• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have no idea what these new "features" that are mentioned means... But as a GG-player, I don't need to care it seems... Just don't understand why all of a sudden GG-players should miss out on something.
Why can it not be implemented in GG? :(

why all of a sudden GG-players should miss out on something.

Presumably because 1) Paradox doesn't want to run its own achievement tracking/display servers, and 2) they don't want to run cloud-save servers.

(If ironman saves are stored locally, you can still back them up or edit them outside of the game. Like in EU 4, they're likely to enforce the "no saving" restriction of Ironman by placing the saves on Steam servers. This would be rather costly if they had to provide this storage service themselves.)

The thing that will change for GG players, I expect, is that if you post a screenshot from a GG version after this, there will be people who will doubt your honesty about not save-scumming.

I have no idea what these new "features" that are mentioned means... But as a GG-player, I don't need to care it seems... Just don't understand why all of a sudden GG-players should miss out on something.
because they rely on Steam-only features? namely cloud-saving and achievement are features that steam provide with their client.
GG is a download only service (which is exactly what you wanted when you bought it in GG anyway), so asking for steam-client features on GG is like asking for sugar when you specifically ordered and drink your coffee black because you dislike sweet drinks - it just doesn't make sense

GG is a download only service (which is exactly what you wanted when you bought it in GG anyway), so asking for steam-client features on GG is like asking for sugar when you specifically ordered and drink your coffee black because you dislike sweet drinks - it just doesn't make sense

*slow clap*

Naturally, as it's only been decided over a year after CK2's release. Paradox themselves didn't know it at CK2 release time.

Also, you haven't got "substantially less features" than you paid for. You've failed to gain an unexpected benefit, true, but you've actually lost nothing. Presumably you chose GG over Steam for some reason that rewarded you at the time, so that's been your benefit.
Yes and paradox could've just not patched ck2 at all. Doesn't change the fact that that's not what they said they'd do. I'm sure I'd be able to find quotes about ck2 at release about how the gg version is like the steam version but the way dlcs are activated is different. Now it no longer is so I'm pissed off.

You are seriously expecting Paradox to not use (free) features provided by Steam, simply because GG has no equivalent? Maybe you should post your complaints on the GG boards?

If GG shuts down and you can no longer access your games there, do you also expect Paradox to delete their games from Steam?

Because PI uses features that Steam offers to create these new features. GG doesn't offer such features (it only offers retailing and downloads) so PI would need to make an entire system from scratch which, seeing as Steam has most of that done, would be a waste of resources. This is one of reasons why so many Developers like Steam in teh first place: it makes their job easier.

because they rely on Steam-only features? namely cloud-saving and achievement are features that steam provide with their client.

I'm one of the few GG customers, and I approve of this message. It's a good description. :happy:

Then again, I somehow ended up with an extra CK2 copy on Steam from the EUIV preorder, after also getting a copy on GG that I gave away.... :wacko:

If switching over to Steam now didn't mean having to waste somewhere around $100 on DLC I've already bought then this is probably something I'd consider moving over to Steam for. However, since that is what it means then this kinda just feels like someone is pissing in my Cheerios ... or someone is giving out Cheerios to everyone but me, but with no piss involved.
Cheerios.

Last edited:
But mods shouldn't be forced to close down their existing forums. Without proper mod sub forums for popular mods this is pretty essential for the bigger mods.

what stops us from using the forums? Shogun 2's Darthmod had a forum version(substantially bigger) and a workshop version. I think we can all stay here on the forums for mods. just have workshop up as well, many modders use reddit but we don't all leave the user mods section to go over to reddit :)

Wow, this is so... meh. Achievements mean nothing to me, I have no idea how to use the workshop and I don't need Steam cloud. I wonder about the 2.0 version number. Some big changes to core systems? Naval combat?

what stops us from using the forums? Shogun 2's Darthmod had a forum version(substantially bigger) and a workshop version. I think we can all stay here on the forums for mods. just have workshop up as well, many modders use reddit but we don't all leave the user mods section to go over to reddit :)

Eh... But if some mods move to the workshop... I can't play them, because I have the game on gamersgate. And I don't want to rebuy every DLC and the whole game.