• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ohramies

Major
65 Badges
May 3, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Edit: Kickstarter project didn't work out so they're going edited: google Indiegogo route instead. Search for "ground pounders". Yes, it's flexfunding which means they get your money even if nobody else contributes but the cut-off point is the 20k they got from kickstarter and it already got 12k. Contribute if you love the painstacking work Kerberos has done over the years of fixing up the pile the dog barfed up over the years.

It's not a sequel/add-on but *link removed*. Maybe they spend some of that cash to fix SOTS2 issues too.

No flex-funding weaseling this time around, if it gets insufficient support, kerberos gets nothing.

Ground pounders is a panzer general -like easy-to-approach hex-based strategy game. Make things go boom on ground instead of in space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. No thanks. Seems like Kerberos is just milking the SOTS name for all its worth before it fades away. SOTS: The Pit was...quite self descriptive.

Hm. No thanks. Seems like Kerberos is just milking the SOTS name for all its worth before it fades away. SOTS: The Pit was...quite self descriptive.

Didnt like it?

I disagree. Its infuriatingly difficult, unfair at times, but really addictive. Im also waiting for the Ground Pounders. I dont mind them making additional games on the same universe. Just wish they look to return to SotS2 and fix or rewrite a few things that need some refinement. And of course add a DLC or two to make the game better.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm a little disappointed as well. One reason I bought The Pit was to help them make a "real" SOTS game after that.

I'm a little disappointed as well. One reason I bought The Pit was to help them make a "real" SOTS game after that.

Maybe they are using these smaller projects to raise the capital or part of for a followup? Maybe they are taking a break from working on another 4x game. I wouldnt blame the developers for wanting to hone their skills in other areas of games, design & coding.

Maybe they are using these smaller projects to raise the capital or part of for a followup? Maybe they are taking a break from working on another 4x game. I wouldnt blame the developers for wanting to hone their skills in other areas of games, design & coding.

As far as I know, these "small" games are now Kerberos bread and butter. They receive no money for SOTS2 sales while The Pit generates direct revenue for every sale. Same story for GroPos. Ddub who gets pizza and coke will code patches to SOTS2 as well, ddub looking for a new job will not. Due to IP issues, Kerb cannot make a SOTS2 DLC unless Paradox commissions it. So complaining Kerb is not working directly on SOTS2 add-ons is rather unfair.

Personally I feel the Pit is too random to my preferences, in Nethack skill and knowledge plays much bigger role. In the Pit it's almost entirely down to if you luck out on finding enough food from the freezers and/or decent armor. Then again, Nethack has been balanced forever so ..

Kickstarter is on it's last days now, so dig out those credit cards. Too bad the additional rewards are a bit meh, I don't really want a $35 dice or $50 badge. I'm finding it a bit hard justifying it to myself if I up my pledge.. Then again I have almost 300 hrs on SOTS2 accumulated, so.

So complaining Kerb is not working directly on SOTS2 add-ons is rather unfair.

Personally I feel the Pit is too random to my preferences, in Nethack skill and knowledge plays much bigger role. In the Pit it's almost entirely down to if you luck out on finding enough food from the freezers and/or decent armor. Then again, Nethack has been balanced forever so ..

Kickstarter is on it's last days now, so dig out those credit cards. Too bad the additional rewards are a bit meh, I don't really want a $35 dice or $50 badge. I'm finding it a bit hard justifying it to myself if I up my pledge.. Then again I have almost 300 hrs on SOTS2 accumulated, so.

I wasnt complaining. Just stating a point of view.

I brought the Pit on sale and its been well worth the money. Though it was a surprise tbh. Ill buy the DLC at full price when Ive had enough of the base game.
Im also looking forward to GP as Panzer General++ in SotS would be a perfect blend for me. Though I wont back kickstarters I will buy the game on release and maybe pre-order or early access if thats an option.

I wasnt complaining. Just stating a point of view.

Some other people were happy to help on the complaints front for you..

I have to agree with you, GroPos has potential to be more interesting than "roguelike with lazers". Albeit the genre is pretty well exploited. I even have some titles in steam bargain backlog I never got around to checking properly.

Some other people were happy to help on the complaints front for you..

I have to agree with you, GroPos has potential to be more interesting than "roguelike with lazers". Albeit the genre is pretty well exploited. I even have some titles in steam bargain backlog I never got around to checking properly.

haha... yes! :D

Who doesnt have bargain titles in Steam backlog isnt a real gamer! ;)

Though I still have The Pitt installed. Taking a break after 50hrs of play as its got on my wick... still only completed it once on Easy with the Marine! :D
I guess maybe I should just get the DLC and use its advanced features...

Kickstarter only got funded about 50%. Kerb is planning to redeploy with a reduced budget and flexfunding campaign as far as I understand. I'm a bit ambivalent about the flexfunding business. With the pit it was implied the game will be launched anyways so it was more of a preorder without guarantees.

I think Kerberos has just too damn much name/google recognition to make it in the beauty/popularity contest like kickstarter. Having additional solid releases under their belt definitely helps.

I wonder if they've considered FTL / Star Command like game.

They're up in *Removed link*(Google indiegogo) Updated the 1st post accordingly.

You may not like Mecron but Kerb is showing some crazy work ethics fixing bugs on 2 year old bomb they're not getting any money whatsoever on anymore.

Logically they should've called it quits and started over with a new company but they, at least they stick to their guns. Or cubicles.

Last edited by a moderator: