• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Otto the Man Red Sea India / China trading Empire
I originally set out with the goal of 'Conquer every Baltic and Meditterranean coastal province', but, well, I got sidetracked by all the missions involving Egypt and Arabia, and then I started sending trade ships to Indus and Ceylon, and then I just kept going... and before I knew it I was staging 80 regiments on Taiwan to invade China...

20630AB1A887E034C103A03CD3A547BAB03072EB

Indeed, I do. Actually it has been a pretty boring game. Colonizing is pretty much an "I-win" button, so I wanted to spice it up at the end and see how I'd fare against the other powers of the world.

98E32C02A38BE81A4C56D8450DFFE5DAD767DFF6
Im curious about your income, would you mind posting it. You seem to have pretty much identical holdings compared to my Netherlands save

I was basically done with this game once I had conquered Brazil from Portugal, but I waited to see the AI form the HRE...it lost Bohemia and a couple of others (once it dishonored a call against BBB), and it decided to annex 3 of its vassals, giving it a -200 opinion with all HRE members, so it took like 5-10 more years for them to unite the HRE with a tied vote...

I was so focused on colonizing the Americas and when I saw England, France, and Portugal colonizing Africa, I decided to not bother going East this game...I didn't get to pick up the trade idea group, so I might have had a much higher trade income at the end. I also was perpetual Papal Controller since sometime in the 1500s...I wish there were a less tedious way to manage that though...

So many blobs in this game, especially France...they PUed Scotland and Naples and diplovassalized and annexed Italian and German states...Bohemia got Russia in a PU, Ottomans are OP as usual (and my ally!), and France was only defeated by an Austria that had passed the penultimate reform.

Overall, I finally got the Caribbean Achievement and painted the entire Americas with a pretty yellow. Now I have to decide if I can bring myself to do the boring colonization again but this time moving my capital, just so I can see how OP it is...

eu4_186.jpg

eu4_187.jpg

eu4_188.jpg

eu4_189.jpg

eu4_190.jpg

eu4_191.jpg

eu4_192.jpg

eu4_193.jpg

eu4_194.jpg

eu4_195.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed, I do. Actually it has been a pretty boring game. Colonizing is pretty much an "I-win" button, so I wanted to spice it up at the end and see how I'd fare against the other powers of the world.

98E32C02A38BE81A4C56D8450DFFE5DAD767DFF6

Trying to go for the luck of the irish achievement early on, makes an interesting early game however.

Most ridiculous european power change I've ever seen in my Kongo game. Made major mistakes which cost me 20 years of administration points, but I probably would not have gotten all of Africa anyway, so I didn't even bother attacking the Ottomans at the end. The main problem was this:

yseuufsp.jpg

And Portugal was actually the unior union partner of Castille :rolleyes: I think they had around 800k troops and 600 ships, so yeah ... didn't bother trying to get their colonies :) Thoigh I really don't understand why Castille did not take out France or Aragon. I really don't get it .... I think the AI should be programmed to eliminate the threat of France completely or at least try to form Spain by taking out Aragon, but they stopped right before completely wiping them out. Really weird again ...

Still, playing as a really small african or american nation is really boring compared to european or asian countries. Wouldn't mind some DLC to enhance the experience there ...

addhh9e6.jpg

Mali was my vassal, which was a stupid idea because the AE modifier was so high that I couldn't even annex them. As I said, couple of mistakes ...

byz.png
Ultimate goal is to reconquer the Roman Empire, nothing more. Going a bit more slowly than I would like though, due to the coalitions forming against me. I have a standing army of around 220,000 but I always seem to be outnumbered. When this current war started I was outnumbered almost 3-1. Oh well.