• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How'd you colonize all that land so quickly?

Native colonization (native idea) will give you 1 colonist from the start, -100% Admin Technology cost (native idea) lets you reach Admin Tech 4 in a fair amount of time (about 1500 each tech level), and then you'll be able to buy the full Exploration idea tree with the Diplo points you saved. So that's 3 colonists, and the economic power to mantain 5 colonies growing at all times comfortably (and I still had a huge army and fleet, and +3 advisors, at least before reforming my government which removes all the wonderful native buildings and bonuses). Unless the Europeans are extremely quick in their colonization, and they usually aren't, you can safely shut off your continent.

Honestly, I think the best country in the world if you want to colonize North America quickly and without opposition is, by far, a Native American tribe right now :p

-Castile and Portugal rivaled me for a while, but Portugal now just feels threatened. The rest of Europe doesn't care.
Did you had problems with them actually going to war against you ? I've to fight back the spanish zerg twice and basically won with attrition and guerrilla tactics, that was quite fun tough, now I'm about to push them out of america.

Did you had problems with them actually going to war against you ? I've to fight back the spanish zerg twice and basically won with attrition and guerrilla tactics, that was quite fun tough, now I'm about to push them out of america.

Yes, I had some wars with them. After a time (I had naval superiority by then) they accepted money but no land concessions so we signed peace. My attempts at actually fighting them while still having Native technology were... disheartening.

I trolled the Belgians by naming my Dutch colony after their country :)

9649EC4F2CCE00457BCBCE09F7B7A4D3212985E0

Nah, never fight a protracted land war against Russia!

Oh contrare, always fight a protracted land war in Russia when your manpower gain is double the Russians.

And what a sight it shall be, the Russian's losing to human wave tactics.

Oh contrare, always fight a protracted land war in Russia when your manpower gain is double the Russians.

And what a sight it shall be, the Russian's losing to human wave tactics.

When I did fight the Russians, I depleted their manpower and reduced their army from 250k to 50k, but I didn't want to siege all those provinces, so I peaced out for a few provinces that weren't even connected to the rest of Russia.

My current Sioux Ironman game:
4B780CB5E28332001CE71B6F0B5391245F48C6AB

Its been mostly a learning experience about the new mechanics, so I made several mistakes (sometimes intentional to see what would happen).

- currently fully westernized and converted to catholicism
- I have 10+ gold provinces so inflation is a real concern
- Migration mechanic at start for OPMs is actually quite entertaining

When I did fight the Russians, I depleted their manpower and reduced their army from 250k to 50k, but I didn't want to siege all those provinces, so I peaced out for a few provinces that weren't even connected to the rest of Russia.

Siege only Moscow then. That's always guaranteed to make the Russian's surrender.

Right?

Bizarro Ottomans show the Crusaders how it's done.

HgiVUkx.jpg

Orthodox Emperor is amazing. Convert princes while they're still small, then get the bigger ones with Enforce Religious Unity. They can't switch back out of Orthodoxy, so they'll just stay that way--even Bohemia--no matter how many provinces flip. Which is not many, anyway.

Crazy coring cost with Hofgericht:

54tzqFZ.jpg

Last edited:
Bizarro Ottomans show the Crusaders how it's done.

HgiVUkx.jpg

Orthodox Emperor is amazing. Convert princes while they're still small, then get the bigger ones with Enforce Religious Unity. They can't switch back out of Orthodoxy, so they'll just stay that way--even Bohemia--no matter how many provinces flip. Which is not many, anyway.

Crazy coring cost with Hofgericht:

54tzqFZ.jpg

Looks like you'll get WC after all huh? So much for the baseline :p

My second game, as Aceh/Malaya. Have colonized the entire Pacific except for Galapagos. I've been using my ally Jaunpur in India and I've been allied with Mamluks regaining their lost lands from the Ottomans. Swahili will be annexed soon. Have a new naval base in Malta but my Mediterranean fleet is based from Mamluk ports.

View attachment 99262

My small Lithuaninan kingdom

It's my maybe 5th game so don't be very angry
2D13BAEA5EB70D4C8A4B000B568201FDF7D10319

3E3670CB73063A1EB20110714B071CC76C9A8714

Kazan is protectorate, Holstein is vassal. Outside of map we can see there is a not very big colony in South America near Rio De Zhaneiro, some parts of Honduras, part of Malaysia, Taiwan and part of Western Africa. Yes, colonial expansion was made thru Gibraltar, which is Lithuanian since maybe 1500-1550. Maybe, someone suggest a way to export a text history of rulerships in final score?

How do you become emperor as Orthodox nation? Won't you have -1000 for heretic religion?