Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question: Does 'early adaptor' mean anything other than someone who preordered the game? I'm a little confused.
This is an adapter (not adaptor :p) :
Universal-AC-DC-Adapter.jpg

We are early adopters ;) And it means those who preorder :)

No, the duchy is Portucale. I assume that the converter automatically makes tags for stuff that is in CK2 but not in EU4 and there is a bug that made it not recognize k_portugal as POR. Question: Does 'early adaptor' mean anything other than someone who preordered the game? I'm a little confused.

I doubt they would use a buggy generated map as their prized screenshot for marketing purposes. Remember, in CK2 names of places can change depending on the culture of title holders. I'm 99% sure we're looking at the duchy or Portugal because we've seen other screenshots where Portugal is green in EU4. Also, the Kingdom of Portugal is rarely seen in CK2, from my experience, making it more likely again that it's the duchy.

I doubt they would use a buggy generated map as their prized screenshot for marketing purposes. Remember, in CK2 names of places can change depending on the culture of title holders. I'm 99% sure we're looking at the duchy or Portugal because we've seen other screenshots where Portugal is green in EU4. Also, the Kingdom of Portugal is rarely seen in CK2, from my experience, making it more likely again that it's the duchy.

I do believe that is indeed the duchy of Portugal.

Yes, if you already own CK2, you should be able to gift it to a friend :)

But when do you get the gift of CK2? Do you get it when you pre-order or when EU4 is released. Getting it now means you can actually play the game so you have a save to convert getting it on the 13th means you wont be able to really put that converter to use.

No the screenshot is correct, what you see is the kingdom of Portugal with the tag POR. Currently the converter replaces the color with the CK2 one.

No the screenshot is correct, what you see is the kingdom of Portugal with the tag POR. Currently the converter replaces the color with the CK2 one.

Is the Latin Empire in charge of the dukedoms around it, or were they in a state of revolt at time of conversion, and its set up like HRE

I dont care alot about the converter because i tend to own most of europe at the end of a CKII game and it would make a pretty easy EU IV Game with such a start i guess but the free copy is really nice!
Forcing a friend into a multiplayer game will be a lot easier now :-D

Thx a lot!

O btw: Demo? :D

That's really interesting. I'm guessing this will all be explained in further detail when it's time for the live-stream.

I dont care alot about the converter because i tend to own most of europe at the end of a CKII game and it would make a pretty easy EU IV Game with such a start i guess but the free copy is really nice!
Forcing a friend into a multiplayer game will be a lot easier now :-D

Thx a lot!

O btw: Demo? :D
You can grant indepentence to your vassals. I have Europe full of indepentent nations, all of them ruled by House Piast (which has 3k alive members and 25k prestige).
Take that, Habsburgs!

But, gosh, Groogy, surely your converter can't properly convert our actual CK2 titles because as we all know, every independent Christian state in EU4 is a "kingdom" ruled by a "king." :p

Except for Austria, lame duchy (or archduchy - maybe later. I think it was the only archduchy in history, Habsburgs needed to feel better about themselves so they pushed that through).