• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

slugo

Colonel
35 Badges
Aug 29, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
well, the end goal of course is to form greater germany. so around 1850ish i grabbed a-l from france and humiliated prussia. but oops, that didn't knock prussia from gp status. it's now 1975 and france tries to take it back every 5 years, to thr point where i mobilised right before my last truce expired, and that has kept them from attacking the last 3 years. also, bavaria has now become a gp, and i keep hoping to get a good crisis war(they are my ally) to knock them down, but no go.
and now, there are a constant firing of raise crisis events for all my independence movements, and i ran out of suppresion points.
amd of course, my industry is just lagging behind
so a couple of questions

why do those events keep firing on me, is there anything i can do to stop them?
is there any advice on what steps to take to realize my dream of united germany?

Well since no one will give you tips, I´ll help (through I´m busy with EU 4 nowadays :) )

Only real way of dropping Prússia from GP is starting early. Allying with France you can get Schlesien before 1840 specially if Prússia allies with Netherlands and they do the herpy derpy Restoration of order on Belgium.

You WILL be forced to make Prússia release Poland as it´s the only realistic way of crippling them fast, now that there is no free Acquire State CB. Unless you don´t spend infamy on nothing else and in every war you get 2 states.

BUT, if you move too fast, surprise surprise - crisis.

Humiliating them only works temporarily and only if they are near dropping out of Great Power anyway. Occupying them for a long time so their industry bankrupts can work, especially if they fall to a rebellion with does a lot of prestige damage too. Cutting them down to size can knock them out of Great Power for a while if they are near dropping out.

Most of these things are temporary, but taking important states and reducing prestige seems best long term, and then if you can do enough damage in one war you can knock them out long enough to sphere them if everything else is set up.

But as Beaga said, you might have to force Prussia to release Poland. You can probably reabsorb them eventually though.

To save on infamy, consider forcing Prussia to release all of the western countries like the Rhineland and etc, and occupy them until they are overflowing with warexhaustion and cut them down to size if you can. That should give them something to think about other than Great Power shennanigans.

Your number 1 goal at the start as a game as Austria is to ally with France. Hang on to Saxony for dear life so Prussia can't form the NGF. Taking Schlesien and Nordrhein in one war would deal a blow to Prussia they could never recover from. You'll have to go to war for more after that but it should be down hill. Ideally the last war you should destroy their entire army and add cut them down to size wargoal. Once they are knocked out of GP status break your alliance with France and grab A-L before they can find a new ally.

There is also the problem of getting all Prussian spherelings. That alone might be a good reason to try to hold out until later and do Hegemony war.