• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lizardo

Major
65 Badges
Feb 16, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Ancient Space
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Yes, that would be very interesting and a great addition to the game. Now, I'm no programmer, but I can certainly see a system such as this (however simplistic) as quite possible. The difficulty is that the WM mechanics would have to be tampered with (and I believe I have heard, here and there, that they have no intention of messing with that system). Instead of just a blank 'World Market', there would have to be numerous corporations and institutions established to take Venezuelan coffee produced by farmers in an RGO to the desk of an English bureaucrat, rather than merely direct transactions on the WM. I can't see the developers tampering with that one, but I would certainly like to see it implemented, nonetheless.

I think the game would be much better if there were corporations who owned the businesses, traded stocks, and lobbied governments. Maybe some political factions beyond the reform movements as well.

Maybe some other game (other timeframe) would be suited better for this concept. 19th century was the high time of the nation state, a post 1990 scenario in my opinion would be a better place for this.

Maybe some other game (other timeframe) would be suited better for this concept. 19th century was the high time of the nation state, a post 1990 scenario in my opinion would be a better place for this.

Would you be interested in playing a game in our era? I certainly wouldn't.

Sounds like you could throw corporate interests and political movements into Vicky4 via some kind of Faction System like CK2 has. Would fit nicely.

Victoria 4? Is this a joke, or did you mean 3?

It's too early right now, but we could start another 'take my money' thread, to get a little notice. The question is, does PDS have enough suppression points to undermine our movement?

Would you be interested in playing a game in our era? I certainly wouldn't.

Victoria 4? Is this a joke, or did you mean 3?

It's too early right now, but we could start another 'take my money' thread, to get a little notice. The question is, does PDS have enough suppression points to undermine our movement?

Haha, yeah. Brainfart. All I was saying is that corporations and moneyed interests would fit into a CK2-style Fuedal or Factional system, heavily adapted of course. Hopefully more fun too.

Haha, yeah. Brainfart. All I was saying is that corporations and moneyed interests would fit into a CK2-style Fuedal or Factional system, heavily adapted of course. Hopefully more fun too.

Yeah, I'd like to see that also. I don't think Paradox is going to keep going with Victoria 2, however.

This sort of idea would definitely be interesting if the occasionally discussed "Play as a 19th century dynasty" spinoff people have suggested came into existence, although I would be hesitant to make it a major part of the game before the late 19th century/early 20th.

They've already said that they want to make two more expansions, though.

Well, then I hope that I am corrected. I would certainly buy and play the game with two more. Two likely expansions in the future is actually a pretty lucky thing to hear from the devs, in that it's more than one :) , and in such close proximity to HoD's release. We'll have to wait and see.