• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sorry but im not buying this

no top bars, right bars, only a few ss's that show some weird wars and nothing that suggest a path, a plausible path

i rather think you managed somehow to break the iron man save protection...

p.s. and if this is an aar than the writing on the cigar pack is an epic literature work, im talking about the 2nd try. 1st try was somehow ok represented, at least i understood the action.

Last edited:

no top bars, right bars, only a few ss's that show some weird wars and nothing that suggest a path, a plausible path

p.s. and if this is an aar than the writing on the cigar pack is an epic literature work, im talking about the 2nd try. 1st try was somehow ok represented, at least i understood the action.

He already showed at least one trick and he is known for his exploits. Also, this is a gameplay AAR which he shows as soon as something happened, not a narrative AAR in any way.

It is more for experienced gamers who wish to also get the achievement or simply enjoy pushing the game's rules.

He's DDRJake. He is doing this for real - he already did. But I DO think that he found something that would get fixed on the spot, and wants to milk it some more before it is taken from him. :D

Have you considered DDRJake's history when you make your accusations? His previous Ryukyu WC in EU3 may have been responsible for a change included in the 5.2 patch that prevented other players using his sneaky trick (collapse to rebels that turn you into a Horde government). One time in MEIOU he used every trick in the book to convert all the Catholic nations to a different faith so that OPM Ulm might control every cardinal. The plan worked but the result didn't though thanks to some minor Papacy bugs.
I hope DDRJake will show his working when he's gotten the achievement and doesn't need to fear some unruly chef taking away his cheese.

Last edited:
Hes indeed known for his crazy and cheesy strategies, it is most likely legit because its just the kind of thing to exspect from him. He already managed to do the same in EUIII by converting to a horde.
Most people probably dont read this for its narration but rather because its awe inspiring what you can do if you have in depth knowledge of the game mechanics (and how to abuse them). While most people find it difficult to survice with Ryuku hes not only able to do that but is actualy overunning europe...

@DDRJake: Keep going, its awesome and despite having stuff to do i find myself F5-ing every half hour! :rolleyes:

One time in MEIOU he used every trick in the book to convert all the Catholic nations to a different faith so that OPM Ulm might control every cardinal. The plan worked but the result didn't though thanks to some minor Papacy bugs.

Is there a thread for that? :D

I'm amazed you can conquer so fast and experience all those rebellions without collapsing. I'd go insane trying to pull that off. At least with you doing it I can see Ryukyu stretch across the world without the headache I'd get trying to do it myself. :p

I'm a real fetishist for nice Paradox maps. Here's one that does it for me best:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?510618-Post-your-%28DW%29-Empire&p=15765920&viewfull=1#post15765920

Svip needs to do another AAR...

Flagland has me in pieces, I love those jolly japes.

Oh god, those revolt risks :D

All part of the fun

Curses...

just realized he was releasing nations on that screenshot and not taking provinces...
I only saw "0% overextension - WTF"

EDIT:
These revolts o_O any chance of turning em down?

Yeah, this whole "takes years to core" has ended my desire to take any more land for myself except through annexing vassals. A damn shame but it leaves me with more ADM for raising stability.

Eventually he will lose to rebels at some point... because the rebels in Eu4 are damn stronk!

One revolution to end it all...

Rebels in EU4 are easier than in EU3, I find. For one, you can just give in to rebels in EU4 and they all bugger off with no real damage to you. I'm not going to cry over 10 prestige lost and one modifier in one province.

DDRJake, how managebable is it to stay at -2 stab the whole time? I am thinking of always braking truces and only go from -3 to -2 stab

The worst thing is having your legitimacy go down by 2 points per year which in turn lowers your diplomatic reputation which makes vassal integration slower. This is hurt more by how I think all of my heirs have had only a weak or average claim to the throne. I finally have one with a strong claim so, assuming he doesn't take ill one night or decide to go hunting, that should finally have over 50 legitimacy for the first time in a century.

yes! in before the end unlike EU3.
You, sir, are my hero and I sleep in sheets with your pictures.

I can't sleep. If I close my eyes, all I see are muskets.

If there's anything I can do to improve your AAR experience, let me know. As I outlined from the start, I am exploiting any game mechanic I can find and there are no bells or whistles to tart this AAR up. If you want a good narrative, read Ashantai's work.

@DDRJake: Keep going, its awesome and despite having stuff to do i find myself F5-ing every half hour! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support.

Simply epic. Looking forward to the time when you'll drop your first nuke over Europe.

My technology is a little lacking in that regard, I think we'll have nukes developed by 2089.

This really could use a few more words though, it is an after action report and not much reporting is going on.

Indeed, I'll work on it.

Is there a thread for that? :D

Sweet memories. I love Meiou and everybody should check out Meiou&Taxes when that mod for EU4 gets released. It's the most beautiful map I've seen.

---​

Picking up where we left off, I steamrolled Scotland. In the first war I made them cede their capital of Lothian to England, then I broke truce and rolled over the Scots a second time, forcing vassalage upon them. I also spat Champagne out as a new French vassal. I am tired of Guyenne's pathetic technology so I sent a diplomat to begin their annexation. I am also annexing Brittany as they are the only provinces within the Breton culture group and they serve no further purpose. They also won't buy and land from me because they are fussy little upstarts. (actually, it is because they are animist, there are a lot of factors deciding which land someone will accept. It looks like I won't be making any more animist vassals if I can avoid it because it wrecks their nation from lack of religious unity and they won't buy much land which isn't animist or in their culture group. The more you learn...)

XhLGu3kh.jpg

I add Delhi to the daisy-chain of vassals because they are muslim, they have many cores and they are relatively powerful in the region. I expect them to own much of India and the middle east if all goes to plan. By now I am at 8/6 diplomatic relations and am beginning to hurt a little for it, but the sooner I get my vassals, the more time I have for the "aggressive expansion" they feel against me for forcing them into their situation to melt away.

It costs me an ungodly 200ADM points, but I raise my stability up to -2 in order to declare a new no-cb war when the moment was right. Avignon was not part of my coalition but they were allied to members who were and whome I wanted to annex quickly. As I steamroll over them, a few interesting messages pop up.

yVD1am8h.jpg

WNHS1xZh.jpg

yAcg0VKh.jpg

xYv3f6f.jpg

That's like getting ~200ADM points for free. Oh how I'm loving these Japanese events so far. I've not experienced any of the unkillable Christian revolt events yet, perhaps I wouldn't be feeling the same way if I was.

bZFnCPHh.jpg

The year is 1560. 260 years remain to take Euroasia and pick off the Africans and natives.

Last edited:
What is your province count around, and how many soldiers do you require in your Asian holdings to take care of rebels? :D

54 provinces at the moment, with roughly 100,000 foot troops keeping Asia in check.

EDIT: does anybody have a number for all the non-wasteland land provinces? There are over 2,000 in the game's files but many are sea zones, wastelands or uncolonised land.

One day this AAR won't be at the top of the most recent posts... on that day I will cry

yes, i am in before the end
:D
oh and have fun creating cheese, hope there is something equally impossible accomplished in Meiou&Taxes upon release.

still insane ...
for the moment you can diploannex any vassal?
that you are larger than :), oh and silly 4 province minors dont want to be a vassal to the only power near them capable of withstanding the ottomans or the hungarians, and maybe the poles :)