Preorder bonus & Call to Arms - How to buy them !

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We've received a lot of inquiries about which pre-order bonuses and Call to Arms incentives will be available post-launch so we wanted to shed light on the details. Today we're announcing that every bit of pre-launch content will be made available for purchase in bundled packages, with the packages releasing on launch day.

Anyone looking to experience the same bonus content as that included in all the pre-order incentives to date will be able to do so on release day by purchasing a bundle of their choosing. Alternatively, the game can still be pre-ordered and the bonuses associated with pre-ordering are still in effect until August 13.

We wanted to make sure everyone here knew about the availability and pricing of the pre-order content before the game's release, that way you can decide if you'd prefer to pre-order Europa Universalis IV or to wait until launch to check it out.
In either case, thank you for supporting us and we look forward to seeing you in-game August 13!

Pack descriptions and prices are as follows:

Europa Universalis IV: Digital Extreme Upgrade - $7.99
Stars and Crescent Pack
Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack
Conquest of Constantinople Music Pack

Europa Univesalis IV: Pre-order DLC Pack - $6.99
100 Years War Unit Pack
The Purple Phoenix Expansion

Europa Universalis IV: Call to Arms Pack - $3.99
Winged Hussars Pack
National Monuments Pack

Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV converter - $9.99
* copy of Crusader Kings II base game is not included

o my gawd. with preordering and doing the call to arms i saved over 20 bucks :p

and its actual content. no silly herpaderp you can now play nation X like total war always does, actual content, so i dont even feel bad about preordering for them instead of picking them up in a sale

What exactly are the thresholds of getting the Call to Arms DLC? I have no problem with buying them separately, just wondering.

Any chance the special icon will be still available should the game be purchased at a later stage? I participated to the Call of Arms for the icon as my second motivation after supporting Paradox, but I am not sure I can buy the game right now. I think it would be fair if the icon were available also later.

Any chance the special icon will be still available should the game be purchased at a later stage? I participated to the Call of Arms for the icon as my second motivation after supporting Paradox, but I am not sure I can buy the game right now. I think it would be fair if the icon were available also later.
You should get the icon if you participated in the CtA afaik. I doubt the icon would be available afterwards, just like the CK2 Holy Knight icon.

You should get the icon if you participated in the CtA afaik. I doubt the icon would be available afterwards, just like the CK2 Holy Knight icon.
I mean, even if I don't buy the game right now? I mean I did participate to the Call to Arms, but people said that it will be available only if you buy the game around release.

Last edited:
What exactly are the thresholds of getting the Call to Arms DLC? I have no problem with buying them separately, just wondering.
3 and 5 recruitments, respectively. Just found it myself :)

And if you have one of the DLC of a package ?
I mean it's great you make bundles but for example I got only 3 on my call to arms and I can't complete it cause all people I know are on vacations so I will never have the National Monuments :(
Not a great loss anyway but it's still annoying

Meh. I don't like this DLC abuse at day one :(

These are preorder bonusses. One should be happy they decide to release it as DLC at all.

Where's the cheapest place to buy the game? :p

EDIT: Also, what on earth is this Call to Arms thing?

If you register on a special site (See one of the stickies) and tell 3-5-more people to buy EU4, you will get extra goodies.

And if you have one of the DLC of a package ?
I mean it's great you make bundles but for example I got only 3 on my call to arms and I can't complete it cause all people I know are on vacations so I will never have the National Monuments :(
Not a great loss anyway but it's still annoying

We will try to solve that.