+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

New Pre-order Bonus Lets Players Import Saved Games, Early Adopters Also Receive Free Copy of Crusader Kings II

Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio, creators of global conquest titles for every age, today revealed the final pre-order reward for gamers for upcoming empire-building title Europa Universalis IV, releasing August 13 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Players who pre-order Europa Universalis IV will be given a free copy of critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox’s hit title of diplomacy, dynasties, and double-dealing set in the Middle Ages, to add to their own library or to give to a friend.

Early adopters will also receive a new Saved Game Converter for Crusader Kings II, which will read the details of a saved game from a Crusader Kings II and convert that into a game that can be played in Europa Universalis IV. Fans of Crusader Kings II will be able to maintain the empires they have established and guide them through the age of exploration in an all-new strategic experience, continuing their personal stories of expansion and conquest.

Both the saved converter and copy of Crusader Kings II will be available as pre-order bonuses on August 1, and players that have already pre-purchased Europa Universalis IV will receive these additional bonuses. Strategy fans can prepare for the long road to conquest by pre-ordering Europa Universalis IV, details on all pre-order bonuses can be found here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

To demonstrate how converted saved games will work in Europa Universalis IV, Paradox will be showing off the converter in a live stream on Twitch.tv. Eager conquerors can tune in on July 30 at 11 a.m. PDT (6 p.m. GMT, 7 p.m. BST, 8 p.m CEST). The stream will be live at http://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Example screen of imported saved game from Crusader Kings II into Europa Universalis IV.jpg
Views:	28975
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	86431
    Example Screenshot of an imported save game from Crusader Kings II in Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV is the latest installment in the award-winning series, with more than a million copies sold. The game gives you control of a nation to guide it through the years and create a dominant global empire in the age of exploration. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to make you experience the drama that only the grand stage of history can provide.

For more information about Europa Universalis IV, please visit www.europauniversalis4.com

Bonus: How Paradox’s Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV save converter will work - Interview at PC Gamer
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/31/cr...ter-interview/

Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV Converter Highlights
    Last edited by Regina; 01-08-2013 at 10:45.

HAH! We knew it already! :P

But nonetheless- great news. That's the reason why I bought EU4 in pre order

Uhm- one question though- will we get CK2 as gift or something? I already have CK2 with most of dlcs, so it's not exactly useful for me to have 2nd copy.

And second question- can converter be adapted to work with mods? CK2 have plenty of mods making game more interesting (and less messy than shown on screenshot) so it'd be nice to have such possibility.

What a lovely mess on this screenshot. Latin Empire in Constantinople, Pagans instead of Teutonic Order...

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer5 View Post

Well, were you really 100 % sure before the press release? Really, really?
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

AAAAAaaaaaand demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Yes, because we could see that on http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy
    You can see the times on my posts Before this "official" release

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by stilgarpl View Post
    What a lovely mess on this screenshot. Latin Empire in Constantinople, Pagans instead of Teutonic Order...
    Beautiful mess carried through time and space, piercing through history!
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Huh, that's nice one.

Beautiful mess carried through time and space, piercing through history!
    Actually, it looks pretty historical when compared to my games... (the world divided to Lotharyngia, Roman Empire, Mongols, Arabia and Ireland... )

Screenshot of CK2 converter has been leaked month ago, so... 99,9999% sure

Okay quick question. When you pre-order the game do you automatically get the CK2 key right away or do you have to wait until the 13th?

Yes! An official save game converter! Thanks, Paradox! You just made my day.
    Traits: Rare Visitor, Quick, Just, Ambitious, Deceitful.
    Honorary Titles: Second Lieutenant
    Held Titles:
    Claims:

"Uh, I'm next to ya."
    - Jore Jarrison.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteMagickaMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Could saves with Sunset Invasion give the Aztecs a presence in Europe?

..If so, it would be the only reason I'd ever consider buying SI.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I already own CKII and I never really got into it. The family mechanics/management, not my style. Kind of disappointed.

This is a really big deal. I hope it's friendly to mods.

Saying stuff about things Ithvan's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneImpireLeviathan: WarshipsVictoria: Revolutions
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    War of the VikingsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I'm very excited now!

I do wonder how they will convert all the religious and technological intricacies from CKII into EUIV.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! So very excited!
    Dutch translation of CKII!
    Improvements, suggestions, anything at all? Tell me here.
    In the room the women come and go
    Talking of Michelangelo
    Seriously, Belgians, you should have a special forum medal. - Blade!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer5 View Post

Uhm- one question though- will we get CK2 as gift or something? I already have CK2 with most of dlcs, so it's not exactly useful for me to have 2nd copy.

And second question- can converter be adapted to work with mods? CK2 have plenty of mods making game more interesting (and less messy than shown on screenshot) so it'd be nice to have such possibility.
    I'd like to add, that I'd be completely /content/ if I'd get dlcs for my current CK2 copy instead of this extra one. How about it? :P

I love you P'dox, but now you guys have ruined my life! How do I decide which friend to give my second copy to? Who will be the victim of this amazingly difficult and challenging life-changing/consuming/destroying wonder of the world to? Who?! Ahhhhh!
    "How few were left who had seen the Republic!" - Tacitus

"Quill18's economy isn't completely broke. It's austere." - Cynical Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    I already own CKII and I never really got into it. The family mechanics/management, not my style. Kind of disappointed.
    You can always sell it and the EU4 suddenly becomes quite cheap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast