Europa Universalis IV - Demo description

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Theres an issue with mine sadly , it appears terra incognita is reversed I can see all of asia but none of europe,also big black chunks have taken a liking in appearing over the map.Some in the shape of cuba
please try to help me please.:( Hopefully this won't appear in the final game.

Ditto.

Curious that saving games is not allowed in demo, though I can understand why. So that leads to a question since I can't investigate this in demo: Will savegames be editable in full game as in EU3?

Otherwise, game look great overall, aside from first crash I had :)P) in middle of advanced tutorial. And took a look at files in Commons folder and throughout the game folder. Look very interesting.

Also, is it just me or did I heard the main theme from EU3 during playing game (or tutorial, if you will)? Or at least something that sounds like it.

As most of the files are text files, you can. However, if you mod yourself to be England, it will be game-over (Someone else already tried that)

How do you launch demo with mod? I don't see launcher.exe in game folder as in EU3 and clicking Play on Steam lead to game directly, not launcher. Unless you need to do it with command line? I would like to experiment with mod for few days before full game I pre-ordered gets released.

My quick impressions from the demo:

OH DEAR GOD FIX POLITICAL MAP: Self-explanitory. I get how you guys are doing with the different filters and making political map simpler but it looks atrocious. You can barely even see provinces, the colours are gaudy and would make a gay man cry.. just mainly those two points.

OH DEAR GOD FIX SIEGE WINDOW: Half of it doesn't make sense and now instead of just getting morale to continue fighting a siege you get different 'stuff'.. which isn't clearly defined or explained.

seriously could you guys.. like.. un.. clutter the entire UI?

I've enjoyed playing the demo. I have the sense like it's deeply modernized EU3 but it's probably just me. The game is great but a bit messy with all this ships moving around the map. I'm looking forward to play the game after the release. Very good job Paradox. Thanks for the pleasant experience playing the demo!

Can anyone confirm If it Works flawless On Surface pro, also , is there any touch support at all?

Playing it right now on my Surface Pro, works brilliantly aslong as you disable bloom and reflections.

How do you launch demo with mod? I don't see launcher.exe in game folder as in EU3 and clicking Play on Steam lead to game directly, not launcher. Unless you need to do it with command line? I would like to experiment with mod for few days before full game I pre-ordered gets released.

I think the only thing you can do right now is to edit the text files themselves (Therefor altering 'the base game') - I don't think you can attach/append mods, unless there's some command you can place after the EU4.exe to do it.

I think the only thing you can do right now is to edit the text files themselves (Therefor altering 'the base game') - I don't think you can attach/append mods, unless there's some command you can place after the EU4.exe to do it.

Ah okay. I was interested in experimenting with modding effects like attrition and trade, stuff like that. I guess full game will come with launcher.exe hopefully. I'm guessing Paradox is okay with ppl modding the game other than trying to play other than 4 countries playable in demo (I don't mind playing any of those 4 for now)? I don't like the idea of doing things that might be unsanctioned.

Ah okay. I was interested in experimenting with modding effects like attrition and trade, stuff like that. I guess full game will come with launcher.exe hopefully. I'm guessing Paradox is okay with ppl modding the game other than trying to play other than 4 countries playable in demo (I don't mind playing any of those 4 for now)? I don't like the idea of doing things that might be unsanctioned.

If they really minded, they'd scramble up the txt files with some algorythm. I'm sure that the full game will be with the launcher, including turning mods on or off.

If it's purely experimenting with effects you'd like to put in a mod for the full version anyway, I don't think there's a big problem. Other than that, I think they don't like it if you actually try to break into the EXE or DLL files and modding in that way, but as long as it's simply altering the text files, I'm sure they don't mind.

Theres an issue with mine sadly , it appears terra incognita is reversed I can see all of asia but none of europe,also big black chunks have taken a liking in appearing over the map.Some in the shape of cuba
please try to help me please.:( Hopefully this won't appear in the final game.

Same, even after updating drivers.

Thanks!
Is there any touch support at all?

Not really, but it is kind of controllable with the MS Pen. There's no pinch zooming like in EU3, and the camera is a bit awkward to use. I just use the keyboard most of the time, anyway.

Just finish a game with Portugal. Game si same and different at same time! Still pretty good! Can you release already?!

So I take it you didn't convert Tangiers to Catholicism? If you had you'd encountered a bug that gives Tangires and Ceuta to Morocco and prevents you from sieging them even after DOW, a bit annoying, but overall the gameplay is really slick. I'm considering pre-ordering even if I don't think I'll bother to play before the first patch.

EU4tangiersbug.png

Last edited: