• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No human players, just high-difficulity singleplayer fun. And no, Ming was just a lategame conquest when i was already strong enough to just roflstomp their inferior troops.

Then what happened with Genoa?? o_O

I got something similar in my current game as Spain. Genoa conquered Crimea. And yea... Mamluks also beat Ottomans.
N3tnuVk.png

I present to you... The mighty German empire!

331gn77.png

fyergm.png

mkc5du.png

My vassals and friends:
(Vassals are the Netherlands, Luxemburg and Bohemia.
1z4wj92.png

Religion mapmode:
My buddies Netherlands and Luxemburg are Reformed, like me. Poland also switched to reformed in the end, probably due to rebels.
15hlf1c.png

Other:

1zl86mp.png

Holy mother of Byzantium and Egypt, the Ottomans were the weakest I've ever seen them, they didn't even capture Constantinople.
This allowed Byzantium to survive and the Mamlukes to take alot of land and last up to the point of them forming Egypt!
I allied Byzantium as soon as I realized what was happening, and we've been buddies ever since.

Also..

e0pzjt.jpg

Never forget..

Last edited:
Then what happened with Genoa?? o_O

Crimea was big and strong at some moment, was owning all of Kazan and most of ex-Muscovian territories, but then, Novgorod along with Commonwealth just started to obliterate them. And Genoa joined the fun at some point :D

Exact German Empire Borders... Not a single province missing or too much... Very respectable!

Thanks!

I didn't want to become too much of a blobby powerhouse so I decided to look up Germany's 1914 borders and go with that.
Afterwards all I really wanted was to expand my sphere of influence a bit, and once that was done I began doing world police related things.

Also I was the Holy roman emperor, however with only a few princes left it barely mattered, since I couldn't pass any reforms.

That's the end of my Saxony game:

eu4-sachsen.jpg

The Ewiger Landfriede was a big problem for me. About 35 years I had no chance to start a war... After becoming emperor in 1722 proclaiming Erbkaisertum and revoking the Privilegia was quiet easy. France and Austria where long time friends (>250 years), but after becoming Emperor both hated me. Austria is now gone and France lost 'some' provinces...

Also..

e0pzjt.jpg

Never forget..
:eek:hmy: I wasn't even aware you could get six siege generals! That is impressive.

I'm currently playing a Germany game myself. It's been interesting so far... somehow I managed to inherit both France and GB! They've been very helpful in my wars against Super-Austria and Spain. Coalitions are annoying, though.

Are you Emperor, or did you decide not to bother with it?

I played a Cherokee game for the "No Trail of Tears" achievement and a couple of other goals. These included colonizing/conquering all of America above Mexico, converting all my provinces to Cherokee culture, and building a manufactory in every possible province. Since I achieved all there goals, I decided to stop here, since it was getting really boring. Allying with France made wars against Iberia trivial.

Interestingly, I now have no foreign cores on any of my provinces (so I can't release any vassals), except Castilian Mexican cores on two of my provinces that would expire in about 10 years. I was hoping for higher production and trade incomes, but I guess what I have is plenty. Maybe if I had waited long enough to take trade ideas and max out trade and production efficiency.

eu4_1521.jpg

eu4_1520.jpg

eu4_1522.jpg

eu4_1523.jpg

eu4_1524.jpg

eu4_1525.jpg

eu4_1526.jpg

eu4_1527.jpg

eu4_1528.jpg

eu4_1529.jpg

eu4_1530.jpg

eu4_map_CHE_1744_01_03_1.jpg

More fun from Clevesland...

Was allied with Spain for quite some time, untill they eventually rivaled me out of the clear blue sky, per usual AI behavior.

They rivaled me, I cut them in half

Fz2Ehgi.jpg

Love luring AI do(dumb)stacks into the mountains and then dogpiling them.

Between Spain rivaling me and me attacking their face, a huge blobtastic muslim Algiers (who controls all of North Africa and has at least an 80k standing army) decided to throw me an alliance offer. I believe this is the first time I've seen a muslim ally me as a catholic nation. They also had Spain as a rival, after Spain rivaled me I rivaled them. Perhaps it was just meant to be. I have no intention of going into Africa anyway, so I am willing to bet me and Algiers will be buds for life.

Just look at all these wars they followed me into...

Y4pNyhm.jpg

True bromode. Not even the same religious group.

Naturally I had to return the favor against England, Algiers called me into. England is a longtime coalition member of mine so I thought why not.

wRNs4i2.jpg

Note the war title. "Algerian Jihad against England"

Lol... calling a christian nation into a jihad against another christian... too funny.

Still. They set foot on my land... and...

X5UdeSg.jpg

Whew. Not taking any land-based Military idea trees really makes you weak. Poor England.

Not long after, I notice on my very far Eastern border (formerly vassal Croatia I annexed due to needing moar diplo points/relation slots)

Ol' turk is getting a little big for his britches...

0II3QEw.jpg

Why does the AI go so far above forcelimit? They were not in any wars when I took the screenie...

Nonetheless, couldn't let them get too stronk.

rzafuAo.jpg

Ottoman units really far behind in mid/late game. Wipe em up!

And here is the world currently, after eating a huge bite off the Ottomans and releasing Serbia + Bulgaria and annexing them.

Very ugly borders of course, but you can see my path as I dismantle/ahniliate majors. Starting as Cleves, obviously Burgundy was first. Kicked Hainaut, Brabant, Holland, Flanders, etc out of them as my vassals (not all in one war of course)

Followed by Austria, because I was allied to France during that period. Kicked Styria out of them, eviscerated them enough after that as to make them insignificant, didn't completely remove them from the map.

Next came France, who rivaled me after I had a long border with them after annexing my vassals I got out of (formerly) Burgundian lands.

Ironically, I knocked Burgundy out of France. Later in the 1570s I had to rush and get Guyenne out of them too as their cores were disappearing and I did not want to core high basetax French lands myself. Early 1600s got Provence and Normandy out of them as well. The rest I will have to core unfortunately, and not looking forward to 17 base tax Paris... May just vassalize France itself, even though they must have like 600 AE against me by now.

After France, I went and cleaned up some minors, Frankfurt, Mainz, etc in several huge coalition wars. At some point (I don't remember) Brandenburg joined one of the wars as an ally, not as a coalition member, so I could seperate peace them, and they became a vassal as well.

After that, I went and slapped Spain as you can see, got Aragon as a vassal from lands I took, + Navarra for me (cheap to core) and Viscaya (also cheap)

And then came the Ottomans. Will continue eating Spain and kebab, perhaps will move East.

What happens if you completely annex a nation with colonial nations, or if their mother country otherwise disappears/is conquered? What happens to their colonial nations?

Allies in last screenie:

England, Algiers, Poland (PU member Lithuania by extension), Sweden.

Vassals in last screenie

Aragon (almost done feeding), OPM Savoy (feeding back its cores), Switzerland (about halfway done), OPM German Munster, (lost provinces when Pope lost Rome), 2 colonial nations.

nTta2lG.jpg

Hosokawa Japan.

Started with landing on Manchu, then Oirat+colonising meet Muscowy at Narim, blocked them from Siberia and i started to eat Hordes, in war with Crimea, made them release Genoa cores and then started westernizing ~ year 1560 ended ~1580 (about 16 years).
While in westernization process had wars with both Ottomans(because of call to arms from Mameluks) and huge Timurids(they just saw chance while i was fighting Ottomans and dowed me), Timurids was so huge, first time seeing them that sizes, they ruled from Oman up to Mings, i manage somehow to beat them both. ^_^

France ruled most of europe+Iberia, then one day i got called in war with them and i decide to take all Castile cores back/release Castile as vassal.

Anyway, have played with both Sweden and Brandenburg, but i have not had so easy battles ever, i could easy beat anyone without needing to involve more troops than enemy, In few point battles with french loses was ticking at about 500 vs. 4800 each tick in fire phases, that was like: oo they are attacking my 25k sieging troops on Plains without rivers etc. with 2x 60k stacks, at first i was thinking better to retreat with all my other stacks or they will wipe me, but after few days in battle i saw french loosing about 20k, so started to pull all free troops in Iberia to that battle, manage to pull to battle additional 60k troops(i had a couple hard battles won with them, originally they were a few stacks summing 105k, waiting for recovery), at a moment from my defending stack was left little below 17k, yet i won that battle with losing only 23k while french retreated with ~37k, ahhh :rolleyes:

24E184DEEF45F7CC805461910BBCCF5F2D2DE47D

DB77305D33856FC9BAC29C169401E52B5DEE6138

8773F80BA1DDC4D69333785AED5393129D6433BE

C442337E3D2E93A5D8A068DDEF25C132685EBBEC

75FB0AE5D7B702F8858F0E786538297B4935D2A0

1B9CBFFDAB82596BD8F707A161E1BD09F49A950C

84231FBC3AD1C7662AF2D6091CDAA703525F1697

474A000E506A76FDD0D6F079D144160533DF5626

8BC704121BB2E439D98D65CE683FCB6919CBDC40

Hosokawa Japan.

Started with landing on Manchu, then Oirat+colonising meet Muscowy at Narim, blocked them from Siberia and i started to eat Hordes, in war with Crimea, made them release Genoa cores and then started westernizing ~ year 1560 ended ~1580 (about 16 years).
While in westernization process had wars with both Ottomans(because of call to arms from Mameluks) and huge Timurids(they just saw chance while i was fighting Ottomans and dowed me), Timurids was so huge, first time seeing them that sizes, they ruled from Oman up to Mings, i manage somehow to beat them both. ^_^

France ruled most of europe+Iberia, then one day i got called in war with them and i decide to take all Castile cores back/release Castile as vassal.

Anyway, have played with both Sweden and Brandenburg, but i have not had so easy battles ever, i could easy beat anyone without needing to involve more troops than enemy, In few point battles with french loses was ticking at about 500 vs. 4800 each tick in fire phases, that was like: oo they are attacking my 25k sieging troops on Plains without rivers etc. with 2x 60k stacks, at first i was thinking better to retreat with all my other stacks or they will wipe me, but after few days in battle i saw french loosing about 20k, so started to pull all free troops in Iberia to that battle, manage to pull to battle additional 60k troops(i had a couple hard battles won with them, originally they were a few stacks summing 105k, waiting for recovery), at a moment from my defending stack was left little below 17k, yet i won that battle with losing only 23k while french retreated with ~37k, ahhh :rolleyes:

24E184DEEF45F7CC805461910BBCCF5F2D2DE47D

DB77305D33856FC9BAC29C169401E52B5DEE6138

8773F80BA1DDC4D69333785AED5393129D6433BE

C442337E3D2E93A5D8A068DDEF25C132685EBBEC

75FB0AE5D7B702F8858F0E786538297B4935D2A0

1B9CBFFDAB82596BD8F707A161E1BD09F49A950C

84231FBC3AD1C7662AF2D6091CDAA703525F1697

474A000E506A76FDD0D6F079D144160533DF5626

8BC704121BB2E439D98D65CE683FCB6919CBDC40

One of the best Japanese games ever, my respect !