EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can i accept a culture?

Culture acceptance depends on the culture's portion of your base tax.

So if you have 15 of culture A, and 1 province of B ... B probably will not be accepted. But if you have like 3 B provinces, and all three are high tax, it will become accepted.

I *think* it is like needs to be at least 20% of base tax to gain it, but you will retain it as accepted until it drops below 10% of your tax base.
You will find your total base tax # in your Economy screen.

How can i accept a culture?

In my game as Portugal, I got an event some time after coring Tangiers that made Berber an accepted culture. I'm not sure what the triggers are for it, but apparently if you take and core lands they'll become accepted given enough time. I was really happy about this as I had no idea you could add new accepted cultures. I figured it was set in stone like Victoria II.

Apart from the 'lucky nations - historical' option which seems more like random bonuses, does this mean there's no option to choose historical rulers/generals then?
Or am I missing something? thanks in advance :)

Is it intended that taking as much of Hungary as the Ottomans historically did should be utterly ruinous to your admin pool?

Where can i see my agressive extension rating? Just cant find it..
There is no such thing; it is not like EU3/Vic2's Infamy. Aggressive Expansion gives you decaying-over-time diplomatic relations penalties with specific countries who were upset by your expansionism.

Apart from the 'lucky nations - historical' option which seems more like random bonuses, does this mean there's no option to choose historical rulers/generals then?

I'm pretty sure that is correct. Same as CK2. You only get the historical rulers for the start date you choose. After they die, it's random rulers for the rest of the game. But if there is some particular King you want to play as you should be able to change the date and play him until he dies.

I'm pretty sure that is correct. Same as CK2. You only get the historical rulers for the start date you choose. After they die, it's random rulers for the rest of the game. But if there is some particular King you want to play as you should be able to change the date and play him until he dies.

I see, thanks. If I remember correctly, EU3 gave the option of choosing historical or random leaders... I did like that option, I did :p

If I have a claim but not a core on imperial territory can the emperor still use that as a cb against me/demand I return it?

He never attacked me, but you get an unlawful imperial territory for some time, if you mean this. So I´d say yes. :) Even if you then make a core there, the unlawful territory will stay there until it times out, so be aware of that.

Okay. As a corollary to the last statement, any way to remove a province from the empire now? In EU3 there was a provincial decision to do it but is there a equivalent now?

Okay. As a corollary to the last statement, any way to remove a province from the empire now? In EU3 there was a provincial decision to do it but is there a equivalent now?

Yes, it's in the province info screen. A big square button with the imperial eagle on it.

Anyone knows how to change government from monarchy to republic ? Change government screen only shows other monarchy types. I guess it's only events, decisions or rebels.

How can I give my allies provinces in a peace deal? I'm trying to give Great Britain Scapa flow but I don't know how. They have it ocupied and have a core on the province?