• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What beta option are you using? I'm only getting the options to revert back to version 1.092 or to opt out of betas in the beta tab in the game properties.

No, steam client beta not Game beta

To get the Steam Beta client, open steam, click on steam in the top left, go to settings, and under the account tab at the bottom you should have the option to enter the beta.

Oh sweet, altered country names carry over with the converter

edit:

Only works with countries that don't already exist in EU4. If you rename a EU4 country it just becomes that in EU4.

Last edited:
No, steam client beta not Game beta

To get the Steam Beta client, open steam, click on steam in the top left, go to settings, and under the account tab at the bottom you should have the option to enter the beta.

I did this and now I Cant play any of my save games, they are all "broken"

ugh

and when i click one which is not "broken" the game simply crashes

darn patch

Look up 3 posts I put instructions.

Mine are working fine, what do you mean by broken?

some have a red text "BROKENSAVE"

some do not, yet when even i click those without the "BROKENSAVE" it still crashes the game

im going to try to opt out again and see if they work then... if not then poo i have to start over

I opted out of the beta again, and it lets me play my saves again, but i cant use the customizer

At least I can cry about not being able to finish this save with my epic battle for control of the world with a blobby Byzantine empire (all those dots in them are rebels, so imagine it all purple.. (around mesopotamia)

J7McZX5.jpg

I will try to delete everything of crusader kings 2 in my users folder and uninstall ckII and make sure there is no folder of it anywhere, but keep the saves somewhere else and try reinsalling and the beta

hopefully then the customizer will work for me but not make the game break all my saves... i hope.

it made things worse, i haven ot yet even put in my save files but it is acting like i dont have old gods even when its clicked on the launcher, also the customizer is not working xp

wtf is wrong with this

EDIT:

oops I was going into the wrong beta. I was opting into a ckII 1.09 patch beta... no wonder everything broke!

Last edited:
I opted out of the beta again, and it lets me play my saves again, but i cant use the customizer

At least I can cry about not being able to finish this save with my epic battle for control of the world with a blobby Byzantine empire (all those dots in them are rebels, so imagine it all purple.. (around mesopotamia)

J7McZX5.jpg

Did you edit this? How the hell did single-county Old Gods Papacy get most of Italy?

I opted into steam beta and the barbers and title re-namer worked for me. Does anyone know how you are able to rename family members like grandchildren?

this is what is promised on steam

Key Features
In-game barber shop: customize hair and beard.
Rename children born to all your descendants (not just your own children)
Name bastard dynasties
Rename duchies and above, with adjective form