There have been a few tweaks & bugfixes done since the demo was created, and we want to list out some of the bigger changes here.
The AI have been improved regarding exploration, trade, diplomacy, warfare and navies. Well, basically everything with the AI has been improved.
Observermode have been serverly enhanced and can now be used to view the game properly, and you can also now switch to observermode if you get eliminated in a game.
We also added a "random country" button in the frontend, for when you don't know which country you want to play!
The most important changes to gamebalance is the following.
- Overextension is now triggering bad events when you go over 100%, and its more frequent the higher you get.
- Fleet Basing rights now affects supply range as well.
- Going bankrupt is now far less fun, as you now lose republican tradition, cancels all currenct constructions & all outstanding loans to other nations are cancelled. Advisor costs are now +100% & manpower recover 100% slower during bankruptcy
- It is much more difficult to inherit larger realms, and its pretty much impossible to inherit a greater power.
- Conquests of overseas territory gives less AE for those on your home continent.
- You now need to have positive relations with anyone you want to have an alliance with.
- Trade efficiency have less of an impact on trade power.
- Ships moving will no longer blockade.
- A rebalance of naval ships & combat to keep the same relative power and impact through the years.
- Blockade impact now scales, making it as powerful lategame as it is in the early game.
- It is now possible for some provinces to be impossible to convert religion in, without special ideas and abilities.
- Borderfriction now depends on the size of borders two countries share, and unless you are historical friends, this will cause some antagonism.
- Warscore required to take a province in a peace is now reduced for taking stuff from large empires, making it worthwhile to fight a war against a large endgame empire.
- Improving stability beyond +1 is now more expensive.
- Death of a monarch is now always -1 stability, -2 if it happens in combat.
- Ships patrolling will now stop at ports until fully repaired if a port is in their patrol path.