• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be nice if Paradox could release some statistics on this AAR, for e.g. daily views, total views, unique views.

It would be nice to know how big the audience is.

Well going off what's available this AAR has 119k 'views' around now, the most for an EUVIV AAR by far for the moment (early days) and would be 4th for CK2, 10th for VIC2, 18th for HOI3 or 5th for EUIII. If anything I would hope some viewers go on to view other AARs as well, they are such a great source of game knowledge, new ideas and entertainment.

Anyway hope you had an enjoyable birthday DDRJake and best of luck in the final run.

Well going off what's available this AAR has 119k 'views' around now, the most for an EUVIV AAR by far for the moment (early days) and would be 4th for CK2, 10th for VIC2, 18th for HOI3 or 5th for EUIII. If anything I would hope some viewers go on to view other AARs as well, they are such a great source of game knowledge, new ideas and entertainment.

Anyway hope you had an enjoyable birthday DDRJake and best of luck in the final run.

Roma AARrisen. ;)

I have an idea for the HRE. How about helping the emperor increase his authority so he can complete the HRE unification. I've noticed in my games that once this happens no more special HRE unlawful territory. HRE becomes a giant normal grey blob.

Currently celebrating my birthday today by conquering Leeds, England. I'll be back up in Scotland to continue overseeing the Ryukyun world takeover tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments, the /gsg/ postings and the lurkers who give me the motivation to keep going even with the world is covered in black stripes.

Keep going good sir! Part of me hopes you fail, simply so that it can be said that the WC as Ryukyu cannot be done. You have put an incredible amount of effort into this and it really shows. Good luck on the victory though, I really do want you to win...mostly.

Did you use inifinite "make money" mission via ship constuction + "make reputation/army tradition" mission via troop construction in the begining?

Good idea, but you're thinking too small-time.

Hope you manage to succeed on this attempt. Ryukyu forever!

Cheers. I don't want to collapse to rebels as there's a 50% chance that they could flip me back to a monarchy, and I will be doing that at my own pace if I even need to.

You are simply amazing! I currently speechless by your awesomeness and don’t really what more to say, anyway you gained a new subscriber!

Thanks. I love when new members/lurkers come out of the woodwork to post.

As a Leeds resident if I see hordes of blue men on a night out ... actually tbh the Tykes are just as bad. Welcome and enjoy yourself.

I marched my army to Little Tokyo for what was the best Japanese meal I've ever had. It was my first time in Leeds and I gotta say I'll be back again soon. Pretty neat town from what I saw of it.

Thanks, I'll be needing a little Energon and a lot of luck.

Keep going good sir! Part of me hopes you fail, simply so that it can be said that the WC as Ryukyu cannot be done. You have put an incredible amount of effort into this and it really shows. Good luck on the victory though, I really do want you to win...mostly.

If I cannot win on this attempt, I imagine the September patch will plug a lot of holes and prevent many of the exploits. On the other hand, September may rebalance a lot of the game to make certain things easier. The "Defeat rebels" mission exploit will be a thing of the past though.

---

Right, after a twenty year war of spiralling War Exhaustion and crushing endless rebels I have something to share:

6qcyeYKh.jpg

HdYxNBoh.jpg

The entire Ottoman Empire vassalised in one war.

For some absurd reason, when I went to war I noticed that the cost to annex was 100%, and the cost to vassalise was about 166%. I remember all the times in EU3 that I would hold onto all of Switzerland who was over 100% to vassalise, and the war score cost would slowly drop after 5 years. I prayed this would happen with Ottoman and hedged it all on this.

Well, after 5 years it began to drop...after 20 years it had stalled at 127%. I was raging, but thankfully, with the Revolution CB, provinces each cost only 25% of their normal amount, so by taking a lot of provinces, I got the vassalisation score to drop even further. I will now sell all these provinces back to Ottoman and enjoy having a huge vassal.

This didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, and I'm betting that those 20 years could have been more productive elsewhere, but this will help massively as Greece, Anatolia and half of Hungary is now under my control. Also, 20 years of not expanding like a madman has made roughly half of the old coalition members drop out.

To regain part of my sanity from this war, I imagined what Ottomans are saying to Johan right now about being annexable/vassalisable when they are so huge.

wWt5Oj2.jpg

Did you spend the majority of the 20 years in max war exhaustion? I can barely tolerate the war exhaustion when I use this trick to vassalize Brittany as France (only 112% score for vassalization), so seeing this really amazed me.

By the way, is there anything that stops you from annexing the Ottomans and releasing it as vassal? Losing Ottoman cores in the Balkans?

The spoiler is hilarious.

I marched my army to Little Tokyo for what was the best Japanese meal I've ever had. It was my first time in Leeds and I gotta say I'll be back again soon. Pretty neat town from what I saw of it.
Good choice, That area of the town is quite pretty.

Off topic, well done on getting a palatable result out of the Ottomans, 20 years is a big chunk of time. to spend on one nation.

It's amazing, but it doesn't seem like it was worth the cost. All that time at max war exhaustion. The massive overextension you have to deal with as you slowly sell them back one province a month making you unable to go to war for another year or two. All that AE and 'conquered our provinces' penalties making them hate your guts for centuries so you can't diplo-annex them. Almost an entire tech level's worth of diplomatic power.

...is there anything that stops you from annexing the Ottomans and releasing it as vassal? Losing Ottoman cores in the Balkans?

That's it precisely, an annexed nations seems to only keep their cores in their exact cultured provinces. Not only that, but annexing Ottomans would have generated more AE than I could burn off ever.

You may want to check your AE towards Ottomans, did the same to smaller countries ending with -800 AE, you may not have the time to annex them

It was +480AE in total. A lot, but it can be burned off within 100 years.

It's amazing, but it doesn't seem like it was worth the cost. All that time at max war exhaustion. The massive overextension you have to deal with as you slowly sell them back one province a month making you unable to go to war for another year or two. All that AE and 'conquered our provinces' penalties making them hate your guts for centuries so you can't diplo-annex them. Almost an entire tech level's worth of diplomatic power.

Tell me about it. I really thought that I could get the vassalise cost to below 100% on its own, taking other provinces to make it possible was not part of the plan and ended up being a massive setback. The cost in DIP is not an issue: I haven't teched up in Diplomatic tech for a long time, it's still at about 9. DIP is pretty much useless other than for peace deals and lowering WE. I frequently hit its cap and have no idea what to spend it on thanks to having DIP republican leaders, and this is even with 13/8 diplomatic relations. The WE wasn't actually too bad, I was able to keep Anatolia under wraps, it was china and the occupied areas of Bengal of all places which were the most guilty of revolting. The cost of reducing DIP doesn't scale though, so I'm able to quickly reduce it during this peace session as I sell provinces back to the Ottomans.

Despite the enormous cost, getting Ottomans as a vassal is a huge boost. Ottomans was the very last large area of concern. I have all other areas planned for how to conquer. It's just a case of managing in both within 150 years in-game, and ~2 week in real life, without losing my mind.

Asia has more or less abandoned the coalition against me, so they can be picked off at leisure without concern for AE
Japan is Japanese. They will not count towards Overextension
Persia should be able to be broken up
India is being fed to Hindustan
Russia is slowing being fed to Novgorod
Norway will be fed Sweden, who finally don't hate me
Poland is weak and will be fed mostly to Ukraine
the HRE will be forced to unify and will be part of the "I don't give a monkey's about OE" final dash
Africa is an uncolonised joke
America is pagan, and will also be part of the IDGAMAOE dash.

150 years is also plenty of time to integrate my vassals. Scotland and Champagne are currently being annexed, which will, thanks to advisors, ideas and the length of their servitude, take about a decade factoring in dropping OE and WE.

But things will no doubt go wrong! I have only 4 diplomats. I will be taking either plutocracy or espionage as the next idea in order to get another, but that is still ~3 techs away. forcing the HRE to unify will be horribly difficult: they are very divided, with OPM saxony as its leader. These are two of my main choke points, so I'd like to ask:

- are there are more ways to gain extra diplomats? I am thinking about becoming catholic, but surely that wouldn't be enough to secure Curia control? What are the other benefits of being a strong power in the holy see?

-What decides if an HRE reform will be accepted? when I click on the screen, it shows that only HRE Saxony will back the reform, all 24 others will not. It's only the 2nd reform, Saxony has 98% Authority and -10 relations with most people, while they and most of the HRE are catholic. In the game files, it shows that to vote yes, members must have "will_back_next_reform = YES", but I cannot find this variable anywhere.

Cologne is a very strong potential emperor, hopefully they will take the throne, at which point I'm praying my plan can go without a problem.

9loT8dOh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm shamelessly just copying from wiki here:

Getting diplomats
Each country starts with 2 Diplomats by default. The following give more:
The Embassy unique building gives 1 Diplomat.
The following ideas give 1 Diplomat:
International Nobility (Aristocracy Ideas)
Efficient Spies (Espionage Ideas)
Foreign Embassies (Diplomatic Ideas)
Ayutthaya, Venice, and Vijayanagar have a unique idea that gives 1 Diplomat.
The Curia Controller gets 1 Diplomat.
Holy Roman Empire reforms:
Institute Reichsregiment gives 1 Diplomat to the Emperor.
Proclaim Erbkaisertum gives -1 Diplomat to the members.
The AI gets 1 Diplomat.

The holy see is more useful for monarchies, but you still get +2 advisor, which can be useful for always having +5 diprep or +30% relation decay or something else.
other benefits are tech cost reduction with cardinals and -5% stab cost. Crusades and excommunication is out by this point and they don't really work anyways...

For HRE, if you hover over the small shield at bottom of the HRE screen, you should see the modifiers. Saxony must have done something horribly wrong if none support her reforms at 98 IA...