• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
Probably the CoT issue. Turns out that the content of one of the formatting strings in text.csv changed from 1.05 to 1.06, leading to the attempted insertion of a floating point in an integer value without any kind of type-casting.

Since the AGC2.3 text.csv is based on 1.05, that line needs to be changed, ASAP. I have written instructions on what to do in the first post.

This bug will manifest in connection with use of CoTs, so for nations like my Persia, where all traders had been sent out and trade agreements were in force all over the place, I didn't notice it because I didn't access the trading screen. Doh :D
Hopefully, this will solve your problems.

One thing is for sure. Beta 3 had better be based on the basic 1.06 text.csv in case anything else of substance was changed.

THAT'S the trick ;-)
It's stable as anything now.
Thanks for the heads up, and for putting these instructions together... makes things much easier for people like me who like a straightforward process to follow.

Ok: using 2.3 and 1.07 (April 3rd Beta) I get a "unknown string wanted" on the land-naval slider rollover. Anyone know off hand what that should be? Either way whatever the entry needs to be should be added into the list up top of stuff you need to get them to work together smoothly.

I assume we'll be using a 1.07 text.csv for Beta 3, so this kinda stuff is for the short term. :)

In order to fix the land/naval slider, you need to add a line to the text.csv files as descibed in the first post. The line is:

DOMESTIC_L_ADJ;Overseas Tax Penalty: %s%.2f percent;;;;;;;;;;7070

That fixed things for me.

anyone else having consistant CTDs in 1615 when using 2.3 and 1.7? I can't figure it out. I also have a number of 'user defined' countries w/out shields. Do I need to change something ( I know zipp about editing anything, need idiot-proof directions)

Sounds like you've messed up during the installation process... User Defined countries occur when eu2 isn't getting to the modified files. You are starting using a 'moddir', from the AGC icon?

It seems you've read the thread in the parent forum now, but the standard AGC installer should install the agc in a directory inside your Europa Universalis 2 directory. E.g., if you had:

C:\GAMES\EU2

the AGC should be in

C:\GAMES\EU2\AGC

Of course, EU2 needs to be told that many of its data files are now in this directory; the AGC installer should give you an icon in your start directory to do this. The way it works is that instead of the shortcut running C:\GAMES\EU2\EU2.EXE, it runs C:\GAMES\EU2\EU2.EXE AGC or C:\GAMES\EU2\EU2.EXE C:\GAMES\EU2\AGC.

Originally posted by I_Killed-Kenny Dormant
just one thing

I don't have the Savegames.txt. in my scenario/savegames

No sir I don't have

Me neither and this ment no saving of games for me. The game just get stuck when trying to save it or it tells me this: can't open file.......with the useless options of abort, ignore and continue.
Can somebody put a copy SaveGames.txt on the board?

You don't need SaveGames.txt; it's merely a placeholder to ensure the Scenarios\Save Games directory gets created. There must be some other cause of your problems. Do you have a Scenarios\Save Games directory? Are you using the agc for 1.07b available in the download section of the forum?

Yes, I did make those directories, but I've fixed it by copying &pasting another save from the GC to the savegame dir of AGC. I've read somewhere in a thread..
Thanx for the support

Re: 1.07 betas

Originally posted by Lucellus
Is there any AGC working wiht the last 1.07 beta 23july IIRL?
Yes. Wryun helpfully put up a zip file in this thread in the user-made scenarios depot.