Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fantastic news!!! :)

I think the next step would be a EU IV --> V2 converter. And after that, a V2 --> HOI3 one. Obviously, why stop there? The saga may only be over by a HOI3 --> EvW tool. :D
(we still need to bridge the period of Romans to the Dark Ages of CK2 and we will be ok!)

Beautiful. Helt underbart! I love you Paradox. Will you gifta me? (I am Swedish so there won't be any moving or language problems) :D
:wub:

Is it possible for people who don't pre-order EUIV to buy the convertor on a later date?

The converter will most likely release as a separate dlc later on, but we can´t promise that it will be available on release day if you don´t pre-order before August 13th, since it is a bonus dlc!

Last edited:
Sorry for the noob question but how is it supposed to handle the difference in provinces between CK2 and EU4? EU4 doesn't have the same ones (actually it has less IIRC) and it's pretty common in CK2 to have a very dispersed realm, like inheriting a county somewhere very far away, etc.

EDIT: BTW, great addition this converter!!! I already own CK2 though, don't know what to do with it. If I could change that extra copy for a free Sunset Invasion (the only DLC I don't have) that would be perfect for me. One can dream... :) Thanks Paradox for this awesome update!

The converter might release as a separate dlc later on, but we can´t promise that it will be available on release day if you don´t pre-order before August 13th since it is a bonus dlc!

You should probably work on getting it out for the game's release. If people can't buy it, they'll just be more tempted to pirate it out of desperation, right? I'm glad I bought my pre-order last month though, so it's not an issue for me. :D

Sorry for the noob question but how is it supposed to handle the difference in provinces between CK2 and EU4? EU4 doesn't have the same ones (actually it has less IIRC) and it's pretty common in CK2 to have a very dispersed realm, like inheriting a county somewhere very far away, etc.

It likely has areas where a group of provinces will just to to whomever owns the majority, with some provinces simply being dropped completely. The end result should be "close enough".

Yyyyeeessss!

Will the converter have most small realms convertible fully? As in would, say, the Duchy of Lancaster transfer into EU4 and retain its name and other characteristics?