+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: City graphics

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Suggestion: City graphics

Hey Paradox! Why don't you tie city graphics to province culture as was the case in CK2?

Not only does it present more information to the player (who would no longer have to go to the cultural map to confirm that Athens has indeed become Turkish), but it would be more immersive and realistic. The idea of massive cities suddenly changing appearance after conquest by another faction is very ridiculous.

Also, given that this features in CK2, it seems very doable.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

-Abdul al-Hazred

Founder and Project Leader, Armstrong Reality Project

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

So absolutely no one agrees (or disagrees) with this?

. . .

Paradox really needs a suggestion thread for such things...

-Abdul al-Hazred

Crusader Kings II500k clubEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Five hours, dude

I do agree however. I didn't even realize this wasn't so already.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”
    - Hitchens

Although I would go to the cultural map nonetheless, I support this change (I also thought it is in already).

Quote Originally Posted by Fryslan0109 View Post
    Hey Paradox! Why don't you tie city graphics to province culture as was the case in CK2?

Not only does it present more information to the player (who would no longer have to go to the cultural map to confirm that Athens has indeed become Turkish), but it would be more immersive and realistic. The idea of massive cities suddenly changing appearance after conquest by another faction is very ridiculous.

Also, given that this features in CK2, it seems very doable.
    Indeed, that is very sensible!

I also think this is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Phibs View Post
    Five hours, dude

I do agree however. I didn't even realize this wasn't so already.
    Hehe, yeah... I might have jumped the gun a little, but I'm conscious of the fact that I don't ever really travel beyond the first page to look for new threads XD

Glad to see some people agree though - I was somewhat surprised when I realized it wasn't in already - mainly from noticing Greece covered in cities that look like they belong in a desert...

-Abdul al-Hazred

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

i think city view is more connected to country technology.... but then again if the OE conquers its way through europe all cities change suddenly changes to muslim technology? ...i think such a discussion cant really ever get settled
    Dacia is my mother and the name of my car.

Crusader for True Inflation Emre Yigit's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

I'll play along with the general idea, but apropos the OE, I'm getting a little tired of mud adobe buildings.
    To every man upon this earth / Death cometh soon or late. / And how can man die better / Than facing fearful odds, / For the ashes of his fathers / And the temples of his gods...?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Emre Yigit View Post
    I'll play along with the general idea, but apropos the OE, I'm getting a little tired of mud adobe buildings.
    haha you should play the tribes no matter the technology all buildings are straw tents
    Dacia is my mother and the name of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Emre Yigit View Post
    I know right! I myself would prefer something along the lines of the Turkish culture graphic from the CK2 culturally diverse cities mod... a bit more grey and a lot less tan.

Quote Originally Posted by americanu197 View Post
    i think city view is more connected to country technology.... but then again if the OE conquers its way through europe all cities change suddenly changes to muslim technology? ...i think such a discussion cant really ever get settled
    I was referring more to the appearance of the cities on the actual map... I honestly don't mind so much the building interface if that's what you're thinking...

Come to think of it, more variety in city appearance (related to culture) would make for a nice DLC in my book... but then again, I am a sucker for the cosmetic ones...

-Abdul al-Hazred

+ Reply to Thread