Europa Universalis IV OST: Favorite Tracks!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marco Dandolo

Serenissimo Leone
62 Badges
Apr 12, 2008
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
Besides the great Main theme "Voyage" which was presented some months ago, we have now encountered more music in the demo version. Once again, Waldetoft has reached another level in his carreer, and amazed with some really interesting pieces of music. My favorites so far:

- The Voyage
A great introduction, containing the atmosphere of discovery, expansion, and the full glory of an expanding empire. I really like the "lento" beginning, before it evolves and evolves in greatness.

- Discovery
"The Voyage"'s little sister. Smoother, and full of nostalgia, as it is like a remix of "Conquistador", the main theme of EUIII. Not an aggressive, military and bombastic atmosphere as the original, but more intense in describing the discovery of the New World.

- The Stonemasons
Once again, "Conquistador" is the theme, but this wonderful track is more of a variation of our old EUIII main theme. Refined, polished, with other aspects, and some interesting passages. After the first 30 seconds, this track grows, and has a fascinating atmosphere. Really, my favourite track of EUIV at the moment and one of the best of Waldetoft, in my opinion.

- Battle of Lepanto
Has a little bit of EU:ROME and CKII in it. After a march-theme and epic chorus, the Holy Alliance comes in, fighting against the enemies of the christian faith. I liked the theme from the first time when I heared it in a review; now, that I know its name, I like it even more.
Glorious Galleazze, I hear you call!

- Ride Fourth Victoriously
Another battle-theme. Spanish and North German horses are all around, attacking flanks, with some very nice fanfares in the background.

I cant say enough how much I enjoy Mr.Waldetoft's music. :)

Edit: The Voyage is amazing!

I don't know what the track is, but it has a sister track in CK2 and also the trailer for EvW of all things, IT'S ALL CONNECTED!

A secret code, eh? :p

If bets were possible, I think Lepanto, RFV and Voyage would make the race.

The Voyage blew me away. I don't think I've ever been stuck on the main menu of a Paradox game for quite as long as the EUIV one.

It's really hard for me to make a list after that, though. It's all so good.

"The Stonemasons" and specially "In the Streets" which reminds be a bit on the god old Final Fantasy 9 Maintheme.

In EU3 i had allways fun to hear the "The Tudors Series OST" which was perfectly fitting in the early phase of the game.

To be honest, the songs of the Paradox Games are not enough to hear them all over again, when they are games which you play 200h +

Voyage is my absolute favorite.

I have to agree on Stone Masons, also one of the ones I really get motivated by in game.

Land in Sight and My king are also great.

Ride forth Victoriously is my favorite war song!