EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's up with signup.europauniversalis4.com?I had enough referrals to get many DLC and things but the link redirects me to the forums.
The Call to Arms promotion seems to be over, I'm afraid.

Is there any way to claim my rewards now?

Check the associated sticky, there seems to be quite a bit of unclarity on this. I'm afraid you may need to wait for Regina or Johan to clear it up entirely.

Playing the demo I noticed I get -2 diplomatic power/month because I have 6/4 diplomatic relations, what defines a diplomatic relation? Alliances doesen't seem to count as one, when I allied another country the value didn't change.

alliance counts as diplomatic relation
you just got other diplomatic relation with this country and if you have more than one it counts as one
as diplomatic relation counts also royal marriage and millitary acces

Yep you are right.

Another question that popped up when playing the demo, the trade power bonus of light ships protecting trade is best used in a big value trade node where you have provinces right? As portugal I'm not sure if I should keep most of them in Seville or have a few in Ivory coast too where I have some provinces.

Yep you are right.

Another question that popped up when playing the demo, the trade power bonus of light ships protecting trade is best used in a big value trade node where you have provinces right? As portugal I'm not sure if I should keep most of them in Seville or have a few in Ivory coast too where I have some provinces.

At the beginning The Ivory Coast trade node is dirt poor, so I would think its best to put them in Seville. Castile is having ships in Ivory Coast and are already steering the trade to your home node, where you both are collecting. After The Europeans start to discover more and more of Africa and have found their way to India, that trade node will be much more profitable and it's probably more profitable to start protecting that node. You still have to watch out so Castile don't lose trade power in the Ivory coast node, or else Morocco will take it all for themselves.

Sphere of influence is gone right? I see we can promote guarantee tho. Anyone found something else to spend the prestige on?
Keeping my prestige high so that I actually recover legitimacy over time (since you can't rely on marriagespam any more - marriages give less legitimacy and you can't have as many of them).

I think it means tax income is too high. Also, a few days ago (between this and the demo I think), they made conversion harder and said you would need some triggers to be even able to convert some particular provinces. You may go with religious ideas, hire an advisor or try to get some national decision. If there is a way how to make tax income hurt your conversion less, I am not sure.

Bumping this back to the first page....

How do you get more 'free' leaders? If I recall in the demo you could have 3 free leaders. I played to 1544 yesterday and I still only had one. Looked through ideas but didn't see anything, could have missed it though.

Also what factors into the max land army size? As Portugal I colonized a huge chunk of Africa and Brazil, but with only 23,000 or so soldiers I was really over extended just trying to fight natives. My max troops never seemed to increase. I found one idea that gives a boost and an advisor, but it seems like it should grow with country size?