+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Europa Universalis IV icon missing?

Europa Universalis IV icon missing?

Hi i don't know if anyone can help but i cant see the game icon on my desktop, any ideas? i have the icons for all other Paradox games.

On Steam you can right click EU 4 to create a desktop shortcut.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Mine was missing, too (both in the demo and in the "real" game).

You can right click on the game-icon and select "choose new icon". Then you have to navigate to your install folder and select the exe and voilá now you have an image on your game-icon.
    (The wording can be a bit off; I am more familiar with the German names for the Windows elements)

Quote Originally Posted by JonStryker View Post

You can right click on the game-icon and select "choose new icon". Then you have to navigate to your install folder and select the exe and voilá now you have an image on your game-icon.
    (The wording can be a bit off; I am more familiar with the German names for the Windows elements)
    Thanks, I had this issue as well.

My EU IV Mods

The Tenth Idea- Mini-Mod that allows countries to have 10 maximum idea groups rather than just 8

EU III Mod

Lex Talionis- A mod for EU III Divine Wind 5.2 focusing on domestic affairs and giving the player more choices/options while creating a more challenging experience

Looks like the people responsible for entering it into the Steam Database didn't set the "clienticon" field, so no-one will get the icon by just creating a desktop shortcut.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yay thanks

Hi all - my first post.
    Is this missing icon fault going to be remedied? Seems such a small thing to do - so why hasn't it been fixed by Paradox?
    VERY disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by innerlander View Post
    Hi all - my first post.
    Is this missing icon fault going to be remedied? Seems such a small thing to do - so why hasn't it been fixed by Paradox?
    VERY disappointed!
    I dont know what's the contract between Valve and Paradox. But if I had to draft such contract, I would definitely let Valve being responsible and maintainer of such things. This is really not part of the game but totally part of the game distribution.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I just created a shortcut to the .exe and dropped it on my desktop.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Thanks worked like a charm.
    Muff1n
    RIP East vs. West
    -Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by JonStryker View Post

Thank you Jon

I had the same issue, and you gave me the answer.

Dank, Gracias, Merci, спасибо, ...

I also have this problem. Compounding the problem is that I don't know where Steam hid the installed files on my computer, so I can't find the .exe to add the icon.

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    52 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaAncient Space

Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    I also have this problem. Compounding the problem is that I don't know where Steam hid the installed files on my computer, so I can't find the .exe to add the icon.
    See the sticky "file locations" thread in Tech Support forum.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Cool, thanks!

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

Don't mean to necro this by a month, but to solve peoples issues with their icons alls you need to do is go to

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Sta rt Menu\Programs\Steam and find the icon that your missing a picture for, for me there are several that i'm fixing now. When you fix it there all linked shortcuts [which should be all] will be fixed to the correct image.

+ Reply to Thread