• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Latvian

Captain
3 Badges
Apr 19, 2011
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
14vqm8g.jpg

Start Date: 1st January, 2003
Mod: Modern Day Mod
Style: Mixture of every style

Credit goes to Gen. Marshall for making the awesome banner!
12 years ago, we finally got our freedom from the Soviet Union. However, a large percentage (25%) of the population is Russian. They came here, searching for a better life in the Soviet years. Same thing in Estonia, Russians are a big minority there. As for Lithuania, they don't have too much foreigners living there - 6% are Polish, and 5% are Russians.

A lot of Latvian and Estonian people have the so-called ''Russophobia''. I don't blame them, bad things have happened in history, but these are new times. We have new enemies, which is absolutely not Russia.

I've sent skilled diplomats to align ourselves to the Russians, with a hope that one day, we can put our differences away, and become allies.

icqzci.jpg

The Russian embassy in Riga.

My first task as the leader of Latvia, is to talk the Estonians into an union with the Latvians. Just like in the Livonian times, Estonian language will be recognized, and the Estonian people will be treated equal to the Latvian people.
The president of Estonia has received my letter of conditions for the union.
''The unions capital will be Riga, simply because it's bigger than Tallinn. Latvian and Estonian language can both be used everywhere, and anytime. Estonian politicians are allowed into the unions government. This is not an occupation!''

The reply to that, was that it totally depends on the Estonian population, whether they want to join with Latvia, or not. The voting for the union will take place on 29th of January.

1440cvt.png

I predict, that Estonia will vote positively, but there are still going to be some small scale riots, so I order the mobilization of our Army, to be ready for everything.

2ntiljb.jpg

Ready to take enemies of the state down, sir!

2lvbl6o.jpg

Our troops, 10 hours before the voting for the union ends. Ready to put down the riots. It is predicted that Tartu and Tallinn will have a lot of Russian speaking rebels. The reason for that is, that Russian community feels threatened, as they won't be the largest minority in the country anymore, and chances to make Russian language as an official language will be less than ever.

As is customary I will follow the banner to battle :D

Shall you be forming a modern-day Baltic Union?

I'll try to ally with Russia, and with their help, have the Baltic Sea (so maybe, conquests of Finland, Sweden will take place) :)

Why not :D

f00rp5.jpg

As planned, Estonians agreed to join the Union. But, there were a lot of members from Russian Mafia, who started rioting in Tallinn, and I ordered Military intervention in the riots, to protect our new citizens.
About 1500 armed rioters were looting shops, and vandalizing the beautiful city. Our military, with the help of Estonian police, started an operation to end the riots, which ended up as a pretty bloody riot.

2hyv2uo.jpg

Sadly, 65 deaths. Each one of them deserves State funeral, to thank them for their work.

6jeczn.jpg

''Every Latvian soldier that is lost, hurts me more than you can imagine. We are a small nation, and we can't afford to lose our precious people. Our forefathers, in 1918, fought for an independent Latvia, hoping that we, their children will never have to spill our blood again. But I can promise, that these soldiers fought for good, and just because of them, our lives will improve greatly, as Estonia is now with us.'' A small speech that the president gave in the funeral.

11aefzo.jpg

Now, when Estonia has joined us, we have a pretty nice economy boost. I've increased Defense budget from 1.5 % to 3.2 %, which let's us improve our Army at such levels, that we can be called equally strong as Belarus.
But the real pleasure is, to see that our country has a bigger and stronger economy than our neighbors, Lithuania, which would want to make them join our Union.
Latvia now has 3.6 million people, with 21 billion $ GDP, while Lithuania has 3.4 million people, with only 18 billion $ GDP.

29xhjm0.png

Now, with the raise of the Defense Budget, necessary actions have been taken to buy 3 Self-Propelled Artillery brigades from Russia. This will greatly improve our Armed Forces ability to beat the enemy. Also, a Non-Aggression Pact is signed between Russia and Latvia, to make it clear for the world, that these 2 nations, are not enemies.

x6msjp.png

I've received a letter, which offers to ally ourselves with the Russians. I've spent all day, sitting and looking outside the window, and thinking whether I should accept the invitation, or decline it.

Lol, for a while I was actually thinking that you might write an event ^^

Lol, for a while I was actually thinking that you might write an event ^^

Not too good at modding, and I'm not sure whether you want to write events for me to use in this AAR :p

Not too good at modding, and I'm not sure whether you want to write events for me to use in this AAR :p

I'm no expert in this neither, so it depends on what do you want to abstract :p

OK, but what if people start screaming:

- "NO, THERE ARE TOO MANY! IT'S LIKE A PLAGUE!"
- "CURSE BELGIUMRULER AND HIS WELL DONE UKRAINIAN AAR!"

Yes, we'll blame Belgiumruler if something like that is going to happen! :D

zy67bs.jpg

Now, when we have allied ourselves with Russia, Belarus made several protests, because they feel insulted, that Belarus doesn't get accepted in the faction, but a democratic country like Latvia does. They are suspicious that Russia wants to remove Belarus from the map.

2 weeks after those protests, Latvian Infantry cross the border in Belarus. The Belorussian Army isn't present at the border, so they only notice that they are being invaded when people who live in the border towns went outside, and saw a Latvian flag waving in the town center.

2cqkyh4.jpg

Latvian-Belorussian border.

As 90% of the Belorussian Army was stationed on Russian border, due to the protests, and fear of invasion, the way to Minsk was open. Within 2 days, Latvian Infantry reached the gates of Minsk. Whole Europe was shocked by seeing that the small, and weak Latvia managed to get that deep in Belarus without any Russian support.
But not quite, Belorussian Mechanized Infantry division has engaged Latvian forces in Mjory, and it seems like the Belorussians have an upper hand in the battle.

2vmy2pl.jpg

Latvians suffered heavy losses, but with great results. The Belorussian Mechanized division was taken prisoner, after we had encircled them. The town of Rasony was totally empty, when Latvians marched in.
However, 310 soldiers lost is a big number. We must change our tactics, because attacking over the river against a Mechanized division wasn't the smartest move.

14jvuox.jpg

Aftermath of the battle.

9a8js3.jpg

The empty town of Rasony.

Now, when the flanks have been taken care of, ''Zemgales Spēku Brigāde'' can start the attack on Minsk. The Belorussians only have about 500 soldiers to protect it's capital, so it will not take too much effort from us. Intelligence says that Lukashenko has already left Minsk, afraid of being captured by our forces.

14bmagw.jpg

Minsk was a fierce battle afterall, a lot of losses on both sides. But the good news are that after we captured Minsk, Russian troops crossed the border into Belarus. The victory is ours now for sure.

ih01hf.jpg

Wow this is pretty neat. Where is the mod so I could maybe download it once i reaccquire HoI3, and what is the time span?

The name is YAMDaM, it is not yet finished, there are no ministers and leaders, but the mod is pretty good.