• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Urzhail64

Lt. General
44 Badges
Dec 1, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
Recently in a game where I was playing the Doukessa of Epirus (weak claim to the Byzantine Empire) and the current Basileus is her ex-lover (and his heir is their son) A civil war breaks out between a good part of the Empire and the Basileus and being the good citizen she is, Doukessa Eurydike supports the Basileus. She's leading an army against those darn rebels..and BAM..the next thing she realizes she's imprisoned. And with pretty much her entire court and most of her subjects. And a ton of other Byzantine notables and their courts, families etc.

That was definitely a huge WTF moment. I was playing PB and VIET mods with that one and was going from a 867 start date. It occured in the 900's or so.

The Basileus picked up the Cruel trait event went as far as to torture poor Eurydike, relieving her of a hand (maimed trait). He refused to release her so the Basileus' liquidation was arranged (succeeded) And guess what HER OWN SON WON'T RELEASE HER EITHER !
In a fit of filicide, Eurydike arranges her own son's murder too. Which succeeds too. (he also picked up after Dad..acquiring the Cruel trait too) Seeing that she was about third in line for the throne and wasn't being released by her own son's half-sibiings ahead of her in the line of successions, more murders are arranged.

So here we are. Eurydike the One handed, Basilessa of the Byzantine Empire. No thanks to an ungrateful and quite dead lover and equally as ungrateful and quite dead son by her dead lover.

The most annoying thing ? having to manually release EACH of the 170+ prisoners..I didn't see a Release All option for them. Grr !

Recently in a game where I was playing the Doukessa of Epirus (weak claim to the Byzantine Empire) and the current Basileus is her ex-lover (and his heir is their son) A civil war breaks out between a good part of the Empire and the Basileus and being the good citizen she is, Doukessa Eurydike supports the Basileus. She's leading an army against those darn rebels..and BAM..the next thing she realizes she's imprisoned. And with pretty much her entire court and most of her subjects. And a ton of other Byzantine notables and their courts, families etc.

That was definitely a huge WTF moment. I was playing PB and VIET mods with that one and was going from a 867 start date. It occured in the 900's or so.

The Basileus picked up the Cruel trait event went as far as to torture poor Eurydike, relieving her of a hand (maimed trait). He refused to release her so the Basileus' liquidation was arranged (succeeded) And guess what HER OWN SON WON'T RELEASE HER EITHER !
In a fit of filicide, Eurydike arranges her own son's murder too. Which succeeds too. (he also picked up after Dad..acquiring the Cruel trait too) Seeing that she was about third in line for the throne and wasn't being released by her own son's half-sibiings ahead of her in the line of successions, more murders are arranged.

So here we are. Eurydike the One handed, Basilessa of the Byzantine Empire. No thanks to an ungrateful and quite dead lover and equally as ungrateful and quite dead son by her dead lover.

The most annoying thing ? having to manually release EACH of the 170+ prisoners..I didn't see a Release All option for them. Grr !

Happened to me too. I think it's the "Demand Prisoners" intrigue menu action - when I tried that as Antioch, I imprisoned all my vassals + their courts by that one decision.

Does this look like a bug report ? Reading comphrension is your friend.

I was merely making an observation on a particularly absurd (and in a way hilarious in a very black humor way) situation.

Happily my Doukessa was not blinded. There was at least a *sliver* of filial devotion left in her cruel Basileus son. And in her dead ex-lover, father of her Basileus son too. Both kept her imprisoned but it was the ex-lover who took his pound of flesh so to speak.