• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Belgiumruler

Comrade Belgie
95 Badges
Aug 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
BraveNewWorld_zps6cde6041.png

Hi to you all!

Time for EUIV in a couple of hours, so I start the AAR now already. I played the demo, so I have some expierence. I want to do the first non beta AAR and i looks like I succeeded! Yay! This will be meanly a gameplay AAR, while trying to explore the mechanics. I hope you all enjoy it and please leave a comment! Start date is the game start date. I played with every dlc I got with the pre order (digital deluxe edition).
Goals:

Colonize
Explorer
Trade

House rules:

No cheating
No reloading
No save editing
No abandoning (yes I make this a house rule, since I never played a full EUIII game because I got bored...)

And special thanks to Gen. Marshall for the amazing banner!

This AAR has won the weekly AAR showcase on 17/08/2013
showcase4kj.jpg

Last edited:
For all good measure:

First.

One day people (like DensleyBlair with his history of AARland) will look back upon this AAR and say: "This was the first EU4 AAR". Make them proud, Belgiumruler. Make them proud.

For all good measure:

First.

One day people (like DensleyBlair with his history of AARland) will look back upon this AAR and say: "This was the first EU4 AAR". Make them proud, Belgiumruler. Make them proud.
First.
Yup, Will do!

second.
once again awesome work on the banner, General.
Good luck to Belgiumruler and congrats for being first!

edit: guess I end third instead

I didn't even know we could post in this forum yet? :unsure:

And yet another AAR to check out. Nice banner.

Beat me to it! :)
I'll be following this one with interest.

update propably tommorow and MAYBE today (If my mother allows me to stay home from diving once...)

BraveNewWorld_zps6cde6041.png

Chapter I: A first War

I select Conquer Tangiers as my first mission, as it will provide some combat. I also secure an alliance with Castille (to help me if it goes wrong) and I honor the call to arms with England, to make sure we stay allied. When I assigned leaders to my fleet, I noticed I start with 3 explorers already! This will come in handy as we can do some early exploring then. The Earl of Avranches is assigned to my army, since he is a little bit better then my king. I transport my army to Ceuta (wich is already Portuguese at the start of the game), and split my navy to blockade the Moroccan ports. At 22 January 1445 I declare war, Castille and England join me.
wat5.png

The first ( and only) naval battle in the war forced the Moroccan ships to stay in their harbors, giving us dominance over the sea.
zn4.png

At 14 March I get a nasty event, tax income reduced or 13 regiments uprising, I choose the tax incoming reducing.
ldha.png

At 31 march we start to produce fish in the Azores. In April the first battle with Morocco is fought resulting in a crushing victory, I thought the enemy was defeated now, but I was wrong...
pl0t.png

In July news came from Castille, they have broken their alliance! Not good since we lost a useful ally. I send a diplomat to improve relations. That year I lost 2 battles, one in July and one in September. Eliminating almost my complete army...
74eg.png

sftf.png

I made peace as fast as possible, on 5 may 1446. To bad I only gained Tangiers, but with 12.000 men lost, it was impossible to get more then that and a few ducats. I learned from this war: Never underestimate the African armies!
2d5u.png

An excellent result considering how they were crushing your armies. :)

I would guess blockade is powerful and you had two provinces occupied for them to be so willing to bail out?

An excellent result considering how they were crushing your armies. :)

I would guess blockade is powerful and you had two provinces occupied for them to be so willing to bail out?
no, only Tangiers, but with 100% blockade their war exhaustion skyrocketed, and I managed to reach 23 warscore, just enough.

Perfidious Castile! How dare they break an alliance while you are in the middle of a war with Morocco, of all nations. Already it seems EUIV is quite a different game compared to its predecessor.