EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why would anyone want to have Marshes? In early game you'd want to expand and take their provinces. In midgame when you become a world power I'd rather have alliances.
When do Marshes come in? I understand if you play as Castille you'd want to make Marshes of North Africa because provinces are poor and conversion will take forever but what are the advantages?

They offer more soldiers than a regular vassal.
If annexing them would give you a border with, say, France, you might be tempted to make it into a March for added protection and to prevent them from desiring your provinces.

are some of the Chinese revolter states supposed to keep generics ideas? this refers to the dali, Yi, Miao Miao, etc.

Why would anyone want to have Marshes? In early game you'd want to expand and take their provinces. In midgame when you become a world power I'd rather have alliances.
When do Marshes come in? I understand if you play as Castille you'd want to make Marshes of North Africa because provinces are poor and conversion will take forever but what are the advantages?
They're for just those sorts of cases. Places where you don't really want to expand, because it would be too expensive, etc. Another natural is Crimea for the OE--there's little point expanding in that direction. Or the Finland/the Livonian Order for Prussia/Russia.

Crimea can be steered straight into Constantinople node lol. Marches do kind of suck, they are stronger but you get less from them and can't feed them to the same extent as normal vassals and still get the same utility, and they HATE you for revoking it.

Most of the time, I wouldn't want to touch them.

Can someone please explain to me how the AI is allowed to stand and fight for a couple of months with 0.00 morale while as soon as i get 0 i either do a retreat or i get stack wiped.
Because 0.00 is the average of all their troops, not of their troops that are actually fighting. Usually in that situation you're fighting a single unit that just got built while the others were already out of morale so they're not actually in the battle. Killing a single unit can take a while since you can only flank so much.

That works exactly the same for players though.

I am emperor bohemia, I have 10 points authorities and have only 10 principles in favor of reform ... i save the game, load and start with another nation. In even three months IA ruesce to issue the second imperial reform. How is it possible? What I'm wrong?

Because 0.00 is the average of all their troops, not of their troops that are actually fighting. Usually in that situation you're fighting a single unit that just got built while the others were already out of morale so they're not actually in the battle. Killing a single unit can take a while since you can only flank so much.

So... This is a fucking rounding error? One or more tropps have so low morale the average ends up at <0.01 and rounded down to 0.00? Brilliant job if thats the case.

also I'm pretty sure there is stackwipe protection in such situations, as you can kill all 1k troops and not wipe the stack

In a stack with multiple nations in them, are reinforce rates calculated for each nation individually, or is it based on the highest pip general's maneuver?

So... This is a fucking rounding error? One or more tropps have so low morale the average ends up at <0.01 and rounded down to 0.00? Brilliant job if thats the case.

Rounding error? I guess? A lack of precision really. 1 guy with 0.1 morale and 99 with 0 still averages to 0.00(1). Maybe it would help to round that up, but how often? In the end, I find doesn't matter very often -- if you're that close and you lost, you still were that close and you lost. It's not like the display works differently when you're facing the same situation in either direction, defender or attacker.

In a stack with multiple nations in them, are reinforce rates calculated for each nation individually, or is it based on the highest pip general's maneuver?

Reinforcement of depleted units is the responsibility of each individual nation. The largest contributors are largely on your military funding and whether you're in friendly territory. Or is this not what you're asking?

Called my ally Russia into a war, but about 10 years in (wouldn't join before because of truces and after that they got involved in another war), and they whited peaced out 1 day later. Is this something that we can expect to be changed and I should put the game on hold for a little time (If I win I get spain in a PU).

Are claims supposed to disappear when you vassalize a country? As Denmark, I vassalized Scotland hoping I could then use their claims over England to attack them, but as soon as Scotland became my vassal they didn't have claims anymore. Also, 25 years haven't passed yet in the game so they can't have just expired.

Called my ally Russia into a war, but about 10 years in (wouldn't join before because of truces and after that they got involved in another war), and they whited peaced out 1 day later. Is this something that we can expect to be changed and I should put the game on hold for a little time (If I win I get spain in a PU).

I don't know if you can expect a change. A really old war that you're not winning and when they've already been fighting a war recently... I mean, as the player, I'd do exactly that same thing if the enemy would let me so it's not unreasonable that the AI would. Actually, I think I did do that in a war just the other day. It would be nice to see information like that though, a pre-CTA "Enthusiasm" meter.

Are claims supposed to disappear when you vassalize a country? As Denmark, I vassalized Scotland hoping I could then use their claims over England to attack them, but as soon as Scotland became my vassal they didn't have claims anymore. Also, 25 years haven't passed yet in the game so they can't have just expired.

I've not seen this. Are you sure something else didn't happen in the interim? Like someone forced them to give up claims in a war?

Looking for a solid answer to the following question. All help is greatly appreciated. My dilemma: trying to form Spain via decision as Aragon and I have all required cores except Toledo (the latter being the capital of Castile), and all of Iberia is mine except, you've guessed it: Toledo. My problem is that Toledo never shows up in the peace deal. Castile has a huge colonial empire & some scattered holding. Annexation is at 200%. How can gain access to this one province? Is the game blocking me because Toledo is Castile's capital? Help a brother out.

Looking for a solid answer to the following question. All help is greatly appreciated. My dilemma: trying to form Spain via decision as Aragon and I have all required cores except Toledo (the latter being the capital of Castile), and all of Iberia is mine except, you've guessed it: Toledo. My problem is that Toledo never shows up in the peace deal. Castile has a huge colonial empire & some scattered holding. Annexation is at 200%. How can gain access to this one province? Is the game blocking me because Toledo is Castile's capital? Help a brother out.
If you can not full-annex a country, you can only take the capital if it is the only province you take.
But I have a feeling that there is something else at play here: I guess Castile is in a coalition against you and you did not fabricate a claim on Toledo, and thus are barred from taking it. Claim it.

You can't demand their capital because it borders other provinces they own. You need to take the provinces around it to cut it off and then in the next war take Toledo. Unless they're one of the nations that can't move their capital, they most likely will after you cut it off, so you'll probably be able to take more land in the next war if you want it.

I've not seen this. Are you sure something else didn't happen in the interim? Like someone forced them to give up claims in a war?

They were only at war with me. It's unfortunate, England are in a really bad shape right now, I would have destroyed them if I had a CB :(

Edit: Just had an idea, Scotland might have had a mission to conquer the northern part of England, so they would have lost that mission upon being vassalized.