• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My current Ironman Trebizond game...it took everything i had to get past the first 150ish years, but by god, its on a roll now :D going for Greece > BYZ i think, but i kinda like having Trebizond scrawled across the map.

2015-01-15_00001.jpg

eu4_map_TRE_1718_09_01_3.png

eu4_map_TRE_1718_09_01_2.png

I may just see Rome restored before the end...Alexios would be proud

Last edited:
After my Kanem Bornu campaign where i conquered almost all of Africa, I decided I wanted to play a country in Asia.

So I chose Mongolia! Hail to the Khan!
My goal is to become a threat to the Europeans and convert as many country's I can to Buddhism. The start was pretty tough, but once I allied with Ming everything went pretty smooth. Made some tiny mistakes sometimes, but I'm playing in Ironmode so no loading of earlier save files.

My Khanate so far:
2015-01-15_00001.jpg

2015-01-15_00002.jpg

My first 1.9 finish

8AFB620B38E2C8403EB8DCF5DC57C30ABA54802F

Danish -> Scandinavia, playing colonizing game early, focuses on Europe once the colonies almost finished in late 1600s. Really liking how you can rotate the nations in coalition against you now... if anything advanced CB + coalitions gives you a huge province gains in a single war more than I've ever done before. Teutonic, Brandenburg, Naples, Spain and Burgundy are vassals, feeding them provinces helps get to 100% ws without burning all ADM... although the bug where they won't core is annoying as heck.

The rest of the map seems normal. Manchu got lucky nation and westernized very early, in the 1500s iirc and eat pretty much everything in the east xD, roflstomping even Russia

177C4D330BB5A491E211C5071356EFB6AF710488

I finally finished my Byzantium game. I got the Baselius, In the Name of the Father, Princess is in this Castle, and Georgia on my Mind achievements. I wanted to get the 1001 provinces and the Guarantor of Peace achievements, but I realized at around 1650-1700 that that wasn't going to happen, so I just decided to consolidate my borders. I was lucky enough to get Poland into a PU, with the help of my almost permanent ally France (whom I fed almost all of Castile as a reward). I did not finish coring and converting because Poland and Fezzan took a long time to integrate and because coring North Africa is painful, even if it's overseas. However, I did end up with relatively nice borders (except 2 provinces in India next to my giant Persian vassal that I didn't have time to integrate). I actually took 3 provinces in India but had to sell France one of them to get my alliance back after they took the India coast mission.

Interestingly, I had a very large amount of manpower, even before I took Quantity, and my trade income exploded near the end (possibly after cleaning out some of the trade nodes and taking Trade ideas). I was a bit disappointed I could not conquer all of Italy and connect my Italian provinces with the rest of my territory, but France PU'ed and integrated Urbino (as well as Brandenburg and later Saxony, though I gave Saxony to them after receiving it myself to avoid a long succession war), so I would either have to fight France or have 2 French exclaves messing up the borders. The Reformation was very successful, with Britain, France, and the entire HRE eventually becoming Protestant/Reformed (it was first everyone except Austria and Siena, and then the Protestants won the 30 Years War without even needing France's help). Of course, once I restored the Pentarchy, Catholicism in Europe was essentially finished.

I was hoping to get the revolution achievement at the end, but no country actually became revolutionary (though Russia and Poland suffered from the disaster, their capital was never occupied by revolutionaries). The USA formed early after France vassalized Brittany and set its colonial nations free. I find it a bit cute that there are colonial nations called "France" and "Georgia" coexisting with the USA, and that each contains roughly the provinces of that corresponding US state (though Georgia is missing a province, and Florida has an extra province or two). I colonized the last province in West Africa so I could get coring range to core South Georgia, after I sniped it from the British.

Overall this was a fun game, though a slow start against the Ottomans meant that I didn't expand as much as I'd have liked to.

uf9Q6zT.jpg

7QrDm4d.jpg

FIxNewH.jpg

6NKjCpm.jpg

HW9SGuf.jpg

lJHytFo.jpg

UAJYkjo.jpg

G6wUgCk.jpg

9fbpizo.jpg

Hp6lkp5.jpg

fmoN1qD.jpg

n6fC76h.jpg

69n59wp.jpg

QH4VYHa.jpg

xU3JeOe.jpg

n3rn8tZ.jpg

The Great(er) Khan .Ironman mode on hard. Looting , slaughtering and rebuilding the Mighty Mongol Empire.

Attachments

• 2015-01-16_00001.jpg
    2015-01-16_00001.jpg
    525,1 KB · Views: 79
  • 2015-01-16_00002.jpg
    2015-01-16_00002.jpg
    505,1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2015-01-16_00003.jpg
    2015-01-16_00003.jpg
    570,6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
My current Genoa game, 1610. First time playing a merchant republic. I decided to make "greed" a theme for this one, Traders are in control of the government 100% of the time, went for Trade and Economic ideas first, and except for the early land grab in the Caucassian region I mostly go for just the trade-relevant, high tax provinces. Feels like it just got big enough to be considered an empire.
xbaoei8.jpg

Interestingly, it feels like I barely conquer anything, and yet because I grab all the highest tax-base provinces I've got more coalitions against me than in any previous game. Some time after taking the screenshot I beat off Austria trying to reconquer Imperial land, only to then have to fight the Ottomans in a coalition war where they are aided by France and some minors. I don't think I can win this one.

Also, here are the "clearest" borders ever:
nst9c2Q.jpg

My African Power playthrough. it was a fun playthrough. Biggest enemy were the ottomans for sure, they had all of hungary,mamlukes, hejaz and all of persia. After one war they collapsed pretty badly, reducing them to the state they are in now.

i've also got a decent amount of islands in indonesia and inherited the spanish Colonial Nations.

Last edited:
My current Genoa game, 1610. First time playing a merchant republic. I decided to make "greed" a theme for this one, Traders are in control of the government 100% of the time, went for Trade and Economic ideas first, and except for the early land grab in the Caucassian region I mostly go for just the trade-relevant, high tax provinces. Feels like it just got big enough to be considered an empire.
xbaoei8.jpg

Interestingly, it feels like I barely conquer anything, and yet because I grab all the highest tax-base provinces I've got more coalitions against me than in any previous game. Some time after taking the screenshot I beat off Austria trying to reconquer Imperial land, only to then have to fight the Ottomans in a coalition war where they are aided by France and some minors. I don't think I can win this one.

Also, here are the "clearest" borders ever:
nst9c2Q.jpg

you should be thrown in jail for those borders.

gotta give him credit for roleplaying Genoa, keeping up the tradition of owning random provinces in random places

And thats why western civilization is doomed. lol

From our multiplayer game. 15 Basetax starting limit

Players:

Europe

Riga - Clayproof
Wallachia - emperorconstantinus
Saxony - Fekke100

Frankfurt - cepragassen
Hesse - Revenantwraith
Trier - Stonedog85

The Knights - Marajhasombra
Naxos - Emperorpoef
Tyrone - ilphen
Serbia - Poltorgeist
Ragusa - FunkMissil
MVP
Bremen - Trikamatari

Utrecht - Nemizrr
Bosnia - Andjac_
Brunswick - Niikuzao

Asia

Makassar - Docteur
Mewar - Knight_of_meh
Nepal - Jack___Napier
Kham - Umbasa29
Siak - Lucky

Taungoo - The Law
Kutai - SkurkMedW
Lan Na - Akanon

Mong Yang - DDRJake
Mongolia - KarlJohan
Yamana - Tandem

Malwa - Ugge

Africa

Zazzau - damienreave
Air - Kanud
Warsangali - Hydronum
Djerid - AElicious

New World

Huron - Citrusfo
Tarascan - Blaz11
Cherokee - Mugge517

Cusco - SloAgeriaGloris​

From our multiplayer game. 15 Basetax starting limit

Players:

Europe

Riga - Clayproof
Wallachia - emperorconstantinus
Saxony - Fekke100

Frankfurt - cepragassen
Hesse - Revenantwraith
Trier - Stonedog85

The Knights - Marajhasombra
Naxos - Emperorpoef
Tyrone - ilphen
Serbia - Poltorgeist
Ragusa - FunkMissil
MVP
Bremen - Trikamatari

Utrecht - Nemizrr
Bosnia - Andjac_
Brunswick - Niikuzao

Asia

Makassar - Docteur
Mewar - Knight_of_meh
Nepal - Jack___Napier
Kham - Umbasa29
Siak - Lucky

Taungoo - The Law
Kutai - SkurkMedW
Lan Na - Akanon

Mong Yang - DDRJake
Mongolia - KarlJohan
Yamana - Tandem

Malwa - Ugge

Africa

Zazzau - damienreave
Air - Kanud
Warsangali - Hydronum
Djerid - AElicious

New World

Huron - Citrusfo
Tarascan - Blaz11
Cherokee - Mugge517

Cusco - SloAgeriaGloris​

please tell Clayproof that he's a great player but his country borders have turned my eyes into lava.

Where's mong yang on the map though??