Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ALL OF MY YES. The best bit is, I pre-ordered this on Steam just today, before I even knew about this. :D

My important question is this: will games with SI have a boosted Aztec Empire? Mine was actually driven out of Europe by the renewed Roman Empire under the Auditore Emperors (under one of the Ezios. Yes, that game had many AC references in my head), but given the events we've gotten, I assume we might still have them bumped up a tech group or two. Since they'd need it for their boats at the very least. :p

Also, were there some vassal split-ups of larger countries in that game? Apart from the obvious one of the HRE.

Are there any issues importing a save from GG CK2?

Very much this.
Sounds like EUIV will be Steam only?

I have GG CK2 with a lot of the DLC, I would hate to have to buy everything again to take advantage of this...

Very much this.
Sounds like EUIV will be Steam only?

I have GG CK2 with a lot of the DLC, I would hate to have to buy everything again to take advantage of this...
I think GG CK2 and Steam CK2 keep saves in the same directory
~\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings2\saves
So it shouldn't be able to tell the difference :)

I have a CKII gamesave near the end, in which I successfully obtained my goal of the game of exterminating the catholic faith. I mean no catholic dutchy/kings. I'm wonder if that would bug the HRE or not? considering there is a slight issue with there being no members if there are no catholic's?

I have a CKII gamesave near the end, in which I successfully obtained my goal of the game of exterminating the catholic faith. I'm wonder if that would bug the HRE or not? considering there is a slight issue with there being no members if there are no catholic's?

In EUIII, it wasn't catholics, it was Christians. So, Orthodoxy would work as well.

That said, if there's no HRE, I assume the save will just count the HRE as eliminated.

EDIT: On the HRE- how does the converter determine who the Prince-Electors of the Holy Roman Empire are? Because CKII just has the general elective succession apply.

Unify the British isles sounds good to start EUIV with, GB nation at the start. Take the Canaries and Iceland for as colonial stepping stones and a few island in the Mediterranean, anything else would be OP but fun :)

But that mean I have to leave France alone in CKII because I want to stomp them in EUIV. Stomp em, let em grow a bit and stomp them some more. :laugh:

I've tried to do just that these past few days...hit a little problem when I forgot to turn Sunset Invasion off....

So I'll be doing that game again this next two weeks.

Edit: Actually I've realised, during the course of Sunset Invasion don't the Aztecs conquer North/South American through events?

I literally just asked that. XD

From Quill's video, I'm tempted to say they don't need a boost except in technology. All dat gold. o_O

How I might handle it is to make the America's more 'colonised' by the nation-tribes, but make it fairly balkanised- say that the Aztecs were able to take advantage of European horse to TAKE the continent, but they very quickly lost control of their huge empire from... well, overextension. So, there's a lot of tribes, all connected to each other instead of considerable uncolonised gaps between them, and all at a couple of tech groups higher than New World- perhaps they're in a Sunset Invasion tech group that's somewhere around the level of the Ottoman tech group?

I'm disppointed with these 2 boni. I would have liked some event packs or something.

But how does the converter work? Can I convert every ck2 save to a 1444 eu4 start? For example, starting ck2 in 1066 and immediately save+convert to eu4, getting the 1066 setup with the big war for england and everything in eu4 at 1444? I really don't want to play a ck2 game to 1444 just to convert.

If it's possible to convert at every time in ck2 then I might use the converter to create some interesting / "random" starts for eu4 by selecting some random date in ck2 and convert.

Yyyyeeessss!

Will the converter have most small realms convertible fully? As in would, say, the Duchy of Lancaster transfer into EU4 and retain its name and other characteristics?

Check the screenshot are you will see many (Duke-tier) realms that are not in EU4 vanilla.

A very generous offer. Nice to see that in general a free copy of Crusader Kings II is going down well; for all those who are disappoint -this used to crop up on the EVE-Online fora during CCP's (the devs) anniversaries or what-have-you to much scratching of heads by the majority -a free gift is a free gift, by definition better than nothing at all.

Thank you, Paradox peeps.

I think GG CK2 and Steam CK2 keep saves in the same directory
~\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings2\saves
So it shouldn't be able to tell the difference :)

yay.

*Hands over money*

I'm disppointed with these 2 boni. I would have liked some event packs or something.

But how does the converter work? Can I convert every ck2 save to a 1444 eu4 start? For example, starting ck2 in 1066 and immediately save+convert to eu4, getting the 1066 setup with the big war for england and everything in eu4 at 1444? I really don't want to play a ck2 game to 1444 just to convert.

If it's possible to convert at every time in ck2 then I might use the converter to create some interesting / "random" starts for eu4 by selecting some random date in ck2 and convert.

I... don't think that would be possible, sorry.

The other thing I can think of that I want to try is a Kingdom of Jerusalem game. :D

Even if it doesn't, you can just change "current date" in the save file :)

I've seen some questions come near mine, but not quite the same:

How will this work at the "fringes" of the CKII map?

For instance, CKII only represents the top half of the Horn of Africa. If I "convert" my CKII save into EUIV, what will the southern half be? Does it just stitch EUIV's map onto the extant CKII one, or does it have some way of extrapolating who should own what?

*BTW, I think this is just awesome. Paradox was already one of my favorite studios, but they just keep reaffirming it.