• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sauna's for everyone!!!

Finaly managed to colonize and core last province on the map. At 1700 I was really scared that I couldn't make it so I started using my 1000K of stashed gold and burned it all down to 100K. Just barely managed to finish colonizing by 1819. This was CK2 convert and this will hopefully fill my needs for WC. No cheating was done throught ck2->eu4

Those who make WC's even with Austria are truly patient people. With my pace I took out last country in 1780 and I had all of ck2 europe at start :D I can truly never make a wc the normal way. :(

Glory for Finland!!!

eu4_47.png

That is simply amazing. You are to be congratulated.

(And I am so envious - I want to do the same thing with Ireland.)

Hindu religion is worst religion i know, except for those that required killing people/require killing people. You should become christian or buddhist. Or even muslim. Hindu = evil.

For bonuses, Hindu is a lot better than Buddhist or Confucian. +2 toleration for heretics and heathens? Really? At least Hindu gives you a 5% tax bonus. In that region, I'd go Shiite, because of moral boost and 100% heir chance. And if I could, go Protestant, though highly unlikely.

My vanilla Ironman game of Najd.

AF687E6B5605D5EF20346EED74ED845ED83FBA3E

For bonuses, Hindu is a lot better than Buddhist or Confucian. +2 toleration for heretics and heathens? Really? At least Hindu gives you a 5% tax bonus. In that region, I'd go Shiite, because of moral boost and 100% heir chance. And if I could, go Protestant, though highly unlikely.

Its actually better to go Shiite, since -10% Tech cost beats the crap out of -10% Idea cost.

Shiite is defiantly better than Sunni, but Sunni is far more convinient to switch to, because of how rare the Shiites are and the fact you will likely have to convert your entire realm from scratch.

But best of all is to either go Christian or start off Christian, enact all the decent Christian decisions, than switch to Muslim.

Did you go for low or high piety? And I assume you fought wars constantly on multiple fronts? How did you manage that with a limited number of troops?

Also, did you get PUs over anyone, like Crimea? How did you expand into the hordes?

West Africa is easy as long as you get exploration which I skiped and got expansion too late, in my game literally every european power put 1-2 of their colonys on the shore so would have been a pain fighting each one for just 1-2 provinces, or maybe I was just too lazy for it. :p

Inner parts are also easy, Mali and the other locals can't really do anthing against you and it shouldn't generate that much AE with the europeans, however by the time I got a border with Mali they already cleaned up the place and with nations losing their cores as of now would have had to manually core it all.However if you get exploration early and colonise the shore should be able to grab west africa with little to no effort, just didn't think of it much when starting this game.

As for Piety, go for high piety for easy conversion, think I had a missionary working all the time with no pause cause of all the christan/hindu/confucian/buddhist provinces I had to all convert.I was leading tech already and income was never an issue so never found a reason to go low piety.

Zero PUs were formed by me or anyone really, which is really a shame as it helps me alot if say Austria gets Hungary or Castile/Spain gets Aragon.Crimea I allied early on but still kept their expansion in check by warring their allies (they allied the Mamluks even) and forcing them to release anything they got so could have an easier time vassalising later.Basically make sure they don't expand past their initial borders or if they do, just dow their ally and seperate peace them but try to not take the territory yourself or if you do remove their cores on it in a war after.You can indirectly help another horde like the Golden Horde to beat them so they take their border, they will still like you and will be small enough to vassalise, after that, just feed them back whatever they lost.

For expanding into the hordes its the same vassal feeding trick, ally/diplo vassal whichever horde got hit hard and small enough to vassalise, then get them their cores back, force the big hordes to release whatever they annexed and vassalise that aswell till every horde is small enough to be vassalised and yeah, always try to expand somewhere, if you got truces in the east check what you can get in the west meanwhile, but you won't be able to do much in europe after 1600, not efficently anyway so keep that in mind.You should also try to avoid getting coalitions against you in the east, you really don't want to be forced to do nothing for 5 years, always try to use the return territory peace deals for your vassals to skip AE generation, don't worry about needing to split your armys, I could fight in 4 fronts if needed against the asian powers, just have a decent sized army (30-40k) at the main theaters for wars/rebels and your fine, noone will even remotly stand a chance so might aswell keep most of your troops in europe/north africa.

oh and don't bother allying any european power, even France is pointless, they will only get you into pointless wars, the only thing diplo relation slots should be reserved for is vassals or to be vassals, don't be afraid to go over your diplo relation limit as long as you get atleast 6-7 DIP a month

I speak about reality. Caste system comes from religion and with religion.

oh and don't bother allying any european power, even France is pointless, they will only get you into pointless wars, the only thing diplo relation slots should be reserved for is vassals or to be vassals, don't be afraid to go over your diplo relation limit as long as you get atleast 6-7 DIP a month

Early game as Sweden, I found an alliance with Poland/Lithuania pretty helpful against Muscovy (even in 1444 its the 800 lb gorilla of the region) and a decent way to protect my western flanks. It also helps that Poland/Lithuania tends to go after Teutonic Order/Livonian Order which means even if they do call you in you can just sit it out and wait for them to win the war by themselves.

Started as Muscovy, never had any real trouble but it was nice for constant warmongering and learning the ropes in the process :)
Next time I will probably try to take all of Asia, but here France and Spain having land in India made me renounce it as I didn't want to start a world war for a couple of provinces.

The horde out to prove that bows are cooler than guns. (But they do enjoy cannons.)
eu4_GOL_1816_11_28_a_zps87145d55.jpg

Normal mode to see if I would ever want to try Ironman. For me, the answer is no. :D Multiple starts and some wars replayed for better effectiveness. Unluckily, not one PU throughout the game, though same dynasty as the Ottomans for a very long time. Denmark was in PU with France since 1576 (-56% chance to inherit! If France can't inherit, can anyone?), so I couldn't move up there. Poland and Lithuania stayed in a PU for quite a while, and were allied after it ended, along with France/Austria/HRE at times, so that was a no go as well. All I could do was go east and south. Netherlands (annexed by HRE) beat me to the far eastern provinces.

Non-reformed until the end because I wanted to keep the bigger army. Mil tech 28.

Americas:
eu4_GOL_1816_11_28_b_zps022090e6.jpg

(Now I see that Mongol Khanate on the previous page. Much nicer. :( )

I finally finished my Ming game! I finally learned how to properly vassal feed, and the Middle Kingdom now holds all of East and Southeast Asia, India, and Oceania. I might have converted everything to Confucian if I didn't keep getting that event that converts my provinces to heathens because of my high tolerance for them...

As you can see, I built a manufactory in every allowed province, which made my Production income for once a significant portion. Austria and later HRE held Russia under a PU for centuries, and Bohemia holds France under a PU...

eu4_229.jpg

eu4_230.jpg

eu4_231.jpg

eu4_232.jpg

eu4_228.jpg

eu4_233.jpg

eu4_234.jpg

eu4_235.jpg

eu4_236.jpg

eu4_237.jpg

eu4_238.jpg

eu4_239.jpg

Last edited:
645B1A30D321BE4B075E6CD064EA571FC0B21512

This is my Tuscany game. I formed Italy than took over the hre then formed the hre.

my last austria playthrough. tried to play as realistic as possible.
notable things:
spain inherited france, and great britain inherited lithuania.
i wasnt able to beat burgundy because they were basically allied with every strong nation.

my current game: aztec.
notable things: fully westernised, completely catholic.
I'll try to claim all the left provinces on the american continent.

My Ottoman > Byzantium game. Not as spectacular as the Byzantine empire a few pages back, but I'm still quite proud.

byzantium01.jpg

byzantium02.jpg

A quick how to:
1) start as Ottomans
2) full annex (Albania and) Byzantium
3) vasalize Candar
4) sell provinces to Candar (and/or duldakir or w/e vasal) enough to make Greek culture a majority and shift
5) wait for Orthodox rebels and let them take over a province
6) After selling even more provinces to Candar I was able to accept the demands of the Orthodox rebels (Orthodoxy was now a majority religion)
7) re-found the Byzantine empire! You get all the Byzantine events and missions, but keep the Ottoman tech level and national decisions.

Sadly my expansion was blocked off by a Ferera leading a personal union with France, a Hungary allied to half of Europe, and a coalition from Iraq to Shan for most of the game (Persia esp. being massive early on). Nonetheless a fun, albeit cheeky way to play Byzantium.

Finished the Mongol campaign I was showing off in the other topic:

J5orKXB.jpg

mrvnjPT.jpg

Didn't make it as far west as I would've wanted, but at least the borders are nice. Blobbomans (early PU with Crimea) and Russia were kicking my ass until the last 50 or so years, but I got my payback with interest in the end, utterly destroying their manpower pools in grand wars of attrition (horde ideas + aristocracy + offensive + quantity = ridiculous manpower).

t81pPYi.png

Rest of the world looks pretty awful at first, but there are some cool things like colonial revolters and a surviving Middle Kingdom. Hungary under PU with Russia, Austria (who were already once integrated by Spain) under Aragon and emperor is 3pm Wurttemberg. Ottomans were pushing much deeper into Russia until I managed to destroy them, they almost had Moscow surrounded and probably would've taken it without my interference...).

Oh, and Scotland survives in the colonies, with their capital in South America.

Beautiful. Reminds me of my ck2 - eu3 mongol game.

I've noticed an Asian trend the last few post, so who am I to change this trend? Here is my Brunei->Malaya Empire. This was my first competed game on ironman. I got 3 new achievements this game - world discoverer, down under and the one for playing until 1821. Needless to say this was started in 1.3.
This wasn't quite as impressive as my Qing empire that included all of Asia, but Brunei and all of SE Asia start in a much weaker position and by the time I managed to work my way north, Muscovy was already nearly to Kamchatka. I took me nearly 100 years to conquer all of India. If I had been a bit more ambitious, I could have conquered Russia and Persia but instead I decided to just sit back and let the last 50 years play themselves.

Without further ado, here are the pics.
pR07jz0.png

f6vhJCh.jpg

XoUeJab.jpg

Some interesting things that happened: Russia didn't form until 1780 despite owning (as far as I know) all the provinces it needed to do it. Also, Russia was too willing to start world wars. Russia DOWed on me multiple times while I was allied with the Ottomans. The Ottomans and I were #1 and 2 for troop count and manpower and were also more advanced technologically (with me being westernized). I didn't feel like going through a country-crippling war for a few provinces so I just paid them off... twice. Not sure what the AI thought they were doing as that war was definitely suicide.
Also, no Rev France formation, the Netherlands only got 2 provinces from Bohemia, Peru formed, and Haiti got multiple provinces released - none of which were actually in modern day Haiti. Also, no USA T_T I didn't even see them revolt.