• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nOxr

Major
49 Badges
Feb 9, 2007
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
1. When you are in a holdings building view, the pop up that show how many levels there are of a certain building (Barracks I - V) should also inform you how many of these levels you are eligible to build at the moment. To find that information right now you have to check the tech progress in the province and then check the tech tab to see which tech levels enables which buildings. It would be useful for when you decide which holding to invest in, since I at least prefer to invest in the province with the highest potential. For example, I may build Keep I only if I can also build Keep II and III.

2. The shortlist with names of interesting characters could also show their age. I shortlist characters for different reasons, and with only their name in the list I have to go through and hoover over every name to get a pop up and remind me who they were. For example, I often keep a list of promising children that I may want to marry or invite if they turn out as good adults. Also, sometimes I keep a list of competent candidates for future cities, temples and baronies. After a while I end up with a list of twenty odd characters and their names don't ring a bell. If their age were shown as well it would be easier to remember who they are and find the ones your are interested in.

3. In the Find Character window it would be useful to have the alternative 'Your own house' in the 'Great House' menu. After a couple of hundred years you often have a sprawling family and it would make it much more easier to find unlanded relatives that you could grant some land, for example. Or unmarried relatives that you could marry off a courtier to.

4. In the Retinue view it would help if the unused cap was calculated for you. Right now you can calculate it yourself, but it's bad HCI when the user have to make calculations to get the info. For example, I want to know the unused cap so that I know if a new Training Ground will make me reach a new retinue unit of not.

While I don't have much interest in points 1-3, I too would love to be able to see the unused retinue size.

There's a workable proxy for 3 in that you sort By Dynasty, and then you can see your easily because of the blooddrop.

Yeah, that's how I do it now, but it would be nice to be able to sort the family by stats or titels. If you have a huge family that has spread to several other realms there is no practical way of keeping tabs of them. Perhaps if they do a Cadet Branches DLC they could include this possibility.

I'm going to add that the building construction UI needs to be revamped.

I have no idea whether I'm viewing:
i) prior-to-build bonus (current)
ii) incremental change of bonuses if I were to construct the improvement
iii) total resulting bonuses if I were to construct the improvement.

At first I thought it was (i) when you hover over the far left, and (iii) when you hover over the green checkmark to build.

However, this obviously isn't true because some of the merchant mansion improvements have completely different improvement bonuses when you hover a green checkmark.

And I remember having this issue when I first started. Seeing +1.0 tax (current) and hovering the green check and seeing +1.5 tax and thinking: shiat, I'm gonna greatly increase my tax. But then it bumped in .5, not 1.5.