• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Our Review: Europa Universalis IV Review

15800849za.jpg

Last edited:
"Pelit" - leading gaming magasine in Finland: 90/100 (really good). I don't have a link (yet), and any how it is Finnish...

Ok we get it..... EU4 is out and was well received! You deserve all the credit that's due -- that being said, it's been out for a while now.... any chance you can stop posting every review that comes your way and instead actually give us some info on the patch? Or the next CK2 expansion? Or any news on fixing and expanding the converter? Or news about Vicky 3? Or something besides MORE REVIEWS!

EDIT: This is in response to the front-page link to this, not the thread itself (obviously this thread is the proper place to post reviews lol)

Ok we get it..... EU4 is out and was well received! You deserve all the credit that's due -- that being said, it's been out for a while now.... any chance you can stop posting every review that comes your way and instead actually give us some info on the patch? Or the next CK2 expansion? Or any news on fixing and expanding the converter? Or news about Vicky 3? Or something besides MORE REVIEWS!

EDIT: This is in response to the front-page link to this, not the thread itself (obviously this thread is the proper place to post reviews lol)

Relax, the information is coming sooner than you think!
I have not posted every review, I just posted because I updated the list A LOT, sorry if I was spamming.
You will most definitely get info on the upcoming patch soon :)

3 Czech reviews:

http://games.tiscali.cz/recenze/europa-universalis-iv-recenze-64014 9/10

"A must-play for both newcomers and strategic veterans. All of them are going to enjoy a grandiose historical feast."

http://www.czechgamer.com/recenze/591/Europa-Universalis-IV-recenze.html 88/100

"+ improved graphics, addictive gameplay, changes to trade and diplomacy
- introduction of power points, AI glitches"

http://www.hrej.cz/recenze/recenze-europa-universalis-iv-4720/ 5/5

"Outstanding and nearly flawless historical strategy which inspires curiosity and provides an opportunity to try out countless historical scenarios."

How about reviews from "forumers"? Are there any good posts out there showing the strong / weak points.

In all fairness, I haven't read one single decent review in the "established" press for a long time. They either don't have the game to understand it's complexity so they have to rely on the things they read, hear OR they fail to touch on any significant issues that the user might experience. Paradox should enjoy the good press, they deserve it. But, I'd prefer fan reviews to the press any day. Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to the best contributions from forum members and / or fans.

We don't need critical reviews here. All we need is blind belief and obedience to our Lord and Savour, Johan.

Johan Vult!

-Member of the social group of Johannites :p

The EU4 Steam Page has reviews (at the bottom of the page) from users, some of them aren't serious but I'm sure you can fine some good ones in there.

The steam forum obviously doesn't have the ranking system that Pdox forums have. It's such a big difference, it's one to read a post from someone who's been involved for long times with the community and the titles in the series, and it's another when you can't double check the poster to see if you agree with his/her opinions, in general.

I want this game so much. However, I have a 5 week old baby which means I have obsoletely no time for games any more. And time is something I think this game demands a lot of. Looks like I will have to be patient and wait a couple of years. At least by then I might be able to buy the complete game with all the add-ons. Will just have to satisfy my cravings by watching youtube videos!

Downloaded the demo off Steam. Played through the tutorials then had a go as Portugal. I have put about 6 hours in and I love it and, I feel like I have only just scratched the surface. Before this the most complex game I had played was Civilization 4 (Civ 5 was a big disappointment). I wanted something more in-depth and this is definitely it.