• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can you survive against Russia as Poland/CW?
I never had problems with that - when i conquered parts of Ottomans, Silesia and other provinces and i had Austria as ally, I could easily defend against Russia. Well, not win, but defend, even without help of Austria. And i didn't have wars with Russia until XVII century.

My attempt at Ironman Byzantium, did it mainly for the Basileus achievement!

Basileus.jpg

1183hqd.png

5da1wh.jpg

Man, would you look at that coalition war!

7dCuEIl.jpg

Haha nice try HRE/Russia/Scandinavia/England/Portugal/Spain but no.

j43nhpO.jpg

Hey hey guys look I got a Mare Nostrum of sorts and Unify Islam!

NoE3rfz.jpg

I think I wound up with some other achievement too...which was it again? Probably not important. Oh yeah, I forced a PU of a 2PM away from Timurids. Yeah. I got that one.

I managed to convert Roma, but it sucks w/o any boosts. It took me 111 months or some such because I had no inquisitor, fortunately I had 5 missionaries so that doesn't slow you down much. HRE was getting near to 1000 AE with me towards the end there, not that it matters compared to say 50-100 :D.

Last edited:
How epic was it with Mongolian Empire vs. f'n BBB?

Mongols vs France (with Iberia) I recorded, and that war was the final episode. France was weaksauce compared to the giant HRE + Russia alliance in the Granada game, I could have full annexed them in 1 more war. It was certainly interesting to tear Europe a new one with super Granada. I didn't westernize and had 5 completed military groups...I was THIS close to tech 32 too but w/e. Wars weren't so bad mostly, but lots of concentration to deal with 100's of HRE units without getting caught by stacks without general (and catching their stacks w/o and wiping before they can reinforce). Late game if you farm 40-50% WS from battles you can take a lot pretty quickly. I was pressed against ADM income rather than conquest rate after hitting ADM 29.

http://imgur.com/IjNUMoS

Overall a very very fun game, at one point I was the only hindu nation in the northern half of india....and I had 4 provinces at the time. I ended the with maxed mil tech. I was able to easily handle everyone minus the Ottomans who well just beat my armies if I used the mountains I could defend myself but by the end game they had double my troop numbers....and were allied to the Holy Roman Empire.... Yeah. Luckily Russia never picked a fight with me. I ended the game at war with vijaya and the ottoderps. I was holding my group against vijaya but the ottoderps were simply to many. I managed to slow them down and pick off siege stacks but that was about all I could do. Keep my army on forced march and simply evade their doomstacks.

Mewar as a nation actually has a very very interesting history, they were by far the most resilient of the Rajput states, waging a guerilla war against the Mughals for quite a long period of time. Their tactics would be mimicked by the marathas who 100 years later would bring the Mughals to their knees.

everytime I try to put it in as a picture all I get are x's.
http://imgur.com/UXnoMEg

Last edited:
My Golden Horde game looking for The Great Khan achievement :

3JTGj4w.jpg

Got it with 60 years to go (I think), so marched into India which was consolidated by Vijayanagar apart from the north.
I decided to stay a horde and I've got to say they can handle the western powers. Had many wars with France and England as they'd made protectorates/guaranteed most of Asia.
Stack wiped them at times when I had good rolls, but then also got stack wiped at times with bad rolls. Only thing that dissapointed me was that I took ages to conquer China.
Wanted to march on Europe after Asia was taken, shame.

Dd5CmX2.jpg

Easily one of the funnest nations to play as!

Time for my Iroquois Empire(global map on different pc, Ill put it on later)
Btw I reloaded only 1 time and that was cause my westernization failed first time since last time I played non western country(dont count in otto and Eastern tech groups cause they can pretty much stay in theirs) was back in 1.1 or 1.2 Dont remember exactly so I didnt know to what extent the changes in game were from personal experience, some might say I save scummed, but thats for you to decide, This was non ironman with Lucky Nations turned on.

First its The Religion and ideas.
With this setup and policies i had 40% infantry combat and 137% discipline still I was barely able to compete 3-1 against OTTOMAN and France when they invaded my country, good thing i had 5k mpm :D. This is maybe the 2nd time in all of my games i took quantity(first time i took it as Muscovy Russia, and we all know whats Russian cannon fodder like :D)
0558A3E385376F30CC20C2C2A62CE852ED8CB98C
Greenish USA.. oh wait IROQUOIS btw there shouldn't be USA event firing If there is no eu colony there,cause that happened...Westernization was a bitch cause I went for expansion and exploration ideas so I could claim as much outside provinces to block out European nations(I was 1 day late to block of mexico so i had british colonize some parts and later on they had to concede them :D
D592B75CAB788CB0A50CC1649F84A924C4BB1F36
My Asian holdings, maybe i should have moded the game and add some different color cause Portugal,Ayutthaya and me have really almost the same color.I only went down there for the extra decision in the end i grabbed alot of land and got extra cash which was nice.Japanese was accepted culture btw xD DOMO ARRIGATO.
16DF74D746AD030F7D48B5AE22FBD39BDE2270A2
And the Europe, I don't have anything there but it looks rly strange(I made FRANCE return some cores to HRE, also HRE AI on troops need work 120k stack standing still while Ottomans just siege province by province...) Funny thing here is that Teutonic survived as catholic so no Pussia, HRE looks rly strong but they are weak and even if they were my allies I didnt invite them into war against France and Ottomans otherwise they would have been crushed
49C1EEC6834051D8B5BA5304FB1B76FB8A8BC0EC
Full score, I had higher score than in some other games and for some reason I won the game
1E52AE0F9BA9CE13D00B65367812E9ECF785C23F

Bonus Pic
for those that played fallout we all remember Caesar legion so I give you. Now that i think about it we should make Fallout mod for EU4 that would be pretty kewl. Also he lived for 71 years :D.

8A9ED02E30EB233F7963A724280BCB425FFAB3E0

p.s maybe i should slow down with EU4 this is like 3rd game finished in about a week or so

Last edited:
I finally finished my Poland->PLC game. I wanted to test out the new elective monarchy mechanics...I did not really like this government type, though this was before they hotfixed it so that foreign heirs gave 90 legitimacy instead of 20. I was able to become an Absolute Monarchy eventually.

After PUing Lithuania and allying Austria, I annexed TO and vassalized LO. Then I vassalized and fed Novgorod. Unfortunately, I barely missed stopping Muscovy from colonizing, so I had to keep fighting them until I annexed them.

Denmark had inherited its PU's, but lost them to rebels. Later, I got lucky PU's on both France and Denmark within a short span of time. I then spent the next few years feeding Denmark its cores on all of Scandinavia. Annexing them took a lot of DIP points, but it was worth it, since it helped me monopolize the Baltic and Lubeck nodes (I moved my trade capital to the latter and conquered Northern Germany). I decided to keep France alive to have effortless siege power. In addition, I reallied with Austria, and thus I could defeat any opponent, even the Ottomans.

Firstly though, I used France and Austria to dismantle the HRE: Austria lost the Emperorship to Sardinia-Piedmont, so after a couple of no CB wars and allying half the electors, the HRE was dismantled (legitimizing that achievement, which I actually got by forming the HRE), which is why Austria was able to blob so much. They vassalized Bohemia and annexed them in August 1820, only a few months before the end of the game.

In the last century, I was focused on annexing Crimea and crippling the Ottomans. I forced them to release nations and return cores. Once Iraq and Syria were released, everything below Turkey was overseas, so I was able to release all the countries for very low amounts of warscore (possibly with the help of Administrative Efficiency). The Ottomans, unfortunately, reconquered Bulgaria (which was released as an Ibadi nation) and were about to reconquer Iraq when the game ended...

Poland+Humanism=Lots of accepted cultures! The most notable are Russian and Tartar, but I also accepted some German cultures, as well as Danish. Contrary to some other, I did briefly have Lithuanian as an accepted culture, but lost them after conquering large amounts of Horde territory. In addition, I had full tolerance of heretics, so once the province flipping events started to happen too frequently for me to convert them back, I decided to just convert heathens, since there was no need to convert heretics.

I of course got the Winged Hussars achievement, and it was fun building half-cav armies and using high shock generals to stackwipe Ottoman stacks in a single battle. I also decided to get the Grand Armada Achievement, but I was only a couple of months away from running out of money since I had exceeded my forcelimits by 3 or 4 fold, and I had to build 7 ships in each province and thus suffer the high ship maintenance costs for much longer. Finally, I did indeed get into space!

Finally, some random observations: I built the Kiel canal, the AI formed Hindustan and expanded a lot, a nice Persia, England and Portugal dominating the Americas, with Castile for once getting the short end of the stick. Austria colonized Africa, Castile and England split the Australian region (the former getting 2 Australian provinces and all of New Zealand, and the latter colonizing the rest of Australia), and Egypt formed from the released Mamluks.

This was a great game! Next up (probably) is another shot at the Netherlands, but this time from Burgundy...

eu4_1037.jpg

eu4_1038.jpg

eu4_1039.jpg

eu4_1040.jpg

eu4_1041.jpg

eu4_1042.jpg

eu4_1043.jpg

eu4_1044.jpg

eu4_1045.jpg

eu4_1046.jpg

eu4_1047.jpg

eu4_1048.jpg

eu4_1049.jpg

eu4_map_PLC_1821_01_01_1.jpg

Last edited:
First its The Religion and ideas.
With this setup and policies i had 40% infantry combat and 137% discipline still I was barely able to compete 3-1 against OTTOMAN and France when they invaded my country, good thing i had 5k mpm . This is maybe the 2nd time in all of my games i took quantity(first time i took it as Muscovy Russia, and we all know whats Russian cannon fodder like )

What does "mpm" stand for?

What's this you say?? Second at military points increase???

r1fkuFC.jpg

This must be fixed. Perhaps later, we can pay them a little visit

4guFywq.jpg

BONUS:

Welcome to Japan!

C24FADE52D4C8FC7CF61738604F9C89C8EB75C91

Last edited:
2qtg50m.jpg

63zj0z.jpg

5zllqc.jpg

euq6bc.jpg

Here is my Cherokee game, did it for the achievement on the second try, in the first one I failed bad when westernising because I tried it too soon after changing government so I had very little legitimacy.
The initial goal was to do the achievement but as the game went on I started to think bigger, first to have all of north america, then to have all of america and finally to have some land in europe which I managed to do by having Scotland, Munster and Brittany as vassals.
I also posted asia because of that Zhou and the Timurids.
Also I am catholic, converted during westernisation.

Attachments

• 2014-07-21_00002.jpg
    2014-07-21_00002.jpg
    233,7 KB · Views: 57
  • 2014-07-21_00003.jpg
    2014-07-21_00003.jpg
    238,8 KB · Views: 58
  • 2014-07-21_00004.jpg
    2014-07-21_00004.jpg
    252,6 KB · Views: 58
Reactions:
First post; image tags for Steam images don't seem to work so I'll try posting as links (I can't do attachments because of not enough posts maybe?).

First, Savoy->Italy in the 1.6.1.x beta. Was emperor towards the end for coring bonus but had no chance of revoking because of how much AE I had.
Italy

Next, my just completed Great Khan.
Golden Horde

This one was pretty interesting. I started it in 1.7, finished in 1.7.3. I got unlucky with Denmark keeping the PU over Sweden and keeping the alliance with Russia for a long time, and with Ottos and Timurids being allies the whole game, but everything else went well. Playing the alliances to engage Crimea without Ottos joining was fun, and I even got to abuse the vassal annexation glitch before the patch -- I was late to the party attacking Georgia (prioritized getting Samara first), and somehow managed to have Qara vassalize Georgia, then end up in a war with Qara without being in war with Georgia. So I stalled until my truce with Georgia was up, then attacked them to get into a war involving Georgia and not Qara, which let me full annex Qara (and release as vassal) via the bug.