even know they had Cubans now.

Oh, absolutely. You really should try one. Your confederacy has completely cornered the Tobacco market. Even the Principe de Gales has left Havana for better grounds in Florida.

Wouldn't they be Floridans?

07.jpg

You said you know who we are and why we are here. I'm curious as to how much you really know.

Enough that you're not from here.

Well of course. We're not exactly Persian.

No. I meant here here. As in not being a subject of the Queen. Or from the 19th century?

Wow. was the laser sword a giveaway?

Persian-Musicians.jpg

Look, I'm not here for pleasantries. You were sent back in time to protect the rebellion from being crushed by outside forces. That much is obvious. Outside forces that have been meddling with the timeline to create their preferred reality. Unfortunately...

What's that.

You've altered the timeline enough that the Confederacy not only was not crushed but is dominating the planet. That has attracted the attention of others - who seek to restore the previous timeline.

The one in which the rebels surrendered at Appotomattox? Why would they be here? If they wanted to fix the timeline - they'd go back then - not now.

Ahh. the game's afoot. You've inspired others. Rather than simply changing the timeline back - they've sought to redress old scores and grievances.

Which brings us to you, Mr. Bond. Who are you working for?

That would be telling. Suffice to say your skills are required. Much more is at stake than merely a few quibbles in the timeline.

Oh?

Yes - it seems that our friends the Russians have located a secret base here in Persia, for the distribution of weapons... Weapons that do not belong in this time period. Your Rebel armies are walking into a trap. You are the flies to the flypaper.

bike2iran_297-27-9-near-yazd-tower-of-silence.jpg

This is bad - with the war and the troops pouring over the borders, unopposed.

So you see the situation.

What about the Shah?

What about him?

The republican rebels I understand. Is the Shah working with the Russians?

The Shah wants control of the weapons for himself. He sees the Russians as a bitter necessity to hold the throne You confederates left him no choice with an invasion far too powerful for him to withstand. He was forced to call in all his allies.

But you don't work for us. Who do you work for that would seek to fix things?

It's a catastrophe to everyone should these weapons be used. We must nip them in the bud. Should they be invented here... I shudder to think of the consequences. Surely you can see the import for all.

PDVD_178.jpg

You didn't answer the question. How do you know you aren't setting us up to deliver us to the Russians? For a price?

Ahh. Every man has his price. Shall I bring up your boyfriend?

He is NOT my boyfriend.

Mr. Carbonite hasn't been exactly secretive as to your plans. Perhaps the Russians could use them? Troop dispositions?

That's blackmail.

Such a dirty word. I prefer to call it.. motivation. We don't have much time and I need your absolute discretion and co-operation. We are dealing with people who will not hesitate to kill us should they believe that it would suit their cause in the slightest.

You'll have to tell me where you got these scones! They are quite delicious.

Ben_Kenobi.jpg

It seems we have a volunteer!

Last edited:
On a completely unrelated side note, I find Roger Moore to be an underrated Bond, but that's just me...

On a completely unrelated side note, I find Roger Moore to be an underrated Bond, but that's just me...

Them's fighting words... Put up yer dukes!

Nah, I guess it really depends on what you want from James Bond. I'll concede he's good for a nice (bad) pun, a light touch, more of a carefree adventure-type movie. Nothing wrong with that, just not what I prefer.

Anyway...

The plot thickens! How much else does Her Majesty, or Her Majesty's Secret Service, know about the Confederacy and its cohort of time-travelling/transdimensional comrades? Perhaps an accomodation can be reached, the forces of good joining against the ne'er-do-well Russians?

Must say I question Kenobi's taste. Scones and Cuban cigars sounds pizza and whipped cream: delicious individually, but a poor combination. :p

The plot thickens! How much else does Her Majesty, or Her Majesty's Secret Service, know about the Confederacy and its cohort of time-travelling/transdimensional comrades? Perhaps an accomodation can be reached, the forces of good joining against the ne'er-do-well Russians?

Who says her Majesty is on the side of the Angels?

I can look at the face of young miss Leia forever.:D That character has always had a special place in my heart.:p