• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
26353_end.jpg

Full res: http://www.pictureshack.us/images/26353_end.jpg

96645_eu4_map_TUR_1821_01_02_1.png

Full res: http://www.pictureshack.us/images/96645_eu4_map_TUR_1821_01_02_1.png

My Brandenburg -> Prussia -> Germany game as it draws to a close:

2013-08-21_00001.jpg

Not the greatest empire ever, but not too bad, either. What you may not have noticed, though, is that the big grey blob in and around Germany is actually 2 different countries. This is my nation in diplomatic map mode:

2013-08-21_00002.jpg

(Note also, the personal union with Poland.)

But while I'd been busy forming Germany by conquest up in the north, Austria had been equally busy down in the south, trying to unite the German people through diplomacy, and had managed to unite most of what I hadn't taken (with the exception of an independent Mainz) into a united (if greatly diminished) HRE. For comparison, here's their diplomatic map mode:

2013-08-21_00003.jpg

Through all my time playing EU3, I never saw Germany and the HRE both form in the same, and here I get it in my first full (and second overall) play through of EU4. I also got the achievement for dismantling the HRE when they unified, which was at least moderately hilarious.

Ruina Imperii still doesn't work? That's not what the hotfix notes said.

I have Steam set to automatically keep the game files up to date, and I got the achievement when Austria united the Empire, which was a few hours ago. So at the very least, it isn't working for me.

eu4_map_POR_1767_08_01_1.png
This is my first game ever as Portugal. Boy, is this easy mode. I wish I had done Ironman, as there's been absolutely no need to reload.

It's hard to tell what all is mine in the East. I have southern India, most of the Philippines, and parts of China. However, most of that stuff in the Malacca trade node isn't me.
Spain has been my buddy since game beginning, so I haven't really tried to stop their expansion on the "insides" of the colonial world. I just wanted all the coasts...

Interesting game as Connacht on Ironman, bit more difficult than my Scotland game, began colonizing around 1490 a couple of days before England declared war. I had to eat 30% inflation and 30 1 ducat loans hiring a +2 diplo advisor to get Trade Tech 9 in time to escape.

Early game England conquered Scotland and every other province in Ireland, I had an alliance with Portugal and Brittany which seemed to deter them somewhat but eventually they declared war on me just as I could colonise. Both times they declared war eventually resulted in white peace, being desperate to annex me, however not knowing where my two colonies were seemed to confuse them somewhat! :)

The joy of Connacht is though as soon as your second colony in Manhattan cores you can switch capital straight away. I expected to lose Connacht to England after switching but England got hammered by France in a war and Tyrone rebels conquered it (interesting side effect we seemed to become a Noble republic as a result of the rebels in Europe!). Didnt have the resources to stop them. Eventually Tyrone broke away with Connacht, Meath and Ulster and went on to inheret and form Ireland thanks to more rebels! Ireland got swallowed up again later though by England who formed GB.

Meanwhile.. across the ocean, Connacht brought the entirety of North America under control from Alaska to Greenland to Panama! Between getting inflation back down to 2% paying off loans colonization stalled a bit at first but once everything was under control we got involved too much in colonial/native wars and overextension to find the time to go back and reconquer Ireland unfortunately, but we did hump GB in a war and took Bermuda off them around 1810.

France became massive and imploded, same as in my Scotland game, Netherlands formed late and took parts of France from the vassals that remained. Russia formed quite early and with Portugal became my only two real rivals strong enough to give concern however by the end Portugal (and earlier Spain's) empires were collapsing due to rebels and we were so far ahead of Russia in Army and Navy numbers that they no longer posed any threat.

Screenshot below:

8941.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my first game. Started as Magdeburg in 1444 and with a detour through Prussia formed Germany.

fwux.jpg

I've got the same "problem" as Rho. Near the end of the campaing the HRE united and my southern border disappeard, so here is the diplomap of Germany:

09xk.jpg

Could have probably expanded more but as a theocracy there ist really no chance to do so without force. From the early 1500s till the end there was a pretty much a constant coalition opposing me due to AE. In the 1800s Austria and Frankfurt had accumulated more than -700 AE and most of my other neighbors were close to -200 as well. Only Sweden for the most part didn't care. Even when I ate Bohemia with which it had a PU. Luckily that allowed me to juggle the truce times of the coallition since Austria had to defend Bohemia as emporer but couldn't bring the rest of the gang. To thank them I not only persuaded them to convert to protestantism but liberated Austria from the HREs oppressiveness only a couple of years after they had united it.

The rest of the world:

qhh6.jpg

c7e3.jpg

My game as Novgorod. I could change into Russia right now, but I want to lower my imperial overstretch and religious unity before I do that.
3TCAlMv.jpg
(also: crimea is STILL allied with the Ottomans, so I want to have a big army before we do battle.

My Byzantium Empire. Not to big yet

2013-08-22_00004.jpg

After 9 days and 55 hours, I finally finished my first game of EU4 as the BBB, aka France. A lot of very unusual things happened during the game, only some of them directly because of me.

eu4_34.jpg

At one point, Spain had inherited Portugal and thus had control over all of Iberia and Latin America. However, at some point, rebels created independent Granada and Catalunya, which I allied. I helped Granada take more territory from Spain, and I even took Toledo and sold it to Granada. Granada managed to reduce Catalunya to just Barcelona and the Beleares. Also, Portugal initially became independent in the Azores, and despite a war of reconquest by Spain, managed to stay independent until Portuguese patriots returned to it most of its Iberian homeland, much of Argentina, South Africa, and the Caribbean. Galaicia also revolted. And to top it all of, I forced Spain to release Castille, so that now Spain's only European holdings are the Canaries, Corsica, and Sardinia.

Denmark had inherited both Norway and Sweden but never formed Scandinavia because it was AI. Sweden eventually revolted and conquered almost all of the Scandinavian peninsula.

In the first bit of the game, I had inherited French Burgundy while Austria inherited the Low Countries, and I kept attacking Austria for Dutch/Belgian provinces (Austria had no army for a long time), but I had to stop when the Netherlands declared their independence, and I eventually became good allies of the Dutch. I only wish I had been able to return Gelre to them from the annoying and previously blobby Trier.

The Ottomans did REALLY well, and have the largest army and navy. They and Sweden cut off Muscowy from its Siberian colonies.

I got lucky and got a PU with Savoy without even trying, so I got instant cores on them upon annexation.

Finally, Britain had been annoying for the whole game, stealing my trade, even from Bordeaux. (They also at one point has PUs with Poland and Lithuania and managed to inherit Poland.) In my penultimate war with them, I had gotten so much warscore from occupying their ally Venice that, even though I was not warleader and didn't invade the British Isles, I actually got them to release Scotland. Some time later, Scotland DOWed Britain(who surprisingly had exactly 0 troops) for Orkney, bringing me in, and experienced this triumphic moment, when London surrendered to the Armée Royale, led by none other than King Louis XVI:

eu4_33.jpg

Unfortunately, Scotland, despite having almost 50 warscore, did not make peace, so I was never able to unite the replacement Antwerpen trade fleet (my previous one had been sun by the British on the first days of the war)

Here's my diplomatic situation: The Dutch broke their alliance and I wasn't able to get it back sicne I was at war.
http://s12.postimg.org/8b15xljd9/eu4_36.jpg

My North American Empire. The Colonial Rebels destroyed Spain's overseas Empire
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/yn64388y5/eu4_37.jpg

Northwestern SA is very very ugly, but the rest is surprisingly pretty in terms of borders.
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/qk7xrwoct/eu4_38.jpg

I conquered Ceylong to get the East India Trade modifier.
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/gctzt8ril/eu4_39.jpg

Spain actually colonized (the northen half of) the Philippines and the Dutch colonized/conquered Java. But most striking, Paraguay somehow managed to capture almost all of Australia.
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/i76uazej1/eu4_40.jpg

China and Muscowy basically collapsed
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/6tkazs40d/eu4_41.jpg

France can into space, and Britain ALMOST can into space :P
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/vhq3qrfpp/eu4_42.jpg
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/nmfkby631/eu4_43.jpg

Every province I own is Catholic and some form of French (yeah, i had a lont of DIP power hanging around). Edict of Nanted was a very bad idea, since I kept getting events converting my provinces...fortunately, I eventually managed to revoke it after I converted everything back.
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/x4fbbzrrh/eu4_44.jpg
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/ruackp7il/eu4_45.jpg

Here's my trade income. I think it was over 200 at one point. I don't have much competition in overseas or Bordeaux nodes, so I guess the value of colonial goods dropped or something...
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/e5pr5bm8d/eu4_46.jpg

After I finished teching, I booted my level 3 advisors for level 1s to save money
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/g7q8jkk7h/eu4_47.jpg

The end screen is lying: I have the 2nd largest army.
[IMG]http://s12.postimg.org/v7n6l5qh9/eu4_48.jpg

Attachments

• eu4_33.jpg
    eu4_33.jpg
    341,6 KB · Views: 307
Reactions:
After 9 days and 55 hours, I finally finished my first game of EU4 as the BBB, aka France. A lot of very unusual things happened during the game, only some of them directly because of me.

eu4_34.jpg

At one point, Spain had inherited Portugal and thus had control over all of Iberia and Latin America. However, at some point, rebels created independent Granada and Catalunya, which I allied. I helped Granada take more territory from Spain, and I even took Toledo and sold it to Granada. Granada managed to reduce Catalunya to just Barcelona and the Beleares. Also, Portugal initially became independent in the Azores, and despite a war of reconquest by Spain, managed to stay independent until Portuguese patriots returned to it most of its Iberian homeland, much of Argentina, South Africa, and the Caribbean. Galaicia also revolted. And to top it all of, I forced Spain to release Castille, so that now Spain's only European holdings are the Canaries, Corsica, and Sardinia.

Denmark had inherited both Norway and Sweden but never formed Scandinavia because it was AI. Sweden eventually revolted and conquered almost all of the Scandinavian peninsula.

In the first bit of the game, I had inherited French Burgundy while Austria inherited the Low Countries, and I kept attacking Austria for Dutch/Belgian provinces (Austria had no army for a long time), but I had to stop when the Netherlands declared their independence, and I eventually became good allies of the Dutch. I only wish I had been able to return Gelre to them from the annoying and previously blobby Trier.

The Ottomans did REALLY well, and have the largest army and navy. They and Sweden cut off Muscowy from its Siberian colonies.

I got lucky and got a PU with Savoy without even trying, so I got instant cores on them upon annexation.

Finally, Britain had been annoying for the whole game, stealing my trade, even from Bordeaux. (They also at one point has PUs with Poland and Lithuania and managed to inherit Poland.) In my penultimate war with them, I had gotten so much warscore from occupying their ally Venice that, even though I was not warleader and didn't invade the British Isles, I actually got them to release Scotland. Some time later, Scotland DOWed Britain(who surprisingly had exactly 0 troops) for Orkney, bringing me in, and experienced this triumphic moment, when London surrendered to the Armée Royale, led by none other than King Louis XVI:

eu4_33.jpg

Unfortunately, Scotland, despite having almost 50 warscore, did not make peace, so I was never able to unite the replacement Antwerpen trade fleet (my previous one had been sunk by the British on the first days of the war)

Here's my diplomatic situation: The Dutch broke their alliance and I wasn't able to get it back since I was at war.
eu4_36.jpg

My North American Empire. The Colonial Rebels destroyed Spain's overseas Empire
eu4_37.jpg

Northwestern SA is very very ugly, but the rest is surprisingly pretty in terms of borders.
eu4_38.jpg

I conquered Ceylon to get the East India Trade modifier.
eu4_39.jpg

Spain actually colonized (the northen half of) the Philippines and the Dutch colonized/conquered Java. But most striking, Paraguay somehow managed to capture almost all of Australia.
eu4_40.jpg

China and Muscowy basically collapsed
eu4_41.jpg

France can into space, and Britain ALMOST can into space :p
eu4_42.jpg

eu4_43.jpg

Every province I own is Catholic and some form of French (yeah, i had a lot of DIP power hanging around). Edict of Nantes was a very bad idea, since I kept getting events converting my provinces...fortunately, I eventually managed to revoke it after I converted everything back.
eu4_44.jpg

eu4_45.jpg

Here's my trade income. I think it was over 200 at one point. I don't have much competition in overseas or Bordeaux nodes, so I guess the value of colonial goods dropped or something...
eu4_46.jpg

After I finished teching, I booted my level 3 advisors for level 1s to save money
eu4_47.jpg

The end screen is lying: I have the 2nd largest army.
eu4_48.jpg

Last edited:
My ironman Najd. One day i will earn that achievement. Maybe only after 100 runs tho :p

AD23C273E9167B7EFF6082DF3F03678664733013

All of those states that break the Ottomans into million pieces are my fault. I ran about 3-4 "penal" wars in response to their 200 year long bullying campaign against me :sad:

om4v.jpg

It's my second (Ironman) game now playing as Indian Vijayanagar. After conquering and diplo annexing my starting rivals, I formed Hindustan. I have 3 vassals at the moment, Punjab, Dhundhar and Assam.

As Hindustan my main rival was Persia since they had become real large. After they fought 2 long wars against several enemies including me, they folded. However thanks to rebels and wars they came back to near former glory! So close that I was forced to wage another war against them to help Baluchistan out. I gave them the rich port city of Hormoz as war spoils to make a dent in Persia’s income!

Next rival is Zhou as they too had grown large. When they were occupied attacking Japan, I hit them with everything I had, taking 4 provinces and gave 2 others away to smaller nations, so 6 provinces Zhou lost. They are still big and pose a threat though.

The Ottomans was actually becoming a serious problem with borders close to me, but they collapsed (without my help) and lost territory in the East. They even got kicked out of North Africa by Algiers who owns most of the coastline to around Alexandria.

I embargoed Oman early on since they’re taking good amounts of trade away from my Ceylon Trade Node. Later I also embargoed Persia and Zhou to keep their income down.