• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fryslan0109

Lt. General
92 Badges
Jun 16, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Prison Architect
Hey Paradox! Why don't you tie city graphics to province culture as was the case in CK2?

Not only does it present more information to the player (who would no longer have to go to the cultural map to confirm that Athens has indeed become Turkish), but it would be more immersive and realistic. The idea of massive cities suddenly changing appearance after conquest by another faction is very ridiculous.

Also, given that this features in CK2, it seems very doable.

So absolutely no one agrees (or disagrees) with this?

. . .

Paradox really needs a suggestion thread for such things...

Five hours, dude :)

I do agree however. I didn't even realize this wasn't so already.

Hey Paradox! Why don't you tie city graphics to province culture as was the case in CK2?

Not only does it present more information to the player (who would no longer have to go to the cultural map to confirm that Athens has indeed become Turkish), but it would be more immersive and realistic. The idea of massive cities suddenly changing appearance after conquest by another faction is very ridiculous.

Also, given that this features in CK2, it seems very doable.

Indeed, that is very sensible!

Five hours, dude :)

I do agree however. I didn't even realize this wasn't so already.

Hehe, yeah... I might have jumped the gun a little, but I'm conscious of the fact that I don't ever really travel beyond the first page to look for new threads XD

Glad to see some people agree though - I was somewhat surprised when I realized it wasn't in already - mainly from noticing Greece covered in cities that look like they belong in a desert...

i think city view is more connected to country technology.... but then again if the OE conquers its way through europe all cities change suddenly changes to muslim technology? ...i think such a discussion cant really ever get settled

I'll play along with the general idea, but apropos the OE, I'm getting a little tired of mud adobe buildings.

I'll play along with the general idea, but apropos the OE, I'm getting a little tired of mud adobe buildings.

I know right! I myself would prefer something along the lines of the Turkish culture graphic from the CK2 culturally diverse cities mod... a bit more grey and a lot less tan.

i think city view is more connected to country technology.... but then again if the OE conquers its way through europe all cities change suddenly changes to muslim technology? ...i think such a discussion cant really ever get settled

I was referring more to the appearance of the cities on the actual map... I honestly don't mind so much the building interface if that's what you're thinking...

Come to think of it, more variety in city appearance (related to culture) would make for a nice DLC in my book... but then again, I am a sucker for the cosmetic ones...