Europa Universalis IV - Demo description

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Hey everyone!

Below you will find the Europa Universalis IV Demo Description, to get a taste of global domination ;)

Go forth, download the demo and bring civilization out of the Dark Ages:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/?snr=1_4_4__104_1

cheers,
regina

Europa Universalis IV
Paradox Development Studio is back with the fourth installment of the empire building game series that defined the Grand Strategy Genre. Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide through the years in order to create a dominant global empire. Rule your nation through the centuries, with unparalleled freedom, depth and historical accuracy. True exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy will be brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth.

Europa Universalis IV demo content
- The Demo of the empire building game Europa Universalis IV allows you to play as one of the four nations below through 28 years of history.
- All single player capabilities as well as an extensive tutorial and hint-system are included in this demo.
- There are no multiplayer capabilities, and please note that the ability to save & load have been disabled.
- English only and Windows only.

Trade/Venice
Venice was a prominent Italian Free City and played an important role in Mediterranean trade. Their fleet was important for gaining dominance over the Mediterranean Sea and securing the spice trade from India. Venice is a good choice for playing the trading game and seizing trade opportunities in the Mediterranean.

Warfare/The Ottoman Empire
The Ottoman Empire was a major power up to its fall in 1922. The Ottomans dominated land from the Balkans to the Arabian Peninsula. In Europa Universalis IV they are a strong choice for playing a warmonger game because of their cheaper coring costs and powerful early troops.

Colonization/Portugal
Portugal is a natural choice for exploring the colonization part of the game. The nation was important in the exploration of the coast of Africa and the New World. Portugal lies isolated in the western part of the Iberian Peninsula and lacks natural enemies. As long as they keep good relations with Castile they should be able to peacefully explore and colonize.

Diplomacy/Austria
Austria was a major power through the renaissance and up to World War I. The Habsburg family ruled Austria and controlled the Holy Roman Empire for a large part of its existence. Diplomacy is important for keeping the title of Holy Roman Emperor, as it is an elective title. Keeping good relations with the electors will greatly improve your chances of keeping the crown. Austria is a strong choice for a diplomatic game because of their inclination towards holding the title of Emperor.

Europa Universalis IV Main Features for the full game:
• Make your own decisions: Nation building is flexible. Decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless.
• Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the ruler you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war.
• Experience history come to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, creating a unique atmosphere depending on the country you play.
• The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay with a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
• Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you.
• Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Featuring a new unilateral opinion system that, for example, allows a country to dislike you while you remain neutral towards them.
• Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends, or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation, with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers ,and support for standalone servers.
• Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire

Europa Universalis IV
Release date: 13th of August, 2013
Platform: PC/Mac/Linux
Genre: Empire Building/Grand Strategy
Developer: Paradox Development Studio
Publisher: Paradox Interactive

Read more about Europa Universalis IV:
Web page: www.europauniversalis4.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/EuropaUniversalis
Twitter: http://twitter.com/E_Universalis

Changes between Europa Universalis IV & Europa Universalis III
EU4_vs_EU3_Summary.pdf

Europa Universalis IV Manual
EuropaUniversalisIV_Manual.pdf

Europa Universalis IV System Requirements:

Recommended System requirements:
Operating system: XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard disk space: 2 GB HD Space
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900, 1024mb video memory required.
Sound Card: Direct X-compatible soundcard
DirectX®: 9.0c
Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection or LAN for multiplayer
Multiplayer: Up to 32 other players in multiplayer mode

Minimum System requirements:
Operating system: XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz eller AMD 3500+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard disk space: 2 GB HD Space
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900, 512mb video memory required.
Sound: Direct X- compatible soundcard
DirectX®: 9.0c
Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection or LAN for multiplayer
Multiplayer: Up to 32 other players in multiplayer mode

Last edited:
Is there a Demo for Mac? When I click on download it says "Europa Universalis IV Demo is not available for your current platform".

Devs confirmed that there will not be a Mac demo. At least no time soon.

When I click on "Download Demo" it doesn't do anything. Why? :/
EDIT:It works now! :)

Best thing eva! Expect full EU 4 is the best.

Can you mod the Demo at all?

As most of the files are text files, you can. However, if you mod yourself to be England, it will be game-over (Someone else already tried that)

Downloading now. This is great! Four times 28 years to mess around with the game mechanics.
Of course, it will make waiting until tuesday even more difficult.

When we get the full game, will our demo savegames be loadable in the full one? I.e., can I get a 28-year start on my Portugal now, or will I have to restart it on Tuesday?

Edit: Oh, "the ability to save and load has been disabled". Never mind. (That's incredibly lame, you know...)

Last edited:
Theres an issue with mine sadly , it appears terra incognita is reversed I can see all of asia but none of europe,also big black chunks have taken a liking in appearing over the map.Some in the shape of cuba
please try to help me please.:( Hopefully this won't appear in the final game.