• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Adventurers seem to be a little too common. At least for my comfort. I doubled the MTTH, and am quite happy with the result. I want adventurers to provide flavour, not determine the course of the game.
THIS. It should be a BIG DEAL if someone happens to go and batter a new realm into existence. As it is you just end up getting trolled and what could be otherwise stable AI realms get torn apart by random 30k invasions.

I like the landless adventurers. I've switched over and played a few adventurers. Seeing if I could succeed on his initial target and then seeing if I can survive, as many of them pick some random target in the middle of hostile territory.

But if I see one preparing to come after one of my titles, usually an assassin is immediately dispatched.

I've seen a landless adventurer conquer the HRE. Shortly followed by 70% of the HRE breaking away.

Hell, while we are at it, really cut down on the revolts. Every batch of pissant farmers doesn't need to suddenly come bearing a full army with cavalry and just enough troops for the local lords to deal with (you know, the whole point of having vassals in the first place?). And after a certain number of liberation attempts, there's got to be a paucity of rebellious nobles left. I swear Egypt is approaching its 50th liberation attempt, and its not like any of them ever stood a chance.

During my last gameplay session, my High Queen's younger sister who happens to be married to the Karling King of East Francia (Germany) decides that she wanted to be High Queen (Empress) of Mig. My guess is that she's ill with some disease called "Fredo Carleone's Disorder". Well anyway my ruler raised every levy in the empire, plus hired some Turkish and Nubian mercenaries for backup. Like an idiot, my ruler's sister didn't commit her entire host into battle, but landed them piecemeal onto the coast (Her martial skill is 0, while my ruler's is at least 10+, is skilled tactician and is personally leading the main imperial troops herself). After have having her troops slaughtered in three battles, younger sister is now locked up in my High Queen's jail. I'll probably have her die in jail so that way, my own hand's are kept clean.

My favorite is my latest game as a republic. Managed to do very well for myself regarding actually having a large number of sons to go run my trade posts. However, they were clearly bored waiting for me to die, so my second son started an adventure for the remnants of the Republic of Amalfi (which, mind you, wasn't all that much, since I already conquered Amalfi itself, and it was reduced to one city in Sardinia). My third son thought that was a great idea, and also decided to start his own adventure.

I decided they were being fools, and didn't answer their requests for help. So, despite having these hosts, they both managed to not win their respective wars. And the oldest even managed to get himself capture and castrated. By a republic with three trade posts and not even a full county to its name. Pretty sad.