• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nylen

Second Lieutenant
90 Badges
Apr 1, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
Hi,

I started a game old gods and 870 as east franconia my empire consists of former lotharingia and italy and i am able to create Holy Roman Empire. Thats a nice save i got there now, and i am eager to continue play it.

The problem is i wanted to make a screenshot for future reverence :) but alas my usual way for years just making a Screenshot and inserting in Paint didn't work. It just makes Screenshot of Desktop behind the game.
So i pressed Buttons F9 to F12 that usually do Screenshot in Paradox Games far as i remember. But i got no msg a screenshot is taken and can't find a folder for it under documents or installation path.

So pls help me out with this one. Thx in advance!

If you use Steam screenshot feature (F12) then you can easilly find them by pressing the view screenshot library and then press show on disk and it will open the folder where they are. If you use the games own screenshot fuction (F10, F11) the screenshots are in the My Documents -> Paradox Interactive -> Crusader Kings II -> Screenshots.

I would recomend using the Steam one as it will create them as jpg files when the games own makes bmp files. Jpg's are smaller and better quality and no need to change them with an editor to another format.

Well i wrote that under my documents (the path you posted) theres no folder screenshots and i get no msg a screen is taken....for Steam... i have a GG Version of the game and a second Copy on Steam from Eu4 Preorder..guess i could transfer save, though its an old god save and i got that DLC only on GG Version

Maybe this is a bug or a matter with my new PC...cause you reassured me i did everything i usually should to make a screen..it just does not work...i will check if my Function Keys are working...other ideas are appreciated

Maybe this is a bug or a matter with my new PC...cause you reassured me i did everything i usually should to make a screen..it just does not work...i will check if my Function Keys are working...other ideas are appreciated

You probably use a mod that creates its own directory folder where the screenshots along seetings.txt and logs is located.

On a related subject - anyone know the forum requirements for uploading screenshots or other attachments? Is there a minimum post count needed, or something?

Not as far as i know. Its just limited to certain forums, usually subforums. You can still upload it anywhere else and include the picture link here with

Jpg's are smaller and better quality and no need to change them with an editor to another format.
I hate to go on an off-topic rant here, but this is only half right. Bitmaps will always be of higher quality than JPEGs, as they are uncompressed. JPEGs use lossy compression, so that every time you edit a JPEG and re-save it, the same lossy compression is used again, meaning a JPEG's quality decreases every time it is changed.
JPEGs are smaller files though, because of their built-in compression use. If there is a quality difference between CK@'s native screenshot method and Steam's screenshot method, is is related to how they take the screenshot, and completely unrelated to the format they output it to.
PNGs would be a great compromise here, as they are somewhat larger than a JPEG, but nowhere near as large as a bitmap. They also use lossless compression, so they don't degrade.

PNGs would be a great compromise here, as they are somewhat larger than a JPEG, but nowhere near as large as a bitmap. They also use lossless compression, so they don't degrade.

The game already uses PNG. It changed iin a patch a while ago.