+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preorder bonus & Call to Arms - How to buy them !

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Preorder bonus & Call to Arms - How to buy them !

We've received a lot of inquiries about which pre-order bonuses and Call to Arms incentives will be available post-launch so we wanted to shed light on the details. Today we're announcing that every bit of pre-launch content will be made available for purchase in bundled packages, with the packages releasing on launch day.

Anyone looking to experience the same bonus content as that included in all the pre-order incentives to date will be able to do so on release day by purchasing a bundle of their choosing. Alternatively, the game can still be pre-ordered and the bonuses associated with pre-ordering are still in effect until August 13.

We wanted to make sure everyone here knew about the availability and pricing of the pre-order content before the game's release, that way you can decide if you'd prefer to pre-order Europa Universalis IV or to wait until launch to check it out.
    In either case, thank you for supporting us and we look forward to seeing you in-game August 13!

Pack descriptions and prices are as follows:

Europa Universalis IV: Digital Extreme Upgrade - $7.99
    Stars and Crescent Pack
    Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack
    Conquest of Constantinople Music Pack

Europa Univesalis IV: Pre-order DLC Pack - $6.99
    100 Years War Unit Pack
    The Purple Phoenix Expansion

Europa Universalis IV: Call to Arms Pack - $3.99
    Winged Hussars Pack
    National Monuments Pack

Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV converter - $9.99
    * copy of Crusader Kings II base game is not included

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Cool stuff. Thanks for not leaving us in the dark.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    o my gawd. with preordering and doing the call to arms i saved over 20 bucks

and its actual content. no silly herpaderp you can now play nation X like total war always does, actual content, so i dont even feel bad about preordering for them instead of picking them up in a sale

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteImpireLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

What exactly are the thresholds of getting the Call to Arms DLC? I have no problem with buying them separately, just wondering.
    Year of Birth: 986
    Culture: Dutch
    Education: Skilled Tactician
    Traits: attractive, quick, weak, lustful, poet, kind, content, just, paranoid, organizer
    QUOTE by Wallain > Honestly I think the prices are just right. 10 euros is not more than I'd give for a good pizza and SoA is a great pizza.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Blog Entries
    Any chance the special icon will be still available should the game be purchased at a later stage? I participated to the Call of Arms for the icon as my second motivation after supporting Paradox, but I am not sure I can buy the game right now. I think it would be fair if the icon were available also later.
    CK2 mod: In Novo Iure, Dynamic de jure structure and improved cultural toponymy

Looks great!

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    Any chance the special icon will be still available should the game be purchased at a later stage? I participated to the Call of Arms for the icon as my second motivation after supporting Paradox, but I am not sure I can buy the game right now. I think it would be fair if the icon were available also later.
    You should get the icon if you participated in the CtA afaik. I doubt the icon would be available afterwards, just like the CK2 Holy Knight icon.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubnessul View Post
    You should get the icon if you participated in the CtA afaik. I doubt the icon would be available afterwards, just like the CK2 Holy Knight icon.
    I mean, even if I don't buy the game right now? I mean I did participate to the Call to Arms, but people said that it will be available only if you buy the game around release.
    Last edited by Ciccillo Rre; 06-08-2013 at 11:22.
    CK2 mod: In Novo Iure, Dynamic de jure structure and improved cultural toponymy

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Gemberkoekje View Post
    What exactly are the thresholds of getting the Call to Arms DLC? I have no problem with buying them separately, just wondering.
    3 and 5 recruitments, respectively. Just found it myself
    Traits: attractive, quick, weak, lustful, poet, kind, content, just, paranoid, organizer
    QUOTE by Wallain > Honestly I think the prices are just right. 10 euros is not more than I'd give for a good pizza and SoA is a great pizza.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

very nice, now I'll certainly make sure I will preorder.

Corporal
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Meh. I don't like this DLC abuse at day one

Quote Originally Posted by Arctrax View Post
    Oh, go away.
    Come play Werewolf! Make new friends, then murder them!

Europa Univesalis IV: Pre-order DLC Pack - $6.99
    100 Years War Unit Pack
    The Purple Phoenix Expansion
    What if one pre-ordered in July and wants the HYW dlc alone?
    " We do not forgive. We do not forget. "

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    And if you have one of the DLC of a package ?
    I mean it's great you make bundles but for example I got only 3 on my call to arms and I can't complete it cause all people I know are on vacations so I will never have the National Monuments
    Not a great loss anyway but it's still annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Arctrax View Post
    These are preorder bonusses. One should be happy they decide to release it as DLC at all.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Where's the cheapest place to buy the game?

EDIT: Also, what on earth is this Call to Arms thing?
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Will pick up the Hussars and Monuments one come release day.

What does the Hussars one include?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Where's the cheapest place to buy the game?

EDIT: Also, what on earth is this Call to Arms thing?
    If you register on a special site (See one of the stickies) and tell 3-5-more people to buy EU4, you will get extra goodies.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Gemberkoekje View Post
    If you register on a special site (See one of the stickies) and tell 3-5-more people to buy EU4, you will get extra goodies.
    Wasn't aware there was a sticky post about it. Thanks.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Attalus View Post
    And if you have one of the DLC of a package ?
    I mean it's great you make bundles but for example I got only 3 on my call to arms and I can't complete it cause all people I know are on vacations so I will never have the National Monuments
    Not a great loss anyway but it's still annoying
    We will try to solve that.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast