• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kevindrosario

Colonel
56 Badges
Nov 30, 2012
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • March of the Eagles
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Ancient Space
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Semper Fi
I'm playing as the HRE and my vassal's vassal's vassal imprisoned my daughter. Is there any way for me to bail her out? Whether through money or executions or anything else?

You could gift her the money and hope she does it herself?

Why don't we have a plot for this? You could do it in Sengoku. That, along with exchanging hostages could make the game more interesting.

Whose court was your daughter a member of? I think that in case of landless characters only the person whose court they are a member of can ransom them.
Why don't we have a plot for this? You could do it in Sengoku. That, along with exchanging hostages could make the game more interesting.
Yeah, we could really use more varied plots right now. Once they removed what is now a faction system all that remained was murders and fabricating claims.

Whose court was your daughter a member of? I think that in case of landless characters only the person whose court they are a member of can ransom them.

Yeah, we could really use more varied plots right now. Once they removed what is now a faction system all that remained was murders and fabricating claims.

Well, you can also get revoke title plots on counts who are within your de jure duchies, which can be useful, but it'd be nice if you could plot title revocations on any of your vassals.

If you go to the daughter's profile page, whoever shows as her liege is the one that can (or should be able to) ransom her.

Depending on how cheaty you feel, you could gift the liege some money, play as the liege and ransom her and then switch back. Or if you are feeling really cheaty you can swap to the person who has her locked up and just release her.

Or you could let her rot.

If someone is landed, they can only ransom themselves. If someone is not unlanded (i assume this is the case) and is not your immediate courtier, their immediate liege can ransom them. Unfortunately, their immediate liege may not *care* about them to ransom them, no matter if they have the money for ransom or not. If you don't mind a gamey tactic, you can always load as the person who is holding your daughter prisoner and try to ransom: you don't have to go through with it, but you can easily see the immediate liege to your daughter will pay for her release, or just doesn't care; you can then load back as yourself and act accordingly.

Another option is to revoke that vassal. Once he's revoked all his prisoners will be released. Because he's two levels away from you this is very awkward to do.

I think you can also extinguish his dynasty (although I've never tried this). If you wipe his family out, I believe his prisoners also are released.

If you just kill the vassal himself, if your daughter doesn't have a claim to his land, the successor tends to be more lenient and may eventually release the prisoner. However this is kind of random chance.

Or if you are feeling really cheaty you can swap to the person who has her locked up and just release her.

Ah, that's a very good idea. I think I'll do that since there really should be some sort of mechanic for me to ransom her anyway. And then maybe deposit 10 gold in his treasury and remove 10 gold from my own with the console to account for the ransom money. And then of course switch back to my emperor and excommunicate, imprison, and execute him for imprisoning her.