• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yriaf

Recruit
37 Badges
May 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
In what order do you think it is best to conquer calradia? I would be more inclined to begin with the swadian kingdom and go from there as they have (in my opinion) the best late game units. Although considering I am playing nords I have no horse and only foot so I may consider taking out the khanate before they get too big for their boots, I never enjoy fighting them as they keep circling and peppering you with arrows. I'm doing a playthrough of the vanilla campaign on Youtube to see if I can conquer calradia in as quick a time as possible. I am playing a mounted knight (lance and sword) so what do you folks think about taking on the swadians to begin with?

If you're interested in my lets play all episodes will be below! :)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11

I usually do an episode of this every two days with an episode of crusader kings in between just to change it up a bit! :lol:
So please let me know who you think would be best to attack first!

You playing Native or with a mod?

In most cases i would agree with you going for Swabia. The Nords are at start in a war with Veagirs and by the time you are opt to get some more fiefs, this war usually ends. And then Nords will likely head for Swabia, so that is where you get the most fiefs from. Especially Dhirim is a nice town to start with as it has a central location from where you can go to the other Kingdoms. Unless of course you can turn the tide on Veagirs and push them to wipe them out. Veagirs is a nice place to start with as well, due to the fact that they got good archers, good cavalry and a decent infantry.

Edit: I'm nowadays playing Native Expansion mod and there i really got a crusade to get Praven asap, simply due to the Swabian Priests, Paladins and Cavaliers(mod specific units).

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, in this playthrough however, I somehow got roped into being a merc for the vaegirs. So to be honest I will prob vassalize with them just to make the process easier in the long run. It is very difficult to take the Nord's though as their Huscarls are OP as s*&&!!

Swadians need to be taken quickly in my opinion so you can get their knights with bonus morale, not that it hugely matters but they're awesome :D