• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1) Thank you :)

2) Yes.

3) Used to be part of a massive PLC untill it imploded after I nommed on them.

4) I don' t know, actually. I bever really paid attention to Asia.

Also Oblio I ran out of time, I'm a bit of a scrub you see D:

Here's my achievement run with Tabarestan, to get Shahanshah, Silk Road and Unify Islam, just for fun. with hideous snakey borders!

236850_screenshots_2014-11-29_00002.jpg

Players mapmode to make it easier to see vassals and such

236850_screenshots_2014-11-29_00004.jpg

Proof of Ironman and Tabarestan

236850_screenshots_2014-11-29_00005.jpg

Teutonic Empire. +7 tolerance of the true faith and -7 tolerance of heretics, as it should be.
Gonna keep playing until client states and give land to ALL the orders!... I'm thinking the hospitallers can have China.
eu4_3_zps1b8d676d.png

Attachments

• eu4_3.png
    eu4_3.png
    3 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Another update on our co-op playthrough:
q7YL0lYg92.jpg

The Knights are Italy's march while Wallachia and Moldavia are mine - I let the Italy player keep the islands because his fleet was crucial in the first war against the Ottomans. We still didn't get around on wiping Austria off the map - but hey, at least we already divided it partially. :)

We also have to cut France down to size somehow - Bohemia vassalized the Netherlands when it first appeared, so we want to feed it its provinces.

The Empire of Theodoro has brought peace to the areas of Arabia and Persia. We have aided our faithful brothers of Greece in their time of need(With the help of some other nations, but it was us who led the vanguard!).

Now, we will will tame the wilds of India and quell the restless hordes of northern Asia. The Greeks, let alone world didn't know an eastern empire even when Alexander pointed the way. Know they will know of the Gothic Empire.

1F48F3304C7B3FC65678EE49096F3C3562B92719

786EDE966D522C7B255C2CD7F09BA7424E2E2C56

(Thank god Europe doesn't mind me pushing around the Muslims and Hindu's, My AE is off the charts. :p)

Last edited:
At long last, I have completed a WC! I did it as Austria, using transfer occupation/demand unlawful territory/grant electorship during war to vassalize the HRE in the 1480's. I then made sure to kill the colonizers, and then very very slowly protectorated America/Africa/Asia and conquered/vassalized the rest. The transfer occupation feature has made vassal feeding so much easier, since I could dump the overextension on my HRE vassals. The Imperialism CB is also great, since it again reduces the warscore cost (this plus 75% admin efficiency allows you to reduce giant countries to a single province in one war or annex all but one country of a multi-nation coalition) and reduces the DIP cost to 0.

I wasn't careful enough in Africa, so Morocco was able to colonize the province connecting them to West Africa, causing several West African nations to westernize and forcing me to vassalize them. I was fearful the same would happen in Asia, since Kazakh and Oirat took Economic ideas 5th instead of 6th, but I transfered uncoreable provinces to them, which would have prevented them from westernizing, even if they had reformed. Also, I was surprised that the South American OPM next to my West Indian CN did not westernize, but I found out that Natives need to border a EUROPEAN nation, not just a Western nation, to reform their Native government.

I almost missed the Siberian country of Chukchi, but they revealed themselves when they tried to take advantage of my war with Japan to invade Ryukyu. Ming colonized parts of Indonesia and South Africa, but I had made my South African provinces into a trade company, preventing them from westernizing.

Another neat trick: If you're at war with multiple Asian countries, say a small one and a giant one, you can protectorate the giant one by just 100%'ing the small one and occupying the capital of the large one. This was helpful in protectorating Malaya and Ming.

Vassal Shout-outs: Guyenne, Provence, Bar, and Normandy for partitioning France; Navarra, Genoa, Galicia, and Granada for partitioning Iberia; Tuscany for taking over Italy and parts of Egypt; Byzantium for taking over the Balkans and parts of Turkey; Genoa for taking over the Crimean, Caucasian, and parts of the Persian regions; Milan and Savoie for controlling Arabia; Mantua for controlling the Red Coast of Egypt (they never cored any of those Egyptian provinces, even though their DIP tech should have put them in colonial/coring range...); Bohemia, Brandenburg, Pommerania, and Livonian Order for partitionin Poland, Novgorod for becoming the new Russia, Bohemia for helping me partition Hungary, Tlemcen for replacing Morocco, and Kazakh and Oirat for forming the anti-westernization wall in Asia.

Without further ado here are the screenshots:

Here's the Old World before forming Greyskin: Gujrat became Milan's protectorate after I gave Milan Persia's last province, so I had to unite the HRE to get the WC achievement.
eu4_246.jpg

eu4_247.jpg

Here's the New World before forming Greyskin. Friesland was colonizing Texas (they took Exploration as their 7th idea group), so I had to break 2 truces to finish vassalize 2 African nations before Friesland caused some North American nations to westernize.
eu4_248.jpg

eu4_249.jpg

The player mapmode also colors my subjects, and apparently also colors my subjects' subjects.
eu4_250.jpg

Here is the full extent of the HRE before it was united and dissolved. By this point, all my European vassals were either in the HRE, including the Papal State and Byzantium, making the HRE actually Roman.
eu4_251.jpg

Here's my income before uniting the HRE. The vassal income is what it's supposed to be, but thanks to a bug, I was making less than 100 ducats from my vassals.
eu4_252.jpg

Right before forming the HRE.
eu4_266.jpg

I get the WC achievement the day after I press the button. Unfortunately, this event blocked the map at this important time.
eu4_268.jpg

Here's the Old World with the advent of Greyskin. It would have been better if I annexed the Ottomans and Egypt, but they hated me too much to be diploannexed in time.
eu4_269.jpg

eu4_270.jpg

As you can see, the Reformation was almost nonexistent, even though passing one of the later reforms claims that Princes can choose their religion. Guyenne went Reformed (and somehow lost their center of reformation), while Great Britain and Cornwall became Protestant, but were converted when those states were annexed (the COR in London magically disappeared without being converted, preventing me from getting the Center of Attention Achievement).
eu4_278.jpg

If you unite the HRE, you get all those provinces with the same autonomy they originally had, so 0% instead of 50% or 75%.
eu4_280.jpg

My trade income skyrocketed after annexing all of Europe and sending my 3 merchants to collect from the 3 European end nodes.
eu4_284.jpg

I also got every single trading bonus after forming the HRE!
eu4_288.jpg

In addition to the WC achievement, I also got My True Friend, Vasa or Wettin, Total Control, and That's a Silk Road. Being a minion master and watching my 1 million+ strong vassal army occupy all the things was very fun indeed, though transferring occupation of tens of provinces at once got tedious, especially since the list of vassals wasn't sorted the most optimally. Making sure nothing in the entire world went wrong was also annoying, but it was all worth it in the end. Hopefully, this will be the most tedious game of EU4 I'll ever play.

In conclusion, I have made the Hapsburg Motto come true. A.E.I.O.U: "All the world is subject to Austria."

Last edited:
Why is your Caribbean CN a different color from you?
Maybe they formed when he was still Brunswick. A CN's flag changes when they get a new overlord/their overlord forms another country, but the colour stays the same.

Maybe they formed when he was still Brunswick. A CN's flag changes when they get a new overlord/their overlord forms another country, but the colour stays the same.
Just checked for the flag change, it does happen. This leads to colonies potentially having the same flag (e.g. former castilian and portuguese colonies where portugal was annexed/inherited). Could be confusing, but at least they have the same overlord.

My Poland ->Commonwealth campaign:

5Ol9pTa.jpg

IcCr4N2.jpg

I have France and Sweden under PU, they decided to put a king of theirs dynasty on my throne while having no heir... bad decision!
Muscovy was weak and got a chance to vassalize them. Now they are colonizing Siberia for me.
I also have Milan and Catalunya as vassal.

Ideas: Influence, Humanist, Offensive, Aristocratic, Quality
Achievements so far: One King to Rule (abolishing the Sejm) + Winged Hussars

I just switched to Reformed since I had no more nation that I could peacefully vassalize.
Now I have to pick my next idea group... and I'm not really sure what to pick. My income is
not that great so I should probably pick trade but religious is also good in my current situation.

Suggestions :D ?

My Poland ->Commonwealth campaign:

5Ol9pTa.jpg

IcCr4N2.jpg

I have France and Sweden under PU, they decided to put a king of theirs dynasty on my throne while having no heir... bad decision!
Muscovy was weak and got a chance to vassalize them. Now they are colonizing Siberia for me.
I also have Milan and Catalunya as vassal.

Ideas: Influence, Humanist, Offensive, Aristocratic, Quality
Achievements so far: One King to Rule (abolishing the Sejm) + Winged Hussars

I just switched to Reformed since I had no more nation that I could peacefully vassalize.
Now I have to pick my next idea group... and I'm not really sure what to pick. My income is
not that great so I should probably pick trade but religious is also good in my current situation.

Suggestions :D ?

Clean up Europe/Egypt up to your border with Muscovy, then grab Anatolia and England. It looks like you got started on Arabia, but I'd just leave it where you are now.

Update to my Theodoro game. I've taken my first steps into India. Vassalized Malwa and fed them Jaunpur. I've completed my annexation of Arabia and Persia. Vassalized the small nation of Siak(After converting the area to Orthodoxy), feeding them the rest of Malaysia as I come off truce. Started on Africa and assisted Byzantium in further conquest of the Turks. Orthodoxy is surging in power as the Gothic empire expands.

So far, I've achieved:
Agressive Expander (Own 200 provinces.)
Total Control (Own 100 or more provinces with no local autonomy or unrest.)
It's all about luck (Win a battle against a great leader, without a leader.)

This is the first Ironman I've decided to play without going for one particular achievement so I'm trying to get to 1821.

The extent of our borders. Our Colonial vassal in Malaysia is the extent of our overseas control.
6833B669F522208610CCEA705DBC47EF2FF1578E

Orthodoxy will reign supreme, not even those violent Catholics will surpass us for long.
B84F561D835F9EB41186F7EE32103F61698425A6

Our Economy is sound. So much so, that I can afford to funnel resources into Malwa to help keep their rebels down, without directly wasting manpower. I don't even have trade ideas. :p
3ABD5C4B33863072CB4B38CF2E1228D736841442

Absolute power won't corrupt me, nor will any revolution effect me. Absolute monarchy is the way. Also, Gothic culture has started spreading to near by holy sites and previous horde provinces as our empire expands, more and more citizens wish to be Gothic, and those Gothic citizens stand guard over our most holiest of cities.
8697EE224B43C4AEDB8B23A6B3E9C21EF231B760

Last edited:
Woah, some of these are really impressive. Good jobs all around!

This was my very first Ironman so I picked France just to be safe. Didn't have much of a strategy going on, pretty straightforward claim/coring and annexing vassals (without feeding them beforehand). Definitely would've ended up a lot bigger if I knew what I was doing. It was still a lot of fun despite the 1.7 -> 1.8 patch causing some midgame shenanigans. Baguette OP.

2mwhtaa.jpg

Woah, some of these are really impressive. Good jobs all around!

This was my very first Ironman so I picked France just to be safe. Didn't have much of a strategy going on, pretty straightforward claim/coring and annexing vassals (without feeding them beforehand). Definitely would've ended up a lot bigger if I knew what I was doing. It was still a lot of fun despite the 1.7 -> 1.8 patch causing some midgame shenanigans. Baguette OP.

2mwhtaa.jpg

Good job!

What size army, income etc do you have? Also you should clean up those last few provinces in europe, just to make it look nicer.